Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 9
Send Topic Print
Kenya: terrorists kill non-muslim bus passengers (Read 7011 times)
polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Kenya: terrorists kill non-muslim bus passengers
Nov 23rd, 2014 at 7:29am

Quote:
Gunmen have seized a bus in north-eastern Kenya near the Somali border and executed 28 non-Muslim passengers, police say.

Nineteen men and nine women were shot in the dirt after passengers were ordered to step out of the bus if they were identified as non-Muslim.

Somalia's Al Shabaab Islamic extremist group, which carried out the September 2013 attack on Nairobi's Westgate shopping mall that killed at least 67 people, claimed responsibility.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-11-22/gunmen-kill-28-in-north-east-kenya-bus-att...

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Rocketanski
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Kenya: terrorists kill non-muslim bus passengers
Reply #1 - Nov 23rd, 2014 at 7:46am

I blame... hang on, who do we blame?

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Nov 23rd, 2014 at 7:57am

Rocketanski wrote on Nov 23rd, 2014 at 7:46am:
I blame... hang on, who do we blame?

The terrorists.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #3 - Nov 23rd, 2014 at 8:33am

You can't blame the terrorists. They were probably disaffected as children.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Nov 23rd, 2014 at 8:34am

freediver wrote on Nov 23rd, 2014 at 8:33am:
You can't blame the terrorists. They were probably disaffected as children.

They're adults now.

I blame the terrorists.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #5 - Nov 23rd, 2014 at 8:43am

I see. Perhaps they were disaffected as adults. Think about that before you are so quick to reveal your bigotry.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Nov 23rd, 2014 at 8:46am

freediver wrote on Nov 23rd, 2014 at 8:43am:
I see. Perhaps they were disaffected as adults. Think about that before you are so quick to reveal your bigotry.

Disaffection doesn't absolve one from blame.

I blame the terrorists.

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #7 - Nov 23rd, 2014 at 10:32am

Islam has nuffin' to do wiv nuffin'.

It's the ever-active, ever-expanding lone wolf, tiny minority community, as always.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #8 - Nov 23rd, 2014 at 10:59am

Quote:
Gunmen have seized a bus in north-eastern Kenya near the Somali border and executed 28 non-Muslim passengers, police say.

Nineteen men and nine women were shot in the dirt after passengers were ordered to step out of the bus if they were identified as non-Muslim.

Somalia's Al Shabaab Islamic extremist group, which carried out the September 2013 attack on Nairobi's Westgate shopping mall that killed at least 67 people, claimed responsibility.

"I can confirm ... that 28 innocent travellers were brutally executed by the Shebab," regional police chief Noah Mwavinda said, referring to the Somali militant group.

A witness to the ambush, who asked not to be identified, said the attackers entered the bus and greeted passengers before trying to identify Muslims and non-Muslims.

Ahmed Mahat, one of the passengers on the bus, said everyone was forced to recite verses from the Koran.

"People were told to stand in two lines, comparing people who were of Somali origin and others who were non-Somali," he said.

"They were asking them to recite verses of the Koran and those who failed to recite the verses were shot."

Sixty people were on the bus, which was heading toward Nairobi, the ministry of the interior said in a tweet.

Kenyan Red Cross secretary-general Abbas Gullet said the families of the victims would now have to identify the bodies.

"The bodies have now been retrieved and brought to Mandera town by Kenyan police and they have been taken to the military base in Mandera," he said.

"They're now being prepared as the government will fly them back to Nairobi where they will be put in a mortuary before they'll be identified by their loved ones and family members."

Abdikadir Mohammed, a senior adviser to the Kenyan president, said the slaughter was intended to create a religious war in the country and called on Kenyans of all faiths to stand together.

"The aim is to create a conflict between the Muslims and the non-Muslims in this country ... the aim is to create a religious war," he said.

"We have had Muslim leaders come out today to condemn these (attacks) and call on Kenyans of all faiths and creeds to come together against these heinous crimes and criminals."

A spokesman for Al Shabaab said the attack "which resulted in the perishing of 28 crusaders" was in revenge for raids Kenyan security forces carried out over the past week on mosques in the port city of Mombasa.

Those raids saw one person shot dead and more than 350 arrested. Security forces were searching for weapons and Al Shabaab supporters.

Kenya's inspector general of police, David Kimaiyo, said the attackers fled towards the border between Kenya and Somalia.

"I have already ordered for a combined security team to be able to carry out a major operation and a crackdown of the attackers," he said.

"I want to assure the people and the residents of Mandera that security will be enhanced and that more officers will be deployed in that particular area."

Kenya has suffered a series of attacks since invading Somalia in 2011 to attack Al Shabaab, later joining an African Union force battling the Islamists.

The militant group said the Westgate mall attack was a warning to Kenya to pull its troops out of southern Somalia.

During the Westgate attack, the gunmen weeded out non-Muslims for execution by demanding they recite the Shahada, the Muslim profession of faith.

ABC/AFP

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-11-22/gunmen-kill-28-in-north-east-kenya-bus-att...

Muslims murdering again.

I hate islam

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Nov 23rd, 2014 at 12:14pm

Soren wrote on Nov 23rd, 2014 at 10:32am:
Islam has nuffin' to do wiv nuffin'.

That's a silly thing to say.

Terrorist apologist?

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Nov 23rd, 2014 at 12:36pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Nov 23rd, 2014 at 10:59am:
Muslims murdering again.

I hate islam

Terrorists are killing innocent people, once again, and you're concerned about an abstract set of ideas and values.

My loathing is directed towards the terrorists: the humans carrying out the crimes.

Why do you only condemn an abstract set of beliefs, and not the people committing the murders?  Terrorist apologist?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #11 - Nov 23rd, 2014 at 1:35pm

He referred to both Islam and Muslims.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Nov 23rd, 2014 at 2:14pm

freediver wrote on Nov 23rd, 2014 at 1:35pm:
He referred to both Islam and Muslims.

Not terrorists, though.

He hates Muslims and Islam, but isn't too concerned about terrorists.

Terrorist apologist?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #13 - Nov 23rd, 2014 at 2:38pm

putting 'terrorist' alongside 'muslim' or 'islamic' is obviously redundant Greg.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Nov 23rd, 2014 at 2:48pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Nov 23rd, 2014 at 2:38pm:
putting 'terrorist' alongside 'muslim' or 'islamic' is obviously redundant Greg.

I can think of a few redundant things in this forum.

You're right though: their Islamophobia completely destroys their ability to think rationally - about anything.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 9
Send Topic Print