Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 16
Send Topic Print
Anti-Halal extremists (Read 23858 times)
greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Anti-Halal extremists
Reply #90 - Nov 23rd, 2014 at 9:33pm

Soren wrote on Nov 23rd, 2014 at 7:58pm:

Is it any surprise that Sore End idolises this clown?

Grin

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #91 - Nov 23rd, 2014 at 9:39pm

Quote:
So there is no data to support your platform that halal certification pushes price up?

Oh that. That is economics. Or just plain old common sense. The government charges a business a fee for doing business. That fee gets passed onto customers. Prices go up. Is there anything in particular you disagree with here? Perhaps you'd like to hire a forensic accountant to prove the bleeding obvious?

Quote:
Truth is now a phobia.

It always has been and always will be, about race, apparently.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Stratos
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #92 - Nov 23rd, 2014 at 10:15pm

freediver wrote on Nov 23rd, 2014 at 9:39pm:
Oh that. That is economics. Or just plain old common sense. The government charges a business a fee for doing business. That fee gets passed onto customers. Prices go up. Is there anything in particular you disagree with here? Perhaps you'd like to hire a forensic accountant to prove the bleeding obvious?

Common sense tells me not to blindly accept any claim made by anyone, but to base what I know on evidence.

Someone could suggest  that the new increased market share they get from selling halal products would be greater than the cost of certification.  Doesn't make it true however, as I have not seen any evidence to support it.

If this is really effecting prices then surely there is evidence of it.

Pete Waldo wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 11:24pm:
Thus killing those Canaanite babies while they were still innocent, was a particularly merciful act

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #93 - Nov 23rd, 2014 at 10:34pm

freediver wrote on Nov 23rd, 2014 at 8:11pm:
It's not "data".

no schit  Grin Grin

No gandalf it is pretty basic first year economics. I know you like to pass this interference by foreign governments in our economy off as market forces at work, but the reality is that it is extortion and a barrier to trade. This has been explained to you before.

umm we're talking about the domestic chicken market - not packaged beef exported to Indonesia. Please stay on topic. Before we go any further, please provide evidence that a) Baida (owner of Steggles) are being charged "extortion" halal certification fees and b) the fees are being passed on to the consumer - as you claimed. Lame references to economic theory doesn't cut it.

Read what it says: which are more than compensated for by the additional market that can be serviced. This is assuming a non-open market to begin with. Obviously compared to an open market it is more expensive.

Grin I just hope you use the same logic to argue why companies adopting gluten-free labeling or heart foundation labeling drives up the price of - everything.

A chocolate manufacturer does not pay the same extortionist fees that an abattoir does.

You don't have a damn clue what fees domestic chicken factories pay - again we are not talking about Beef exports to Indonesia.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #94 - Nov 24th, 2014 at 12:02am

Adamant wrote on Nov 23rd, 2014 at 7:27pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Nov 23rd, 2014 at 6:55pm:
Adamant, you're yet to provide any evidence of Halal certification in Australia being linked to Terrorism funding here or overseas.

Are you all right Brian?

Perfectly fine, Adamant.

You presented any evidence yet?  No, it doesn't seem so. How unsurprising.    Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Adamant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Brisbane
Reply #95 - Nov 24th, 2014 at 3:51pm

Brian Ross wrote on Nov 24th, 2014 at 12:02am:
Adamant, you're yet to provide any evidence of Halal certification in Australia being linked to Terrorism funding here or overseas.

Are you all right Brian?

Perfectly fine, Adamant.

You presented any evidence yet?  No, it doesn't seem so. How unsurprising.    Roll Eyes

If you are "Perfectly fine" when do you intend to answer my questions. They were asked first after all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If they are too hard, just say so, no one will think the better of you, whatever the answer!

In real life Gandalf is known as Mr 10%

IP Logged

Stratos
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #96 - Nov 24th, 2014 at 4:25pm

Adamant, the burden of proof is on the person making the claim.

