Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print
spam posts (Read 6374 times)
Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Re: PLEASE READ
Reply #15 - Dec 22nd, 2014 at 7:57pm

FD, I note a great many threads have been deleted.  Was this part of the process of cleaning Matty's mess up?

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #16 - Dec 22nd, 2014 at 8:37pm

Only just noticed this.  I really ought ignore it, but if I do, it just sits there, unchallenged, and people may actually believe it.

Quote:
Is this Aussie trying to take over OzPol because he can (again) offer to pay the money to run the show, appoint  Mods he can control and ban anybody he dislikes?

The last person who wanted me to pay for a Forum was Deep Thought.  He wanted $5,000.00.  While I had that in my pocket, it stayed right there.  If I wanted to do what you assert, I could easily have done so.

Quote:
Does anybody remember the last time Aussie ran a  Political Forum?

I'm sure many do, and most, in hindsight, will now see what I was trying to ward off.

Quote:
Aussie is a renown Forum demolition team.

History (facts) proves you wrong.  PA is still there standing tall among the rats in the sewers, Monk's joint, while small, is solid as a rock ~ any rock I've seen,  Debate & Relate is there, even after the stupid "Jack Doolan" crap which I justifiably attacked remorselessly, Little Ozzie Bloke's Forum is there and has been there for years before I joined, some others I'll keep to myself are thriving.....and best of all Neferti.....notwithstanding the very best PA (ie "Lucas" and NOIQ) has been able to throw at OzPol......it too is still standing tall.

What has happened is a monument to the balls of whoever it was who banned Mattywisk/jackmountain etc...because I reckon it is a guarantee they knew the arsehole would do exactly what he did.

My hope is that Members will rally around, support this site, not doubt its security and petition FD to implement those simple management changes which have been proposed, not only by me but also by Perceptions Now.

Now....let's compare that record with where you, and others have been.  Was it Cracker.....and was it Yahoo?  How are they going.......and guess what?  I was not at either of them.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #17 - Dec 22nd, 2014 at 10:35pm

freediver wrote on Dec 22nd, 2014 at 3:46pm:
Looks like we have some kind of hacker on the loose. I am looking into it. For the moment, please do not open any threads by Sarah, or by members with a name that is just a few commas or full stops. If a thread is failing to open, or if you see any threads with the most recent post by Sarah or a name that is just a few commas or full stops, please PM me noting the board name, the date of the post and the user name for the most recent post.

Global mods and board mods, please remove any of these threads without opening them.

If a thread goes missing, it is probably in quarantine. Please be patient while we get it cleaned up.

Hi FD,
The site is working well now.

Thanks for cleaning up the mess.

That hacker nearly wrecked your site.

Bobby.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Dec 22nd, 2014 at 10:54pm

longweekend58 wrote on Dec 22nd, 2014 at 6:02pm:
There are NO moderators around that ever do the job they are supposed to do.

aren't you lucky that is the case ......if they were you'd be permanently banned.  Cheesy Cheesy

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Dec 23rd, 2014 at 7:12am

Thanks Freediver, site fixed.....mission accomplished  Smiley

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." Hendrix
andrei said: Great isn't it? Seeing boatloads of what is nothing more than human garbage turn up.....

IP Logged

Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Dec 23rd, 2014 at 7:41am

Freediver, did you have to delete all the threads with the hackers ID?

Is there any way you can reinstate  massive global eruptions
in Thinking Globally, years of work down the drain, shame!

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." Hendrix
andrei said: Great isn't it? Seeing boatloads of what is nothing more than human garbage turn up.....

IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #21 - Dec 23rd, 2014 at 9:00am

many blessings

check out the live cyber attacks underway here

http://map.ipviking.com/

Alert! Comcast Reporting Large-Scale Outages From Coast to Coast!

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1354180482/1230#1231

http://undergroundworldnews.com/2014/12/22/massive-cyber-attacks-being-launched-...

ॐ May Much LOVE and CHRISTS LIGHT be upon and within us all.... namasté ▲ - : )  ╰დ╮ॐ╭დ╯
it_is_the_light it_is_the_light Christ+Light Christ+Light  
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: spam posts
Reply #22 - Dec 23rd, 2014 at 9:29am

Thanks for your feedback.

It turns out this was a very low-tech attack and easy to fix. I have restored all the affected threads. Let me know if I missed any.

If you see it happening again, please report the issue. Figure out who is doing it and remind members not to try to open threads that have been affected by that user.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #23 - Dec 23rd, 2014 at 12:43pm

freediver wrote on Dec 23rd, 2014 at 9:29am:

It turns out this was a very low-tech attack and easy to fix. I have restored all the affected threads. Let me know if I missed any.

If you see it happening again, please report the issue. Figure out who is doing it and remind members not to try to open threads that have been affected by that user.

This one is still out:

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1419109058/60#71

IP Logged

perceptions_now
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth  WA
Reply #24 - Dec 23rd, 2014 at 12:54pm

Well, that's an "interesting idea", FD!
Perhaps you could elaborate on just how that could be done, particularly if it is a Sock, using an overseas Proxy Server?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #25 - Dec 23rd, 2014 at 5:46pm

perceptions_now wrote on Dec 23rd, 2014 at 12:54pm:

Well, that's an "interesting idea", FD!
Perhaps you could elaborate on just how that could be done, particularly if it is a Sock, using an overseas Proxy Server?

I've sent an alert to freediver and the GMods, so I wonder how long it takes for action?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #26 - Dec 23rd, 2014 at 7:05pm

Bobby, do you recall the thread title? I can't find any record of it.

Perce, I don't mean their name and address. Just the user name, so we can tell people not to open threads they have blocked up with spam.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #27 - Dec 24th, 2014 at 7:13am

freediver wrote on Dec 23rd, 2014 at 7:05pm:
Bobby, do you recall the thread title? I can't find any record of it.

The thread title was:

Longweekend's cult linked with paedophillia.

some text found on google:

3 days ago - 7 posts - ‎3 authors
Well what it does is show most fundy churches are linked to Hillsong ... green-slime however is treading a line that walks into slander and possible defamation and no moderator will changed that. Dear ... Dear Greens, that is blasphemy & heresy. In the middle ages you would have been burnt at the stake.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Dec 24th, 2014 at 7:29am

is anyone else having this problem....

first time I read the post... yours just now bobs..

only that name of the thread came up..

then just now the part about the text come up as well..

I have noticed this happening before....just once in  a while...

so you can infact reply to a post that has only part of the written message showing.....

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #29 - Dec 24th, 2014 at 9:14am

I don't remember it that way at all Aussie ... and neither does anyone else.  What we remember is Freediver kicking you out of PA and holding another election because you were simply incompetent.

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print