Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
Christmas Fare (Read 6481 times)
Black Orchid

Re: Christmas Fare
Reply #75 - Dec 14th, 2015 at 2:03pm

cods wrote on Dec 13th, 2015 at 7:54am:
Black Orchid wrote on Dec 12th, 2015 at 3:15pm:
Christmas is for family and friends.  Getting together with those we love and may not see often enough during the year.

It doesn't matter if it is a small or large gathering.  Just catching up is enough    Smiley

sadly not everyone thinks like that...they avoid their family even then...some folks spend their whole life bearing a grudge...dunno what they get out of it..

more wrinkles I think.

I can understand people avoiding their extended families .  I have Christmas with my sons, friends and even the ex is invited but if I saw my sister around Christmas I would ram the Christmas tree ....................  you get the picture   Grin

IP Logged

BlueBeard

Australian Politics

Reply #76 - Dec 14th, 2015 at 4:37pm

Black Orchid wrote on Dec 14th, 2015 at 2:03pm:
Christmas is for family and friends.  Getting together with those we love and may not see often enough during the year.

It doesn't matter if it is a small or large gathering.  Just catching up is enough    Smiley

sadly not everyone thinks like that...they avoid their family even then...some folks spend their whole life bearing a grudge...dunno what they get out of it..

more wrinkles I think.

I can understand people avoiding their extended families .  I have Christmas with my sons, friends and even the ex is invited but if I saw my sister around Christmas I would ram the Christmas tree ....................  you get the picture   Grin

not sure how you can make judgement on people that you don't even know cods, but hey, good for you

IP Logged

Black Orchid

Reply #77 - Dec 14th, 2015 at 7:00pm

Tis the season to be jolly   Smiley

GROAN I am so NOT into Christmas this year though.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #78 - Dec 14th, 2015 at 10:44pm

Black Orchid wrote on Dec 14th, 2015 at 2:03pm:

more wrinkles I think.

it must have been some crisis... and I am sad to hear that I never had a sister..but I do all I can to get my girls to see their sisters point of view when something causes trouble...I dont know if it works but they are still there for each other...when the chips are down....

you know I find it hard that people cannot put some thing that happened a long time ago.. to rest..

I know it sounds easy peasy and I know it isnt....but its bad enough when you lose someone to death and there is now going back....but to keep up something that keeps not just you and you and you sister but her children and your children apart...

I dont understand that I really dont...

you know what they say about forgiveness BO its divine....

just thinking Christmas is the time to do all that sometimes... Sad Sad Sad

IP Logged

Black Orchid

Reply #79 - Dec 15th, 2015 at 10:33am

Cods, some people are just plain toxic and for your own well being (and that of those you love) you just have to cut them loose.

Christmas is a time to spend with those we love, if we can, and there is no golden rule that stipulates who we should or should not love.

There is no magic Christmas cure.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #80 - Dec 15th, 2015 at 5:03pm

Black Orchid wrote on Dec 15th, 2015 at 10:33am:
Cods, some people are just plain toxic and for your own well being (and that of those you love) you just have to cut them loose.

Christmas is a time to spend with those we love, if we can, and there is no golden rule that stipulates who we should or should not love.

There is no magic Christmas cure.

We will always love our family, even when we are angry, sometimes we are  disillusioned and dissapointed, we can just take some time out for how ever long we need to re group and think- cutting out family is so isolating and final.  The possibilty  they may die always exist's, and who want's to live with that kind of regret for the rest of your life.?

When someone appears toxic/angry, it just means we don't understand enough about that person. Communication.  Christmas is supposed to be a time for family and gathering's but the reality exist's, families do fued and it can go on for a long time. I get over arguement's quickly others stew on it for years- Christmas is not a magic cure , but you can wish them the best and say Happy Christmas.
« Last Edit: Dec 15th, 2015 at 5:11pm by Agnes »  

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

Black Orchid

Reply #81 - Dec 15th, 2015 at 6:57pm

If you are talking about 'our' children, I agree.  I would always support mine absolutely and would go to Hell and back for them.  Always.

