Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9
Send Topic Print
Commission says Gillard 'committed no crime' (Read 4326 times)
Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Re: Commission says Gillard 'committed no crime'
Reply #60 - Oct 31st, 2014 at 10:10pm

John Smith wrote on Oct 31st, 2014 at 9:09pm:
Andrei.Hicks wrote on Oct 31st, 2014 at 8:45pm:
Its time wrote on Oct 31st, 2014 at 8:40pm:
Andrei.Hicks wrote on Oct 31st, 2014 at 8:37pm:
Its time wrote on Oct 31st, 2014 at 8:28pm:
Andrei.Hicks wrote on Oct 31st, 2014 at 8:23pm:
Its time wrote on Oct 31st, 2014 at 8:21pm:
Andrei.Hicks wrote on Oct 31st, 2014 at 8:16pm:
You'll find it was Gillard defeated.

She ran in one election - led her party to be the first to lose a majority after one term in over 80 years, then was sacked by her own party before she could run them to defeat in the next election.

All the time posting huge opinion poll losses and running up the country's debt by some 335% from when the ALP took over.

Not exactly a stunning CV.

Yet she was picked up straight away by Obama's think tank team, must've had something to offer, old Costello and Howard still waiting for their calls  Cheesy keep having a lil cry  Cry

And isn't she doing a FINE job.
Have you seen the losses being predicted for the Democrats which the Congressmen are laying at the door of the unpopularity of the President and his stupid Healthcare programme??

Wherever she goes - defeat surely follows.  Smiley

What's stupid about it? Giving those who are less fortunate or have pre -existing medical conditions some treatment and hope for the future , how low can someone go.

Taking a random example - and there are many - Senator Landrieu in Louisiana is about to be bounced on her ass in the election.
The recent poll taken for the majority of voters intending to vote against her was Obamacare.

She stated in 2013 in Congress "If the people don't like this bill they can unelect us" - well guess what's happening.

Obamacare is unpopular with 70% of the country - and it is driving the result and the popularity of the President.

How you made a connection to Gillard and healthcare without some cerebral meltdown is truly astounding . What a horrible person you're .

Quite easily.
You point out she is superb (despite her abysmal record of losses and defeats on her CV) - that she is picked up by the Obama thinktank.
I am merely pointing out that same thinktank don't see able to remotely read the mood of the American people on major issues - which is why again she will be a party to a widescale defeat.

I spend a lot of time in the United States and this will be a bloodbath for the Democrats and this policy setting of theirs - which you suggest she is a part - should all be sacked.

Obama's health care package was out long before Gillard joined them .... keep trying Andrei  Grin Grin Grin

A think tank is as responsible for adjusting unpopular policy as setting new ones.

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination - Oscar Wilde

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #61 - Oct 31st, 2014 at 10:12pm

Setanta wrote on Oct 31st, 2014 at 10:06pm:
philperth2010 wrote on Oct 31st, 2014 at 10:02pm:
John S wrote on Oct 31st, 2014 at 9:50pm:
Andrei.Hicks wrote on Oct 31st, 2014 at 8:40pm:
I don't engage in personal insulting and I would counsel you not to as well.

How many times have you abuse me over the years calling me dumb, uneducated, stupid, idiot and heaps of other names.

When are you going to answer that PM I sent you about a week ago penis head or haven't you got the guts to answer

I must admit I have never been insulted by Andrei despite disagreeing with him most of the time.....Perhaps you are confusing him with the other Mod who got the sack!!!

Huh Huh Huh

Me either and I often disagree(almost always) with him and tell him so but have never seen him use that kind of terminology. I even called him a girly man tonight and no bite.

Andrei would take that as a compliment.....He gets called that a lot because of the white sheet he often wears over his head!!!

Wink Wink Wink

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #62 - Oct 31st, 2014 at 10:14pm

Andrei.Hicks wrote on Oct 31st, 2014 at 10:10pm:

She ran in one election - led her party to be the first to lose a majority after one term in over 80 years, then was sacked by her own party before she could run them to defeat in the next election.

All the time posting huge opinion poll losses and running up the country's debt by some 335% from when the ALP took over.

Yet she was picked up straight away by Obama's think tank team, must've had something to offer, old Costello and Howard still waiting for their calls  Cheesy keep having a lil cry  Cry

Have you seen the losses being predicted for the Democrats which the Congressmen are laying at the door of the unpopularity of the President and his stupid Healthcare programme??

What's stupid about it? Giving those who are less fortunate or have pre -existing medical conditions some treatment and hope for the future , how low can someone go.

Taking a random example - and there are many - Senator Landrieu in Louisiana is about to be bounced on her ass in the election.
The recent poll taken for the majority of voters intending to vote against her was Obamacare.

She stated in 2013 in Congress "If the people don't like this bill they can unelect us" - well guess what's happening.

Obamacare is unpopular with 70% of the country - and it is driving the result and the popularity of the President.

