Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 9
Send Topic Print
Nova Peris (sorta) responds to allegations (Read 4383 times)
Armchair_Politician
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Nova Peris (sorta) responds to allegations
Oct 31st, 2014 at 5:29am

SENATOR Nova Peris has failed to address key questions surrounding her involvement in seeking taxpayers’ money to bring former Olympian Ato Boldon to Australia to carry out an extramarital affair. 

In a statement to the Senate on Thursday, Ms Peris claimed email revelations in the NT News this week were part of a family and estate dispute and refrained from explaining all of the sources outside of Athletics Australia that she sought money from to bring Mr Boldon to Australia.

Emails previously published show that amount could be up to $22,000, in part funded by the “indigenous grants mob” and other taxpayer-funded groups.

Ms Peris was employed at the time as a communication officer with the Australian Institute of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Studies and operated as an ambassador with Athletics Australia.

“I categorically reject any wrongdoing,” Ms Peris said.

“I have done nothing wrong. It pains me to have to talk about my private life but the publication of these emails is part of a long-running and very difficult child access and financial estate dispute.”

Ms Peris said she was part of a blackmail attempt and alleged the source of the leaked emails tried to “extract money” from her.

“The release and publication of these emails is an attempt to extract money and embarrass me and my family,” she said.

“I can inform the Senate, the NT News was well aware these emails were part of a long running family dispute ahead of its publication.”

Despite giving Ms Peris more than 24 hours to respond to questions about the use of taxpayers money at no stage did she raise with the NT News any allegations of blackmail prior to publication of the emails.

Nor did she raise any issues regarding a dispute about an estate.

The NT News had been aware for some time Ms Peris was involved in a family dispute, but chose not to publish this fact because it was not in the public interest.

The source of the emails yesterday refuted Ms Peris’ claims that money was ever asked for.

“Nowhere in the letter did I try and extort money,” the source said.

“In no way did I do that.”

Mr Boldon told media on Wednesday that the NT News’ report contained “gross fabrications”.

Ms Peris did not dispute the authenticity of the emails in Parliament.

“I am aware that Mr Boldon has stated that the emails are fake,” she said. “What I can say is that the views attributed to me over the past two days, based on the publication of selected words contained in private emails, which I don’t have, certainly don’t reflect my views. They don’t reflect my values and the evidence of this is the life I have led and continue to lead.”

Ms Peris told Parliament on Thursday she was separated from her husband Daniel Batman at the time of Ato Boldon’s visit and subsequent affair.

“There have been media reports about my role in a trip to Australia by Ato Boldon in April 2010 at the time when I was separated from my ex-husband Daniel Batman who is now deceased,” she said.

Emails already published show Ms Peris was asking Mr Boldon if she should break it to her husband that she would be running away with him for 10 days. Other emails indicate she knew she was carrying out an affair.

In a previously unpublished email, Ms Peris told Mr Boldon on April 20, a day after his 10-day tour: “Dan is moving out this week…We r separating, I don’t care…It’s best for us to do that, he needs to mature and grow, anyway I want to speak with you Ato…I miss you so much.”

Ms Peris told the Senate she had been threatened in a letter dated October 9. The AFP have said they had launched an investigation into leaked emails on October 2.

Ms Peris’ office refused comment yesterday.

In the Senate Ms Peris said she had spoken to Cathy Freeman whom she called “so so dumb” in an email and that the pair’s “friendship remains strong”.

The NT News stands by its original story, which deals with a matter of public importance, namely the use of taxpayer funds.

The emails also revealed Ms Peris’ thoughts about race issues.

In the NT News’ original questions to Ms Peris, it was asked whether she stood by her comment in emails to Mr Boldon that “white people hate black people in this country”.

She failed to address this question with the NT News or in Parliament yesterday.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/senator-nova-peris-responds-to-allegations...

