Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Life In The Post Fossil Energy Era (Read 2251 times)
Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Re: Life In The Post Fossil Energy Era
Reply #15 - Nov 23rd, 2014 at 5:24pm

Swagman wrote on Nov 23rd, 2014 at 3:12pm:
Quote:
"My question to the short-sighted is, do you really think we could survive without mining?

"Survive" is the wrong word.  'Prosper' would be more apt.

Answer Rhinehart's question Greeny?

Wouldn't changing words make it your question? Gina used the word survive, we shouldn't put words in her mouth should we?

IP Logged

Swagman
Gold Member

Beware of cheap imitations......

Illawarra NSW
Reply #16 - Nov 23rd, 2014 at 5:30pm

Setanta wrote on Nov 23rd, 2014 at 5:24pm:
Quote:
"My question to the short-sighted is, do you really think we could survive without mining?

Wouldn't changing words make it your question? Gina used the word survive, we shouldn't put words in her mouth should we?

Good spin Sultana....but her question is still her question

IP Logged

____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #17 - Nov 23rd, 2014 at 5:31pm

Swagman wrote on Nov 23rd, 2014 at 5:15pm:
____ wrote on Nov 23rd, 2014 at 4:43pm:
Quote:

Food

Education

Science

How about preparing Australia for the robotic manufacturing age.

Or have Australia lead in the space age era of exploration.

There is so much more to life than poxing the countryside and killing the environment and pretending there is nothing past this addiction.

How do you Lefties expect to do that?  Are you going to wave a magic bong?   Grin

Yeah

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Nov 23rd, 2014 at 5:39pm

____ wrote on Nov 23rd, 2014 at 5:14pm:
Baronvonrort wrote on Nov 23rd, 2014 at 5:02pm:
____ wrote on Nov 23rd, 2014 at 1:25pm:
To be pro a sustainable post fossil fuel economy isn't anti development.

And as for vital, I would suggest agriculture would be more vital. Without it Gina would shrink away to skin and bones.

We don't have any viable alternatives to fossil fuel at present, the Greenswine must be giving his crack pipe a good workout.

Of course the Greens want us to go back to horse and buggy along with square riggers for shipping and forget about flying that uses fossil fuel.

Planes cannot run on renewable energy, the large ships that move cargo use fossil fuel.
Trucks need fossil fuel, cars might be ok with electric if they can accept crappy range.

The Greens hate the Farmers as well, the burden of compliance with Kyoto was shifted onto farmers and nobody else.
The greens want to take semi auto firearms from farmers who along with professional shooters are the only ones allowed to have them.

The Greens are all hat and no cattle.

10 billion people soon on the planet along with peak soil, peak water, peak fertiliser and unpredictable weather due to human caused climate change. Top dollar is available for quality and reliable food production exports.

We have got a great option for replacing our addiction to fossil fuel revenue.

Greens are the best friends of regional and rural Australia.

Say No To Lib + gNat's Fracking

neither soon nor ever.  population growth is stalling and wont even reach 8B.

fracking rules!  you could of course get the facts on it by going to a professional course.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #19 - Nov 23rd, 2014 at 6:00pm

longweekend58 wrote on Nov 23rd, 2014 at 5:39pm:
____ wrote on Nov 23rd, 2014 at 5:14pm:
Baronvonrort wrote on Nov 23rd, 2014 at 5:02pm:

And as for vital, I would suggest agriculture would be more vital. Without it Gina would shrink away to skin and bones.

We don't have any viable alternatives to fossil fuel at present, the Greenswine must be giving his crack pipe a good workout.

Of course the Greens want us to go back to horse and buggy along with square riggers for shipping and forget about flying that uses fossil fuel.

Planes cannot run on renewable energy, the large ships that move cargo use fossil fuel.
Trucks need fossil fuel, cars might be ok with electric if they can accept crappy range.

The Greens hate the Farmers as well, the burden of compliance with Kyoto was shifted onto farmers and nobody else.
The greens want to take semi auto firearms from farmers who along with professional shooters are the only ones allowed to have them.

The Greens are all hat and no cattle.

10 billion people soon on the planet along with peak soil, peak water, peak fertiliser and unpredictable weather due to human caused climate change. Top dollar is available for quality and reliable food production exports.

We have got a great option for replacing our addiction to fossil fuel revenue.

Greens are the best friends of regional and rural Australia.

Say No To Lib + gNat's Fracking

neither soon nor ever.  population growth is stalling and wont even reach 8B.

fracking rules!  you could of course get the facts on it by going to a professional course.

The architects were inspired by the World Bank prediction that the world population will grow to almost 10 billion in the next four decades. By 2050, the global demand for food is expected to be 60-70 percent higher than today. Scarcity of water and cultivable land are the main obstacles to meet the quantitative and qualitative shifts of the world’s demand. Agriculture is the human activity that relies most on the existing water resources, say the architects.

http://www.maritime-executive.com/article/Floating-Greenhouse-uses-Solar-Power-a...

Meanwhile fracking is a major risk to our fresh water resource.

Don't risk our future for the short term profits of foreign multinationals.

IP Logged

perceptions_now
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth  WA
Reply #20 - Nov 23rd, 2014 at 8:23pm

longweekend58 wrote on Nov 23rd, 2014 at 3:14pm:
perceptions_now wrote on Nov 23rd, 2014 at 3:03pm:
Scrap all regulations for small businesses, mining magnate Gina Rinehart urges

www.abc.net.au/news/2014-11-23/scrap-all-regulations-on-small-businesses-rinehar...