How you made a connection to Gillard and healthcare without some cerebral meltdown is truly astounding . What a horrible person you're .

Quite easily.
You point out she is superb (despite her abysmal record of losses and defeats on her CV) - that she is picked up by the Obama thinktank.
I am merely pointing out that same thinktank don't see able to remotely read the mood of the American people on major issues - which is why again she will be a party to a widescale defeat.

I spend a lot of time in the United States and this will be a bloodbath for the Democrats and this policy setting of theirs - which you suggest she is a part - should all be sacked.

Obama's health care package was out long before Gillard joined them .... keep trying Andrei  Grin Grin Grin

A think tank is as responsible for adjusting unpopular policy as setting new ones.

So who will be on Abbott's budget think tank.....He will need an army to make that popular???

Huh Huh Huh

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #63 - Oct 31st, 2014 at 10:17pm

matty wrote on Oct 31st, 2014 at 9:31pm:
Why did you neglect to post the part stating that she likely benefitted from Wilson giving her money for the house? Selective attention much??

Very sneaky language there.  You have neglected to say that Counsel Assisting specifically advised the Commission that if she did benefit, she was totally unaware there was any tainted money involved.

I feel dirty now, having responded to your garbage.

IP Logged

Its time
Gold Member

Boot libs out

Reply #64 - Oct 31st, 2014 at 10:20pm

philperth2010 wrote on Oct 31st, 2014 at 10:14pm:

Quite easily.

So who will be on Abbott's budget think tank.....He will need an army to make that popular???

Huh Huh Huh

Heh

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #65 - Oct 31st, 2014 at 10:37pm

the law is not always just.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #66 - Oct 31st, 2014 at 10:49pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Oct 31st, 2014 at 10:37pm:
the law is not always just.

What has a Royal Commission and its antics got to do with Law?  They are about politics!

Sheesh!

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #67 - Oct 31st, 2014 at 11:14pm

Quite easily.

says who? A think tank is responsible for coming up with and discussing ideas ...

its up to the person they report to to decide how to respond tothe information they are given

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #68 - Nov 1st, 2014 at 12:17am

John Smith wrote on Oct 31st, 2014 at 11:14pm:

Quite easily.

says who? A think tank is responsible for coming up with and discussing ideas ...

its up to the person they report to to decide how to respond tothe information they are given

I certainly don't remember voting for them to do what Andrei suggests.

IP Logged

The Heartless Felon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #69 - Nov 1st, 2014 at 6:01am

Life_goes_on wrote on Oct 31st, 2014 at 6:46pm:
How long will it take before someone says it was rigged?

Quote:
An inquiry's been told former prime minister Julia Gillard did not commit any crime in relation to an alleged corrupt slush fund operated by her one-time boyfriend.  The lawyer leading inquiries for the trade unions royal commission has recommended a finding that Ms Gillard did not commit any crime and did not know about alleged criminal activity by her former lover, union boss Bruce Wilson. The recommendation is among the written submissions to the commission by counsel assisting, Jeremy Stoljar SC, published today.

http://www.skynews.com.au/news/top-stories/2014/10/31/commission-says-gillard--c...

So, just for my own amusement, somebody tell me how a recommendation in a submission becomes "Commission says..."

The RC isn't due to hand down its findings until December....

IP Logged

adelcrow
Gold Member

Australian Politics

everywhere
Reply #70 - Nov 1st, 2014 at 6:43am

Apparently there's plenty of money for witch hunts that end in dead ends but no money for aged pensioners and the disabled.

Go the Bunnies

IP Logged

adelcrow
Gold Member

Australian Politics

everywhere
Reply #71 - Nov 1st, 2014 at 7:32am

Oh well....we all know that as soon as Labor get back into power in 2016 that they will do the same thing to the Libs and their backers....yep...Abbott has started the merry go round and taxpayers are going to pay and pay

Go the Bunnies

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #72 - Nov 1st, 2014 at 7:52am

St George of the Garden wrote on Oct 31st, 2014 at 8:01pm:
I am a political tragic is why I remember his name, that and the damage he and his sidekick did to the economy, said damage still going on.

Abbott is just a vandal, will take half a century to undo the damage he is doing.

that's sounds a lot like your claim that the FTTN NBN will cost $300B and every other unbelievably stupid inaccurate things you have written.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #73 - Nov 1st, 2014 at 9:14am

adelcrow wrote on Nov 1st, 2014 at 7:32am:
Oh well....we all know that as soon as Labor get back into power in 2016 that they will do the same thing to the Libs and their backers....yep...Abbott has started the merry go round and taxpayers are going to pay and pay

Traditionally Labor have not acted in this spiteful type of manner - it seems reserved for the conservatives unfortunately. Things like Howard war crimes , Abbott slush fund other various indiscretions or that he may not even be suitable to legally hold office in Australia will all be just let slide.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #74 - Nov 1st, 2014 at 9:18am

JuLiar is innocent - you could never tell a lie:

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9
Send Topic Print