As for siblings/friends etc.  There is no rule that says we have to 'love' them til the end of time.  If someone wrongs you again and again and again you would have to be silly to keep backing up for more.

If there is dead wood in your life that constantly clobbers you.  Cut it off.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #82 - Dec 15th, 2015 at 7:14pm

Black Orchid wrote on Dec 15th, 2015 at 6:57pm:
If you are talking about 'our' children, I agree.  I would always support mine absolutely and would go to Hell and back for them.  Always.

As for siblings/friends etc.  There is no rule that says we have to 'love' them til the end of time.  If someone wrongs you again and again and again you would have to be silly to keep backing up for more.

If there is dead wood in your life that constantly clobbers you.  Cut it off.

Good in theory, I am currently in a state of flux with 1 of my sisters, never did I ever think this would or could ever happen to me/us. Yes there was initial anger of course and yes I said I would never speak to her ever again. I saw a picture of her the other day and I was overwhelmed with emotion, this sister whom I thought I had such grievance with after years of being very close. I do love her and nothing will change that, and I regret every day we do not talk- if there was a way back I would take it, because life is too short. I would never cut anyone out. I just don't have the heart.
« Last Edit: Dec 15th, 2015 at 7:51pm by Agnes »  

IP Logged

Black Orchid

Reply #83 - Dec 15th, 2015 at 7:37pm

I don't hate my sister, I don't believe in hate it's too negative an emotion, but she is the bane of my life.

If you have feelings for yours I hope you can work things out with her.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #84 - Dec 15th, 2015 at 7:49pm

« Last Edit: Dec 16th, 2015 at 12:54am by Agnes »  

IP Logged

Black Orchid

Reply #85 - Dec 18th, 2015 at 5:23pm

BlueBeard wrote on Dec 9th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
we usually make a Chocolate Ripple - big round donut looking one

but this year my daughter is volunteering to make "individual" ones in a small bowls

sounds good and that's one less thing I we have to do Smiley

I love a Chocolate Ripple cake and make them occasionally.  Not sure how to do individual ones that still look good though as the biscuits are biggish.  Perhaps you can share?   Smiley

I might have to experiment with this later on.

IP Logged

BlueBeard

Australian Politics

Reply #86 - Dec 21st, 2015 at 11:34am

Black Orchid wrote on Dec 18th, 2015 at 5:23pm:
BlueBeard wrote on Dec 9th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
we usually make a Chocolate Ripple - big round donut looking one

but this year my daughter is volunteering to make "individual" ones in a small bowls

sounds good and that's one less thing I we have to do Smiley

I love a Chocolate Ripple cake and make them occasionally.  Not sure how to do individual ones that still look good though as the biscuits are biggish.  Perhaps you can share?   Smiley

I might have to experiment with this later on.

shouldn't be too hard - just a few biscuits in a small bowl with cream.. i'll take a pic if I remember

I'm thinking of doing most of the cooking in one hit as the family wont be around till late xmas day then on boxing day go down to mums - so if I do 2 chickens and 2 lambs on the webber on xmas day we can have cold sliced meat for meals - or something like that

IP Logged

BlueBeard

Australian Politics

Reply #87 - Dec 21st, 2015 at 11:40am

xmas at the inlaws

when it becomes about 2 people
when it becomes about money and who can out do each other
when it becomes about a few people bullying the rest or making them feel like outcasts every xmas
when it comes about trying to control people and what they should think

then bugger it

later losers...  Roll Eyes

« Last Edit: Dec 21st, 2015 at 11:49am by BlueBeard »  

IP Logged

Black Orchid

Reply #88 - Dec 22nd, 2015 at 4:46pm

I agree   Smiley

IP Logged

Black Orchid

Reply #89 - Dec 22nd, 2015 at 4:51pm

Well I made this today.  A frozen dessert for a hot Christmas Day.  If it looks ok after I upend it I will take pics ...  if I remember.

Ed obviously used food colouring in his green and red layers.  I don't like food colouring so mine is probably more anaemic than his.  Hopefully it will taste just as good though.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print