Hard Drugs (Read 5753 times)
Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Hard Drugs
Jan 2nd, 2015 at 5:38pm

Hard drugs are well named.
they are hard on you.

What is the worst part of hard drugs .........

Quote:
A COUPLE who were high on drugs spent two days believing they were trapped inside a janitor’s closet only to discover when the cops arrived that the closet had been open the whole time. 

Amber Campbell, 25, and John Arwood, 31, called police after breaking into the Marine and Environmental Science Center at Daytona State College, Florida, the Orlando Sentinel reported.

They told police they were trapped inside the closet.

When police arrived a foul smell led them to the pair. They found human excrement and paraphernalia for smoking meth and crack cocaine inside the closet.

When a police officer checked the closet door he realised it had been open the whole time.

The couple were freed and then immediately arrested for trespass.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/lifestyle/couple-high-on-drugs-trapped-inside-unlo...

Well, I say it is that hard drugs are illegal.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Re: Hard Drugs
Reply #1 - Jan 2nd, 2015 at 6:11pm

Did you guys ever watch "Breaking Bad"

Mild-mannered high school chemistry teacher Walter White thinks his life can't get much worse. His salary barely makes ends meet, a situation not likely to improve once his pregnant wife gives birth, and their teenage son is battling cerebral palsy. But Walter is dumbstruck when he learns he has terminal cancer. Realizing that his illness probably will ruin his family financially, Walter makes a desperate bid to earn as much money as he can in the time he has left by turning an old RV into a meth lab on wheels.

Great TV series!

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #2 - Jan 2nd, 2015 at 8:22pm

I have heard of that show, but not seen it.

Hard drugs are bad for people.

them being illegal does not help the situation .

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

MediocrityNET: because
people died for this!

Reply #3 - Jan 13th, 2015 at 1:22am

It's a very boring show: [next!]

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *

IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

MediocrityNET: because
people died for this!

Reply #4 - Jan 13th, 2015 at 1:30am

Sprintcyclist wrote on Jan 2nd, 2015 at 5:38pm:
Hard drugs are well named.
they are hard on you.

What is the worst part of hard drugs .........

Quote:
A COUPLE who were high on drugs spent two days believing they were trapped inside a janitor’s closet only to discover when the cops arrived that the closet had been open the whole time. 

Amber Campbell, 25, and John Arwood, 31, called police after breaking into the Marine and Environmental Science Center at Daytona State College, Florida, the Orlando Sentinel reported.

They told police they were trapped inside the closet.

When police arrived a foul smell led them to the pair. They found human excrement and paraphernalia for smoking meth and crack cocaine inside the closet.

When a police officer checked the closet door he realised it had been open the whole time.

The couple were freed and then immediately arrested for trespass.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/lifestyle/couple-high-on-drugs-trapped-inside-unlo...

Well, I say it is that hard drugs are illegal.

Hard drugs make women look real real bad,... men just turn into front bottoms but women simply cry forever.

No one does anything for no reason so treating the issue as a health problem is a positive step, but no one does let's face it.

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 3:02pm

One of the online news services ran a feature a few days ago, claiming drug addiction is a myth and claiming drugs -- hard or soft -- are not addictive at all.  I think they were claiming addictive personalities believe they're addicted to drugs

Wish I'd read it more thoroughly now

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

ian
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #6 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 3:23pm

I happen to know a  little about drug addiction having worked with offenders for quite a number of years. The article is crap. as an example the physical process of addiction to methamphetamine has been widely studied and is known, some may be more susceptible to addiction than others, thats a fact but a drug like meth will addict everyone who uses on a continuing basis  because of the way it effects the brain.

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 3:32pm

ian wrote on Jan 30th, 2015 at 3:23pm:
I happen to know a  little about drug addiction having worked with offenders for quite a number of years. The article is crap. as an example the physical process of addiction to methamphetamine has been widely studied and is known, some may be more susceptible to addiction than others, thats a fact but a drug like meth will addict everyone who uses on a continuing basis  because of the way it effects the brain.

