Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Life In The Post Fossil Energy Era (Read 2250 times)
____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Life In The Post Fossil Energy Era
Nov 23rd, 2014 at 1:25pm

Scrap all regulations for small businesses, mining magnate Gina Rinehart urges

www.abc.net.au/news/2014-11-23/scrap-all-regulations-on-small-businesses-rinehar...

Ms Rinehart attacked anti-mining activists and those who opposed development.

"My question to the short-sighted is, do you really think we could survive without mining?

"If they are honest, the answer is no," she told the crowd, which included Federal Agriculture Minister Barnaby Joyce and NT Chief Minister Adam Giles.

"I doubt we have ever seen so much misinformation and negativity towards Australia's most vital industries and when they can't win on facts, they get personal," she said.

Ms Rinehart has been in the media recently because of the efforts by her children to have billions of dollars paid to them that they claim they were denied because she allegedly transferred mining interests out of a family trust.

She also told those in the audience to contact the Government, the media, radio talkback and to send letters to newspapers to speak up against the anti-development message.

Mixed message by Gina.

To be pro a sustainable post fossil fuel economy isn't anti development.

And as for vital, I would suggest agriculture would be more vital. Without it Gina would shrink away to skin and bones.

IP Logged

perceptions_now
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth  WA
Re: Life In The Post Fossil Energy Era
Reply #1 - Nov 23rd, 2014 at 3:03pm

____ wrote on Nov 23rd, 2014 at 1:25pm:

www.abc.net.au/news/2014-11-23/scrap-all-regulations-on-small-businesses-rinehar...

"My question to the short-sighted is, do you really think we could survive without mining?

"If they are honest, the answer is no," she told the crowd, which included Federal Agriculture Minister Barnaby Joyce and NT Chief Minister Adam Giles.

"I doubt we have ever seen so much misinformation and negativity towards Australia's most vital industries and when they can't win on facts, they get personal," she said.

Ms Rinehart has been in the media recently because of the efforts by her children to have billions of dollars paid to them that they claim they were denied because she allegedly transferred mining interests out of a family trust.

She also told those in the audience to contact the Government, the media, radio talkback and to send letters to newspapers to speak up against the anti-development message.

Mixed message by Gina.

And as for vital, I would suggest agriculture would be more vital. Without it Gina would shrink away to skin and bones.

Let's face it, Gina seems "pre-disposed" to acting in "her best interests", not in the overall best interests & that seems to include not acting in the best interests of her own children & not acting as per her fathers instructions!

As for "Life In The Post Fossil Energy Era", I suggest we make plans quickly, because we are now entering that era!

IP Logged

Swagman
Gold Member

Beware of cheap imitations......

Illawarra NSW
Reply #2 - Nov 23rd, 2014 at 3:12pm

Quote:

"Survive" is the wrong word.  'Prosper' would be more apt.

Answer Rhinehart's question Greeny?

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Nov 23rd, 2014 at 3:14pm

perceptions_now wrote on Nov 23rd, 2014 at 3:03pm:

Mixed message by Gina.

Let's face it, Gina seems "pre-disposed" to acting in "her best interests", not in the overall best interests & that seems to include not acting in the best interests of her own children & not acting as per her fathers instructions!

As for "Life In The Post Fossil Energy Era", I suggest we make plans quickly, because we are now entering that era!

peak oil right???  that utterly fraudulent concept now being mocked by the increasing glut of oil on the world market as USA and Canada joins the ranks of oil EXPORTERS.  even Australia has resources we could exploit to make us exporters except there are already too many exporters!

must suck to be so depresses, so wrong and be both so often.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Nov 23rd, 2014 at 3:16pm

Rinehart might not be the nicest person around and SO, SO UGLY, but that doesn't make her wrong.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

perceptions_now
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth  WA
Reply #5 - Nov 23rd, 2014 at 3:26pm

Swagman wrote on Nov 23rd, 2014 at 3:12pm:
Quote:

Well Swagy, we won't be "without mining", But mining will cease being the huge Economic positive that it has been over the last 50 years.

So, I suppose we will find out just what we are missing, as Mining is set to Decline over the next few decades, at least.

As I have said previously, everything has its limitations!

IP Logged

perceptions_now
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth  WA
Reply #6 - Nov 23rd, 2014 at 3:27pm

longweekend58 wrote on Nov 23rd, 2014 at 3:14pm:

Mixed message by Gina.

peak oil right???  that utterly fraudulent concept now being mocked by the increasing glut of oil on the world market as USA and Canada joins the ranks of oil EXPORTERS.  even Australia has resources we could exploit to make us exporters except there are already too many exporters!