Ms Rinehart attacked anti-mining activists and those who opposed development.

"If they are honest, the answer is no," she told the crowd, which included Federal Agriculture Minister Barnaby Joyce and NT Chief Minister Adam Giles.

"I doubt we have ever seen so much misinformation and negativity towards Australia's most vital industries and when they can't win on facts, they get personal," she said.

Ms Rinehart has been in the media recently because of the efforts by her children to have billions of dollars paid to them that they claim they were denied because she allegedly transferred mining interests out of a family trust.

She also told those in the audience to contact the Government, the media, radio talkback and to send letters to newspapers to speak up against the anti-development message.

Mixed message by Gina.

Let's face it, Gina seems "pre-disposed" to acting in "her best interests", not in the overall best interests & that seems to include not acting in the best interests of her own children & not acting as per her fathers instructions!

As for "Life In The Post Fossil Energy Era", I suggest we make plans quickly, because we are now entering that era!

peak oil right???  that utterly fraudulent concept now being mocked by the increasing glut of oil on the world market as USA and Canada joins the ranks of oil EXPORTERS.  even Australia has resources we could exploit to make us exporters except there are already too many exporters!

must suck to be so depresses, so wrong and be both so often.

Still taking your Hopium, Longy!

IP Logged

perceptions_now
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth  WA
Reply #21 - Nov 23rd, 2014 at 8:32pm

longweekend58 wrote on Nov 23rd, 2014 at 3:30pm:
perceptions_now wrote on Nov 23rd, 2014 at 3:26pm:
Quote:

Well Swagy, we won't be "without mining", But mining will cease being the huge Economic positive that it has been over the last 50 years.

So, I suppose we will find out just what we are missing, as Mining is set to Decline over the next few decades, at least.

As I have said previously, everything has its limitations!

your history needs revision.  mining wasn't a massive part of our economy until relatively recently.

Longy,
It's good to see, you still have Absolutely No Idea!
Mining, has been a substantial part of the OZ Economy for quite some time.
In fact, in various forms, going back to earlier settlement days, as the Gold Rush & various other formats!

But, you have "your beliefs", as usual!   

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #22 - Nov 23rd, 2014 at 9:06pm

Quote:

Who's 'prospering' out of some mythical 'mining boom' right now?

The world price for iron ore is $83 - the 'break even' point is $87... what exactly 'mining boom' are we talking about?

Where is this magical 'boom' in mining?  It has been closing down for a year or more now, and is set to collapse.

It is obvious that Gina is an idiot with no idea whatsoever about anything - the one thing her father didn't teach her was to STFU and let smarter people do the talking.

I hope she goes broke and starts to learn some sense for a change.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Nov 23rd, 2014 at 9:10pm

Let's set this oil bullshit to rest... here ya go:-

http://www.eia.gov/countries/index.cfm?topL=exp

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Nov 23rd, 2014 at 9:14pm

Sorry to piss all over your multiple parades here - but I've been warning yez all - with links - for a very long time - that the world's oil reserves etc are running dry and you will be facing a brave new world of no easy access to easy energy - unless you do something about it NOW.

I give you facts - $83/87 of ore - world exporting of oil....

You all want to argue about self and other rubbish....

― John Adams

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Nov 23rd, 2014 at 10:33pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Nov 23rd, 2014 at 9:10pm:

the data is 2 years old.  since then Canada and USA have massively increased production due to new technologies.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #26 - Nov 23rd, 2014 at 10:49pm

Swagman wrote on Nov 23rd, 2014 at 5:30pm:
Setanta wrote on Nov 23rd, 2014 at 5:24pm:
Quote:

Good spin Sultana....but her question is still her question

Her question is whether Australia would survive without mining. Undoubtedly the answer is yes. It has done since the beginning of time. Her excess weight shall be lightened to dust as will ours, Australia will go on.

IP Logged

perceptions_now
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth  WA
Reply #27 - Nov 24th, 2014 at 12:07am

longweekend58 wrote on Nov 23rd, 2014 at 10:33pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Nov 23rd, 2014 at 9:10pm:

the data is 2 years old.  since then Canada and USA have massively increased production due to new technologies. 

Well, the US has certainly had significant increases, due to "New Oil Sources, such as Shale/Fracking, But that has the significant downside in that it is likely to be very short lived!

These new sources have an enormous depletion rate & so there is a huge requirement for massive amounts of new wells, which means that the Cost is quite high for these new sources and with the Price of Oil going into a significant Decline, it is likely many of these new sources may be abandoned over the next few years!   

And, if we revert back to the standard old sources, they actually already Peaked Globally around 2005, with Australia having Peaked around 2000.

In any event, with Global Demand likely to continue to Decline for some time, I would suggest that $60 a barrel is likely over the next few years and that should put most of the "new sources" out of business and in that case, we will experience Life In The Post Fossil Energy Era!

IP Logged

Swagman
Gold Member

Beware of cheap imitations......

Illawarra NSW
Reply #28 - Nov 24th, 2014 at 9:08am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Nov 23rd, 2014 at 9:06pm:
Quote:

Who's 'prospering' out of some mythical 'mining boom' right now?

Go back and account for all the tax revenues received from mining over the last 10 years or so.....and the income tax paid by mine employees and tax paid by indirect businesses and their employees.... Huh

IP Logged

Fit of Absent Mindeness
Gold Member

We need more fits of absent
mindedness

Brisbane
Reply #29 - Nov 24th, 2014 at 10:58am

Gina will do what is best for her.

Lets stop giving the mining industry money so it can stand on it's own 2 feet.

Putting the n in cuts

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print