Scott Morrison DID wipe the floor with Bull Shitten!!! Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Armchair_Politician
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Nova Peris (sorta) responds to allegations
Reply #1 - Oct 31st, 2014 at 5:32am

She's done nothing to offer a reason as to why we should believe her version of events, other than to say she didn't do it and that's all she will say on the matter. Yeah, we'll just take YOUR word for it, Nova! She also chose to make her first comments on this under parliamentary privilege, where she is fully protected when lying. She's a liar and a racist as far as I'm concerned, until she proves otherwise and thus far, she's done/said nothing to change our minds from what was in those e-mails she wrote.

Scott Morrison DID wipe the floor with Bull Shitten!!! Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #2 - Oct 31st, 2014 at 6:21am

Armchair_Politician wrote on Oct 31st, 2014 at 5:32am:
She's done nothing to offer a reason as to why we should believe her version of events, other than to say she didn't do it and that's all she will say on the matter. Yeah, we'll just take YOUR word for it, Nova! She also chose to make her first comments on this under parliamentary privilege, where she is fully protected when lying. She's a liar and a racist as far as I'm concerned, until she proves otherwise and thus far, she's done/said nothing to change our minds from what was in those e-mails she wrote.

That's pretty much how I see it.

Under the guise of needing funding for official purposes, there's been a long tradition of Australia's aboriginal leaders putting their hands in the national till for personal reasons.

Aborigines should no more be given free access to government accounts than they should be put in charge of bottle shops.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #3 - Oct 31st, 2014 at 8:57am

Your mate Tony will not even tell us under privilege if he is still a British citizen - you like to hold our illegitimate PM to the same standard ?

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #4 - Oct 31st, 2014 at 9:07am

So now its guilty til proven innocent? Got you

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Oct 31st, 2014 at 9:32am

She's done nothing to offer a reason as to why we should believe her version of events ...

The newspaper has done nothing to offer a reason as to why we should believe their version of events.

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #6 - Oct 31st, 2014 at 9:35am

The fact the NT news was the one publishing this, means the newspapers already starting from negative values

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #7 - Oct 31st, 2014 at 9:37am

She's done nothing to offer a reason as to why we should believe her version of events

They employed an athlete to perform certain duties in relation to youth training and pre games training, he was very well qualified for the job and he fulfilled the tasks as required.

End of story. Her personal life is none of our business.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Oct 31st, 2014 at 9:52am

Dnarever wrote on Oct 31st, 2014 at 9:37am:
She's done nothing to offer a reason as to why we should believe her version of events

They employed an athlete to perform certain duties in relation to youth training and pre games training, he was very well qualified for the job and he fulfilled the tasks as required.

End of story. Her personal life is none of our business.

Yes, but she's an Aboriginal and she's a "lefty".

According to Armpit and cods, that makes her guilty (of anything).

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #9 - Oct 31st, 2014 at 10:03am

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Oct 31st, 2014 at 9:35am:
The fact the NT news was the one publishing this, means the newspapers already starting from negative values

Negative values of Political Correctness?

Negative values at self-censorship when it's a coloured person being exposed for fraud and pilfering?

IP Logged

King FriYAY II
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Oct 31st, 2014 at 10:12am

More time and effort wasted than crap incidents like this are worth.

As far as the personal stuff - gutter journalism.

IP Logged

Stratos
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Oct 31st, 2014 at 10:18am

I'll hear no criticism of the NT News!

Journalism at its peak ladies and gentlemen. 

Pete Waldo wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 11:24pm:
Thus killing those Canaanite babies while they were still innocent, was a particularly merciful act

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #12 - Oct 31st, 2014 at 10:24am

[quote author=Stratos link=1414697377/11#11 date=1414714719]I'll hear no criticism of the NT News!

Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Bubba Zanetti
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Oct 31st, 2014 at 10:27am

When is she going to get the sack? Any of us would have. I have to give it to her, going to all that trouble to get laid. She should of seen a gigolo and saved the taxpayer expense. That's spoilt, getting her  sex flown in. Bloody spoilt aborigines!!

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

Reply #14 - Oct 31st, 2014 at 10:32am

Even the ABC has recognised that she has given no response to the issue of public interest, as opposed to those of private interest.
But greg the pec, OB and DNA prefer to deflect or ask another question.
Strange that.

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 9
Send Topic Print