Fair enough.  Always willing to listen to those with experience

I don't know why people use drugs.  Must be the same with others who don't use them - it's difficult to understand.  Not as if the warnings haven't been publicised enough

I could understand it if a drug could permanently alter a person's reality.  But the effects, or at least the euphoric effects, are said to be very brief.  And they must be, or people wouldn't continually need more

It doesn't make sense (to me).  What do drug users get from it -- a brief brain-orgasm ?  Then it wears off? So they have to get more of the stuff -- for another brief brain-orgasm ?  And then what -- they become mentally AND physically addicted to the point the brain-orgasm isn't the important bit - the physical torment is ?

IP Logged

ian
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #8 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 3:48pm

every hit of meth destroys  serotonin producing brain cells, its a vicious cycle, as the user comes down they feel depressed then need another hit to climb out of it, as the serotonin producing brain cells become fewer and fewer the need to keep taking increases. It really is a physical addiction and why its so hard to kick, they used to think the brain cells dont grow back but recent research suggest they do, very slowly over time. Im unsure what exactly causes speed psychosis but I do know every meth addict will eventually  become psychotic, Ive dealt with a few who arent coming back, their ability to control impulses appears to be very damaged, possibly it also affects the frontal lobe much the same as those born with fetal alcohol syndrome.

IP Logged

ian
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #9 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 3:54pm

PZ547 wrote on Jan 30th, 2015 at 3:32pm:
ian wrote on Jan 30th, 2015 at 3:23pm:

Fair enough.  Always willing to listen to those with experience

I don't know why people use drugs.  Must be the same with others who don't use them - it's difficult to understand.  Not as if the warnings haven't been publicised enough

I could understand it if a drug could permanently alter a person's reality.  But the effects, or at least the euphoric effects, are said to be very brief.  And they must be, or people wouldn't continually need more

It doesn't make sense (to me).  What do drug users get from it -- a brief brain-orgasm ?  Then it wears off? So they have to get more of the stuff -- for another brief brain-orgasm ?  And then what -- they become mentally AND physically addicted to the point the brain-orgasm isn't the important bit - the physical torment is ?

The vast majority of the people I deal with are from abusive and /or lower socio economic  back grounds and have big personal issues, many start off self medicating without realising they are doing so. For someone who comes from an abusive background and has little prospects in life any altered reality is where they want to be. .

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 4:02pm

ian wrote on Jan 30th, 2015 at 3:48pm:
every hit of meth destroys  serotonin producing brain cells, its a vicious cycle, as the user comes down they feel depressed then need another hit to climb out of it, as the serotonin producing brain cells become fewer and fewer the need to keep taking increases. It really is a physical addiction and why its so hard to kick, they used to think the brain cells dont grow back but recent research suggest they do, very slowly over time. Im unsure what exactly causes speed psychosis but I do know every meth addict will eventually  become psychotic, Ive dealt with a few who arent coming back, their ability to control impulses appears to be very damaged, possibly it also affects the frontal lobe much the same as those born with fetal alcohol syndrome.

Smiley

What a horrible enslavement.  Hooks users into selling to support their own habit.  Principles gone by then - getting more would be like craving water in the desert I suppose, so they wouldn't care who they threw under the bus

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 4:31pm

Quote:
The vast majority of the people I deal with are from abusive and /or lower socio economic  back grounds and have big personal issues, many start off self medicating without realising they are doing so. For someone who comes from an abusive background and has little prospects in life any altered reality is where they want to be. .

