Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 ... 65
Send Topic Print
What are you having for Dinner (Read 173975 times)
Jasin
Gold Member

Re: What are you having for Dinner
Reply #795 - Apr 8th, 2020 at 9:41am

The Cook, the Chef and the Lover. Grin

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #796 - Apr 27th, 2020 at 2:25am

Grin

IP Logged

Black Orchid

Reply #797 - Apr 27th, 2020 at 10:10am

LOL OUCHIE!!

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #798 - Apr 27th, 2020 at 10:57am

I prefer the look of Mussels.

Hi Black Orchid.  Smiley

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Black Orchid

Reply #799 - Apr 27th, 2020 at 3:11pm

Hi JaSin  Smiley

Had the best Mexican meal last night.  Will definitely be going back for more in the near future.

Gringos!

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #800 - Apr 27th, 2020 at 3:24pm

I got all excited when I read this, popped into Colea today an they said each store only get 3kg and not every day.

Gypped.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8235017/Coles-sell-tuna-used-restaurant...

IBI

IP Logged

Black Orchid

Reply #801 - Apr 27th, 2020 at 3:34pm

Yeah I forgot to even check when I was in Coles last week and only remembered when I got home.

I will try to remember this week and hope my local Coles has some.

IP Logged

Black Orchid

Reply #802 - Apr 27th, 2020 at 3:37pm

Gordon, if you like Mexican try Gringos at Putney.   They deliver but not far though unfortunately.  My son drove over and collected the order.

Their Mexican Salad and Salsa is to die for and it's very rare for me to rave about food.   This was certainly rave worthy though.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #803 - Apr 27th, 2020 at 5:42pm

Gordon wrote on Apr 27th, 2020 at 3:24pm:
I got all excited when I read this, popped into Colea today an they said each store only get 3kg and not every day.

Gypped.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8235017/Coles-sell-tuna-used-restaurant...

cant read that link gordy... adblocker..but I am pleased to see tuna coming back  I have two cats who love whiskas tuna loaf...it happens to be the dearest one in the group but havent been able to get it for weeks....we are trying to find a substitute .. so far no good.. I am paying top dollar for pussy pieces they wont eat....grrrrrrrr....

so if this means fish byproducts going to cat food  bring it on.....

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #804 - Apr 27th, 2020 at 5:48pm

Black Orchid wrote on Apr 27th, 2020 at 3:37pm:
Gordon, if you like Mexican try Gringos at Putney.   They deliver but not far though unfortunately.  My son drove over and collected the order.

Their Mexican Salad and Salsa is to die for and it's very rare for me to rave about food.   This was certainly rave worthy though.

I don't mind Mex but not 40 mins each way like Smiley

Guzman Gomez is good enough for me  Grin

IBI

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #805 - Apr 27th, 2020 at 5:49pm

cods wrote on Apr 27th, 2020 at 5:42pm:

Gypped.

cant read that link gordy... adblocker..but I am pleased to see tuna coming back  I have two cats who love whiskas tuna loaf...it happens to be the dearest one in the group but havent been able to get it for weeks....we are trying to find a substitute .. so far no good.. I am paying top dollar for pussy pieces they wont eat....grrrrrrrr....

Grin Grin Grin

IBI

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #806 - Apr 27th, 2020 at 5:49pm

For Cods

Premium tuna set to be sold at Coles at HALF PRICE as international market collapses and high-end restaurants shut down

Coles will begin selling premium yellowfin tuna in select stores
    The deal comes after a supplier was unable to sell internationally and to chefs
    The high-quality product is worth $35 per kilo - half the price of before COVID-19

High-end seafood products, including tuna, crayfish and premium Shark Bay scallops will soon be available on supermarket shelves - for a fraction of the price.   

Coles stores in Victoria, New South Wales and Queensland will be offering highly sought after premium yellow fin tuna for $35 per kilogram from Wednesday.

The retail giant struck a deal with Heidi and Pavo Walker, whose 50 employees catch the sought-after produce off the coast of Mooloolaba on the Sunshine Coast.

The husband and wife duo usually sell 80 per cent of their fish to the United States and Japan, and the remainder is auctioned off to some of the most well renowned chefs in Australia.

But the coronavirus had left their export-focussed business model in tatters.

The couple was unable to deliver the fresh produce internationally, and many of their local customers were forced to close their doors to comply with the lockdown.

The deal with Coles benefits customers, who are now able to snap up premium tuna for half the usual price.

The tuna is priced at $35 per kilogram - down from $70 prior to the COVID-19 crisis - and will be available in 150 stores in the eastern states. 

Coles general manager Charlotte Gilbert said the supermarket chain was 'delighted to partner with Walker Seafoods to support them during this time.'

'We've also recently begun stocking Western Australian crayfish into selected Coles delis during Easter and partnered with Far West Scallops for the supply of premium quality Shark Bay scallops. We will continue to partner with Australia's fishermen to bring the best quality sustainable seafood to Coles.'

The Walker's said they had no intention to end their relationship with Coles when borders finally do re-open.

'We want the tuna to be accessible to all Australians, while also being ready to support chefs when restaurants reopen. It's likely we'll export less,' Ms Walker told GoodFood.

She said the couple were desperate to keep their boats fishing and their 50 staff employed following the collapse of businesses all around them.

'Two weeks ago, I contacted Coles to see if they could help put our tuna in their supermarkets, and they jumped at the chance,' she said.

James Marinopoulos, the sales manager of Melbourne Based wholesaler Red Coral, said the seafood now available to customers in stores was mind-boggling.

'A sashimi platter of scarlet prawns, Mooloolaba yellowfin and Ora King salmon is for all time. Only a month ago it would have been almost impossible to create at home. Now people can have all that premium seafood delivered to their door,' he said.

IBI

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #807 - Apr 27th, 2020 at 6:23pm

Gordon wrote on Apr 27th, 2020 at 5:49pm:
cods wrote on Apr 27th, 2020 at 5:42pm:

Gypped.

Grin Grin Grin

Cods is craving for more pussy stuff by the look of it.
Been locked up too long Cods?
At least you pay top dollar. You don't wanna hang around street corners for it.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #808 - Apr 27th, 2020 at 6:32pm

Morning tea at Codsys place

images__1__019.jpeg (23 KB | 24 )
images__1__019.jpeg

IBI

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #809 - Apr 27th, 2020 at 8:36pm

I haven't licked a cup-cake in decades... well, since my Math's teacher passed me with flying colours in her class.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 ... 65
Send Topic Print