Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 
Send Topic Print
FOR THOSE WHO ♥ GARDENING (Read 26275 times)
Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: FOR THOSE WHO ♥ GARDENING
Reply #495 - Apr 26th, 2015 at 9:00am

cods wrote on Apr 26th, 2015 at 8:19am:

dont tell anyone you hate chokos pansi... almost sacrilege chokos were a staple..in fact they deserve a medal for their war efforts....shame on you...I seem to have an army of ants taking over a few ant hills forming...I will get my bren gun warmed up.. its called a boiling kettle not nice but necessary.

well done with the paspalum..another dying feature of the aussie garden..whatever happened to who can grow the longest paspalum stalk at school fetes??? Angry   

Actually, I like the humble choko, just boiled and a little bit of melted marg over the top, nothing fancy.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." Hendrix
andrei said: Great isn't it? Seeing boatloads of what is nothing more than human garbage turn up.....

IP Logged

miketrees
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #496 - Apr 26th, 2015 at 9:23am

I have had good success planting two boxes full of sweet potato cuttings, one orange and one white variety.

So now they can go dormant in winter then I have ready made plants to go in the ground early next spring.
So i get a longer growing season instead of waiting for runners to grow then cutting them and planting them.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #497 - Apr 26th, 2015 at 9:53am

Redmond Neck wrote on Apr 26th, 2015 at 8:54am:
Sounds like Lisa has form.

actually,it sounds like some people have waaaayyyyy to much free time on their hands.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #498 - Apr 26th, 2015 at 10:17am

John Smith wrote on Apr 26th, 2015 at 9:53am:

actually,it sounds like some people have waaaayyyyy to much free time on their hands.

Forewarned is forearmed, you'd tell your kids about stranger danger, surely.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." Hendrix
andrei said: Great isn't it? Seeing boatloads of what is nothing more than human garbage turn up.....

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #499 - Apr 26th, 2015 at 10:21am

Ex Dame Pansi wrote on Apr 26th, 2015 at 10:17am:

actually, no . I don't. I see no reason to make my kids terrified of strangers. They are taught caution, and to never go anywhere with a stranger, but never told to stay away from strangers. As a result my 5 yr old has never lacked the confidence to approach anyone when he needs to, adult or child.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #500 - Apr 26th, 2015 at 11:34am

Well that was an enlightening read.

I prefer to sleep through my nights though.

Surely you meant a farm.

If so...no not yet.

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #501 - Apr 26th, 2015 at 12:24pm

John Smith wrote on Apr 26th, 2015 at 10:21am:

actually, no . I don't. I see no reason to make my kids terrified of strangers. They are taught caution, and to never go anywhere with a stranger, but never told to stay away from strangers. As a result my 5 yr old has never lacked the confidence to approach anyone when he needs to, adult or child.

It looks like you tell your kids about stranger danger.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #502 - Apr 26th, 2015 at 1:27pm

Ex Dame Pansi wrote on Apr 26th, 2015 at 12:24pm:
John Smith wrote on Apr 26th, 2015 at 10:21am:

It looks like you tell your kids about stranger danger.

no, not the same thing. I don't teach them, nor have I ever taught them to be wary of strangers.  You can teach them that they are ONLY to go with mummy or daddy, without making strangers the enemies.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #503 - Apr 26th, 2015 at 1:57pm

Ex Dame Pansi wrote on Apr 26th, 2015 at 7:43am:
cods wrote on Apr 26th, 2015 at 7:36am:
mothra wrote on Apr 25th, 2015 at 11:08pm:
cods wrote on Apr 25th, 2015 at 11:04pm:
mothra wrote on Apr 25th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Lisa can you please stay on topic?

We are trying to talk about gardens here.

you must be new on here... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Heya Cods ... i remember you from Yahoo.

I was cybermothra there.

I remember Lisa too ... and all of her incarnations. Most despicable poster i ever met.

hi mothra... sorry my memory isnt as good as yours...
lucky me I dont remember lisa either....

Hi Cybermothra. Do you remember me from Yahoo? Were we friends? lol!!!....I was a 'born again' back then but now I'm an ex churchy, I saw the light so to speak.

oops! gardening. Potatoes hate too much water. Remember the great potato famine in Ireland? My roots belong to that.

I remember you well and fondly Pansi  Smiley

My roots belongtothe potato famine too. Damn Oliver Cromwell!

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #504 - May 2nd, 2015 at 11:32am

I am very concerned for all those who do not live on sloping blocks.... have your chokos been swept away by the deluge that is storming Qld again and again.???...

its astounding where this rain comes from and why Qld.. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes.. maybe you are being punished retribution for voting out Campbell..who knows....I trust you are all high and dry anyway...if thats any comfort nothing like soggy to get your blood up..I am knitting sandbags if anyone is interested..

IP Logged

Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #505 - May 2nd, 2015 at 12:36pm

cods wrote on May 2nd, 2015 at 11:32am:
I am very concerned for all those who do not live on sloping blocks.... have your chokos been swept away by the deluge that is storming Qld again and again.???...

its astounding where this rain comes from and why Qld.. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes.. maybe you are being punished retribution for voting out Campbell..who knows....I trust you are all high and dry anyway...if thats any comfort nothing like soggy to get your blood up..I am knitting sandbags if anyone is interested..

Hey Cods, I live on a hill and my choko's survived the deluge, not only that they thrived on all the water. I call it choko power.....anyway send us some sand bags, looks like this might be a common occurrence, Karma you reckon hmmm, namaste, a half a dozen of every colour and some of those pretty rainbow ones, gotta show some gay/lesbian support, Qld is rocking now Campbell's gone.

While you're at it can you knit up some nice choko blankets, it's getting a bit cool up here and I hate to see them with goosebumps on their little green bodies.

Happy gardening ya all!

Where have all the gardeners gone?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #506 - May 2nd, 2015 at 1:07pm

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #507 - May 3rd, 2015 at 10:37am

Ex Dame Pansi wrote on May 2nd, 2015 at 12:36pm:
cods wrote on May 2nd, 2015 at 11:32am:

Hey Cods, I live on a hill and my choko's survived the deluge, not only that they thrived on all the water. I call it choko power.....anyway send us some sand bags, looks like this might be a common occurrence, Karma you reckon hmmm, namaste, a half a dozen of every colour and some of those pretty rainbow ones, gotta show some gay/lesbian support, Qld is rocking now Campbell's gone.

While you're at it can you knit up some nice choko blankets, it's getting a bit cool up here and I hate to see them with goosebumps on their little green bodies.

Happy gardening ya all!

Where have all the gardeners gone?

I have put my pattern on google so I think you will find many gardners are busy knitting up a storm.. ooopss pardon the pun.....

I am only doing blue and pink.. thought I would send one to Kate and Wills..as a surprise..wonder if they still have the kangaroo???...

glad you have survived what must seem like a curse...lol.. I am sure Campbell has something to do with it you know. Wink Wink.. he wants to sink clives titanic as well as the dinosaurs....almost sure I saw Campbell at the park the day the dino caught fire..

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 
Send Topic Print