Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
First star wars the force awakens trailer (Read 1506 times)
stryder
Gold Member

Australian Politics

First star wars the force awakens trailer
Nov 30th, 2014 at 6:44pm

Its only a teaser that runs for 1 minute 30 seconds. which was released on black friday.

What do you think of the trailer ?? you like the vibe and tone as much as I, are you excited for it ??

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Re: First star wars the force awakens trailer
Reply #1 - Dec 8th, 2014 at 8:41am

Quite frankly, I'm not expecting much from the movie. And I especially this trend in the era of CGI for stupid camera angles. E.g. when we first see the Millennium Falcon and the camera rotates as well as the Falcon.

Its as bad as John Woos endless slow motion scenes.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

stryder
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Dec 14th, 2014 at 7:28pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Dec 8th, 2014 at 8:41am:
Quite frankly, I'm not expecting much from the movie. And I especially this trend in the era of CGI for stupid camera angles. E.g. when we first see the Millennium Falcon and the camera rotates as well as the Falcon.

Its as bad as John Woos endless slow motion scenes.

I agree about too much CGI, I have a problem with CGI infested films, where instead of using bits of CGI to complement a film, it overtakes the entire film, where directors like Michael bay are much interested in displaying CGI visual fireworks over an engaging follow through story.

« Last Edit: Dec 14th, 2014 at 7:46pm by stryder »  

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #3 - Dec 21st, 2014 at 1:22am

It looks like a genuine attempt to get back to the original trilogy's feel. But I don't understand the part about the guy lighting up a lightsaber with additional little sabers for the handling. Seems counterproductive.

IP Logged

stryder
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Dec 21st, 2014 at 7:12am

UnSubRocky wrote on Dec 21st, 2014 at 1:22am:
It looks like a genuine attempt to get back to the original trilogy's feel. But I don't understand the part about the guy lighting up a lightsaber with additional little sabers for the handling. Seems counterproductive.

I guess they thought a slick new lightsaber with hilts coming out would look visually cool, along with the new design of the stormtrooper head gear, and a new droid that looks like a soccer ball.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #5 - Dec 25th, 2014 at 7:39pm

stryder wrote on Dec 21st, 2014 at 7:12am:

I guess they thought a slick new lightsaber with hilts coming out would look visually cool, along with the new design of the stormtrooper head gear, and a new droid that looks like a soccer ball.

The reaction the trailer would get would be how do the characters in the movie resolve these scenes. Why does a Jedi/Sith have hilt sabers that make it impractical to use? Why would a droid be designed to look like a soccer ball, and what is its purpose? What is the stormtrooper afraid for? Did he wake up with a new realisation about his own existence? Why jetski the X-wings?

IP Logged

stryder
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Dec 27th, 2014 at 8:13am

UnSubRocky wrote on Dec 25th, 2014 at 7:39pm:

The reaction the trailer would get would be how do the characters in the movie resolve these scenes. Why does a Jedi/Sith have hilt sabers that make it impractical to use? Why would a droid be designed to look like a soccer ball, and what is its purpose? What is the stormtrooper afraid for? Did he wake up with a new realisation about his own existence? Why jetski the X-wings?

There is a rumour and a possible SPOILER, that the actor John Boyega is playing a character named Finn (black stormtrooper) who might be the central character in the new trilogy, in which and old and bearded Luke Skywalker senses the force inside him and takes him on as his jedi apprentice.

While the rest ?? I guess the hilted lightsaber and X wings on jetski make for COOL OPTICS.  Smiley may have to find other more star wars enthusiants to explain there deeper meaning. because thats what i think.
« Last Edit: Dec 27th, 2014 at 8:22am by stryder »  

IP Logged

DifferentFrequency

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #7 - Dec 27th, 2014 at 4:00pm

George lucas must have got caught for bicycle-sexualism and the powers that be told him they'd let him off if he degraded his life's work.

Beware of those who keep cats, for those are the familiar of the communist

IP Logged

Raven
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Around
Reply #8 - Dec 31st, 2014 at 4:26pm

Maybe that particular Jedi/Sith is Luke Skywalker. He had a nasty accident on Bespin when his hand was removed. Perhaps the new hilt is designed to prevent that occurring again.

Quoth the Raven "Nevermore"

Raven would rather ask questions that may never be answered, then accept answers which must never be questioned.

IP Logged

stryder
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Dec 31st, 2014 at 5:54pm

Raven wrote on Dec 31st, 2014 at 4:26pm:

Maybe that particular Jedi/Sith is Luke Skywalker. He had a nasty accident on Bespin when his hand was removed. Perhaps the new hilt is designed to prevent that occurring again.

Many non cannon star wars comics and books had stories about Luke skywalker eventually turning to the dark side of force.

Whether JJ Abrams will take the character of Luke skywalker in that direction will be interesting to see.

IP Logged

stryder
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Apr 18th, 2015 at 5:27pm

Second teaser

Wonderful trailer, gave me goosebumps feeling that old school star wars.

IP Logged

silverado6x6

Australian Politics

Christies Beach SA
Reply #11 - Apr 18th, 2015 at 6:34pm

As far as the different lightsaber its common knowledge that they are hoping there will be a huge demand for a toy version from china that lights up the same, make about 50 million of them, again the same for the droids and the x wings, its all about marketing and collectibles.

Years ago i spent good money on light saber replicas, real metal ones identical to the movie props.

I can just imagine what the stores will have on the shelves come before christmas.

IP Logged

stryder
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Apr 18th, 2015 at 6:41pm

silverado6x6 wrote on Apr 18th, 2015 at 6:34pm:
As far as the different lightsaber its common knowledge that they are hoping there will be a huge demand for a toy version from china that lights up the same, make about 50 million of them, again the same for the droids and the x wings, its all about marketing and collectibles.

Years ago i spent good money on light saber replicas, real metal ones identical to the movie props.

I can just imagine what the stores will have on the shelves come before christmas.

Star wars toy mechandise is big business, I havent own anything star wars ever since i was kid, and i remember my collection of those hard plastic star wars figures from back then.
« Last Edit: Apr 18th, 2015 at 7:07pm by stryder »  

IP Logged

greggerypeccary

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Apr 30th, 2015 at 6:25pm

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print