Thus killing those Canaanite babies while they were still innocent, was a particularly merciful act

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #97 - Nov 24th, 2014 at 4:48pm

Not here its not Stratos.

You obviously haven't been here long enough

Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Adamant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Brisbane
Reply #98 - Nov 24th, 2014 at 5:33pm

Stratos wrote on Nov 24th, 2014 at 4:25pm:
Adamant, the burden of proof is on the person making the claim.

He made the "claim" why is unable to prove it?

I stated>

You have a very simplistic view on life Brian. Your viewpoint appears to be 1984 style, Muslims good, everything else bad.

Halal certification has long been linked to terror funding along with zakat\remittances.

Do you think we should be made to fund terrorism, muslim Brian.

Its time he fessed up!

After his long winded obfuscation on the matter I asked>

You made the claim Prove it Brian!

Brian Ross wrote Yesterday at 6:20pm:

Only Islamophobes seem to get their knickers in a twist over the issue.  Funny that. 

Funny how you are allowed to make outrageous assumptions based on your muslim belief syndrome.

How about this as a truth.

I do not wish my food to be blessed by a Jew or a Muslim. I do not wish my food to be increased in price because of some despotic religion based on the beheading of non muslims, nor do I accept that a non Government entity has the right to impose a tax on companies (that is extortion).

I want ALL people that believe in Kosher/Halal to pay for ALL the COST of compliance.

What do you reckon muslim Brian.

He is unable to answer a question Stratos, he hides behind his ignorance, it is his shield, his dummy, he is so insular in his beliefs, comprehending facts is an untenable thought.

Why do I have to pander to his questions, but he refuses to log mine in?

Answer. He is ignorant.

Perhaps that is why his wife left him? ( He stated it)

Don't get your sock puppets out next time Brian, just answer the questions.

In real life Gandalf is known as Mr 10%

IP Logged

Stratos
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #99 - Nov 24th, 2014 at 5:50pm

Adamant wrote on Nov 24th, 2014 at 5:33pm:
Halal certification has long been linked to terror funding along with zakat\remittances.

This is claim.

Now verify it.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #100 - Nov 24th, 2014 at 6:19pm

Adamant wrote on Nov 24th, 2014 at 3:51pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Nov 24th, 2014 at 12:02am:

Are you all right Brian?

Perfectly fine, Adamant.

If you are "Perfectly fine" when do you intend to answer my questions. They were asked first after all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If they are too hard, just say so, no one will think the better of you, whatever the answer!

Ask them politely and I may consider answering them, Adamant.  At the moment, you're in the naughty corner, soon to be outside on the naughty step with DL.    Grin

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #101 - Nov 24th, 2014 at 6:22pm

Stratos wrote on Nov 24th, 2014 at 5:50pm:
Adamant wrote on Nov 24th, 2014 at 5:33pm:

This is claim.

Now verify it.

Adamant has already stated that his source is George Christensen - who has admitted himself that he has no evidence for any link. He just dishonestly implied that there was because he can't prove that there isn't a link.

Quote:

IP Logged

rabbitoh08
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #102 - Nov 24th, 2014 at 6:46pm

Soren wrote on Nov 21st, 2014 at 8:36am:
Brian Ross wrote on Nov 21st, 2014 at 12:04am:

How is boycotting halal different from boycotting, say, fur, factory farming, bear baiting or sweat shop products?

Because people who boycott fur, factory farming, bear baiting or sweat shop products do so based on concern for animal welfare or human welfare.

People who want to boycott halal yoghurt - the production of which does not harm animals or people - are simply narrow-minded bigots.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #103 - Nov 24th, 2014 at 7:44pm

Rabbit is it inconceivable to you that someone might have a perfectly good reason for boycotting halal?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Stratos
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #104 - Nov 24th, 2014 at 7:51pm

freediver wrote on Nov 24th, 2014 at 7:44pm:
Rabbit is it inconceivable to you that someone might have a perfectly good reason for boycotting halal?

Freediver, did you find any data about the effect of halal certification on consumer prices?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 16
Send Topic Print