Makes you wonder.  If drugs weren't available and basically promoted as they have been in the past approx. 40 years, many of the people like those you've described might have emerged stronger in character and with a half-decent life

There were kids/people such as you've described all the way through.  Some killed themselves from depression, others turned to alcohol or Bex and Vincent's APCs and others formed the flotsam and jetsam of society, never able to pull themselves out of it.  But nothing as bad as the situation (drugs) today

And it's not a matter of lower intelligence as the determining factor, because a woman we know who mixes socially via her spouse with a lot of what we term 'professionals' claims the parties she attends centre around drugs with members of the legal industry snorting/using stuff openly, etc.  Daresay doctors, politicians etc. are no different.  Drugs seem to be regarded in the same way as cocktails in earlier eras -- recreational, fun, harmless, just a bit of relaxation and indulgence by those who cannot claim a deprived childhood environment

CIA, FBI and other alphabet agencies.  Agents posing as bikies and controlling supply and distribution.  Seems an agenda to me.  It's as bad as the black death in its damage

I was a child such as those you've described.  Was on my own from an early age.  But stayed clear of alcohol, when that was as close to reality-altering substances as was available then.  Kept clear of drugs, apart from an experimental episode (singular) with marijuana (told it was 'best buds' and only did it to shut up a nagging sister who accused me of 'knocking stuff you know nothing about').  It was a fascinating experience, actually. I expected to get sleepy, hungry and laugh a lot.  Instead, I entered an altered state, astral travelled, turned into what seemed to be an Aztec youth, etc. 

But I have a strong aversion to being controlled, or maybe it's to being out of control of myself.  Reason alcohol held no joys for me.  Same with drugs.  So I battled extreme depression for about ten years, made a couple of stupid suicide attempts, ended up with agoraphobia (which had no name back then) and eventually emerged pretty much unscathed - which is probably true for many of my generation.  We evaded, escaped, learned, survived, despite life being much harder in many ways then.  Maybe it was because we'd had drummed into us from an early age the old adage, 'Just because Jimmy jumps off a bridge, does it mean you will, too ? '.  Do parents and teachers still say that, I wonder ?  - re: the alleged 'peer pressure' claimed as responsible for much initial drug taking

I feel sorry for anyone enslaved by a filthy substance that turns from joy to agony very quickly.  No answers, of course, except to pray someone comes up with an antidote asap -- which would put the alphabet agencies and agents, drug-labs, pushers, etc. out of business and save future generations

There has to exist an antidote - something cheap and quick that people can take as easily as cough syrup.  Has to be ..

IP Logged

ian
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #12 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 5:22pm

PZ547 wrote on Jan 30th, 2015 at 4:31pm:

There has to exist an antidote - something cheap and quick that people can take as easily as cough syrup.  Has to be ..

there is, they made it illegal.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Feb 27th, 2015 at 7:46am

what a shame these drugs cannot be used for good??

I often wonder when I see the law destroying the drugs they have seized... why can it not be used for the betterment of mankind....seems an amazing waste to me... I know heroin is one of the purest drugs... and without it us humans would deal with a lot of pain...

some how they have to come up with something to block the addiction hormone or whatever controls our addictions.. its all in the brain after all...and if they can turn off the nicotine why not other drugs???..

IP Logged

Lionel Edriess
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Feb 27th, 2015 at 10:08pm

There is a big move in the US to decriminalise marijuana for medicinal and personal use. Now it is being sold openly in stores. Is it Colorado that started the trend?

Too many people are imprisoned for its personal use and cultivation. As far as I'm concerned, making personal use and possession legal will decrease the criminal involvement in drug manufacture and cultivation.

Bear in mind, I have no sympathy for the illegal dealing of any drug.

My question is, is the decriminalisation of marijuana for personal use a good thing or a bad thing?

I'm of two minds about this for two reasons:

* As a long-time recreational pot smoker (never busted), I recognise the greater potency of today's hydroponic cannabis (not a good thing) and the fact that eased availability to cannabis will help prevent a drift to the harder drugs (a good thing).

* That cannabis use is a bit like alcohol use (though less harmful overall) - abuse leads, inevitably, to harm.

What say you?

Toughen up, Australia!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print