Ah Longy, still the harbinger of "your own beliefs", irrespective of Reality!

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Nov 23rd, 2014 at 3:30pm

perceptions_now wrote on Nov 23rd, 2014 at 3:26pm:
Quote:

Well Swagy, we won't be "without mining", But mining will cease being the huge Economic positive that it has been over the last 50 years.

So, I suppose we will find out just what we are missing, as Mining is set to Decline over the next few decades, at least.

As I have said previously, everything has its limitations!

your history needs revision.  mining wasn't a massive part of our economy until relatively recently.

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Nov 23rd, 2014 at 3:32pm

perceptions_now wrote on Nov 23rd, 2014 at 3:27pm:

Mixed message by Gina.

ah reality...  like USA and CANADA as oil exporters??? hows that fit into your peak oil failure?  or the recent discovery of a large than saudi oil field in the ocean near Russia and USA??

IP Logged

____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #9 - Nov 23rd, 2014 at 4:43pm

Quote:

Food

Education

Science

How about preparing Australia for the robotic manufacturing age.

Or have Australia lead in the space age era of exploration.

There is so much more to life than poxing the countryside and killing the environment and pretending there is nothing past this addiction.

IP Logged

____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #10 - Nov 23rd, 2014 at 4:44pm

longweekend58 wrote on Nov 23rd, 2014 at 3:16pm:
Rinehart might not be the nicest person around and SO, SO UGLY, but that doesn't make her wrong.

Doesn't mean she is correct either.
Any by trying to mingle a whole lot of unconnected issues into one, just reinforces this.

IP Logged

____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #11 - Nov 23rd, 2014 at 4:46pm

longweekend58 wrote on Nov 23rd, 2014 at 3:32pm:
perceptions_now wrote on Nov 23rd, 2014 at 3:27pm:

Mixed message by Gina.

ah reality...  like USA and CANADA as oil exporters??? hows that fit into your peak oil failure?  or the recent discovery of a large than saudi oil field in the ocean near Russia and USA??

Peak oil is in relation to extracting the resource at a higher and higher cost, so crippling economies still reliant.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Nov 23rd, 2014 at 5:02pm

We don't have any viable alternatives to fossil fuel at present, the Greenswine must be giving his crack pipe a good workout.

Of course the Greens want us to go back to horse and buggy along with square riggers for shipping and forget about flying that uses fossil fuel.

Planes cannot run on renewable energy, the large ships that move cargo use fossil fuel.
Trucks need fossil fuel, cars might be ok with electric if they can accept crappy range.

The Greens hate the Farmers as well, the burden of compliance with Kyoto was shifted onto farmers and nobody else.
The greens want to take semi auto firearms from farmers who along with professional shooters are the only ones allowed to have them.

The Greens are all hat and no cattle.

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #13 - Nov 23rd, 2014 at 5:14pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Nov 23rd, 2014 at 5:02pm:

We don't have any viable alternatives to fossil fuel at present, the Greenswine must be giving his crack pipe a good workout.

Of course the Greens want us to go back to horse and buggy along with square riggers for shipping and forget about flying that uses fossil fuel.

Planes cannot run on renewable energy, the large ships that move cargo use fossil fuel.
Trucks need fossil fuel, cars might be ok with electric if they can accept crappy range.

The Greens hate the Farmers as well, the burden of compliance with Kyoto was shifted onto farmers and nobody else.
The greens want to take semi auto firearms from farmers who along with professional shooters are the only ones allowed to have them.

The Greens are all hat and no cattle.

10 billion people soon on the planet along with peak soil, peak water, peak fertiliser and unpredictable weather due to human caused climate change. Top dollar is available for quality and reliable food production exports.

We have got a great option for replacing our addiction to fossil fuel revenue.

Greens are the best friends of regional and rural Australia.

Say No To Lib + gNat's Fracking

IP Logged

Swagman
Gold Member

Beware of cheap imitations......

Illawarra NSW
Reply #14 - Nov 23rd, 2014 at 5:15pm

____ wrote on Nov 23rd, 2014 at 4:43pm:
Quote:

Food

Education

Science

How about preparing Australia for the robotic manufacturing age.

Or have Australia lead in the space age era of exploration.

There is so much more to life than poxing the countryside and killing the environment and pretending there is nothing past this addiction.

How do you Lefties expect to do that?  Are you going to wave a magic bong?   Grin

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print