Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Abbott's record gets lukewarm reception (Read 2542 times)
Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Re: Abbott's record gets lukewarm reception
Reply #30 - Oct 31st, 2014 at 9:24pm

Quote:
Abbott's record gets lukewarm reception

Since his political career has been dismal has he been going to plan "b" had singing lessons and released a record ?

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #31 - Oct 31st, 2014 at 9:31pm

Dnarever wrote on Oct 31st, 2014 at 9:24pm:
Quote:
Abbott's record gets lukewarm reception

Since his political career has been dismal has he been going to plan "b" had singing lessons and released a record ?

Didn't he want to ban plan B? Oh, silly me, that was RU486.

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #32 - Oct 31st, 2014 at 9:56pm

Armchair_Politician wrote on Oct 31st, 2014 at 5:42am:
philperth2010 wrote on Oct 30th, 2014 at 6:52pm:
Team Froggie wrote on Oct 30th, 2014 at 6:21pm:
Quote:
....the government should be judged “not by its titles but by its performance”.

What freakin' "performance"??

Performance, by definition, means having done something; usually something useful....

Wink

A bit harsh Froggie....We are getting new fighter jets once they can get them off the ground.....We are also getting new subs from the Japanese because Australian ship builders are required for Abbott's green army.....We will also get a PPL scheme that will cost 6 billion a year to reward the mother with the biggest income who get the most benefit.....We will get higher University fees to make education of the poor more unattainable.....We will get higher fuel and gas prices prices.....We will get the unemployed to suffer for six months on nothing whilst unemployment rises.....We will have to pay more to see the doctor but there is a chance we will cure cancer (better hope you don't catch Ebola).....We will be able to contribute to the extermination of more Muslims in the Middle East and it will only cost a few billion a year.....What is there not to like Froggie???

Huh Huh Huh

"We are getting new fighter jets once they can get them off the ground" - They're already flying, including our first two for the RAAF.

"We are also getting new subs from the Japanese because Australian ship builders are required for Abbott's green army" - No decision has been made as to where the subs will come from or be built. Also, an Army has no use for submarines, unless they can sail under land.

"We will get higher fuel and gas prices prices" - You didn't seem to mind paying much more on the carbon tax. Ten bucks a year extra on the fuel excise increase - it's a pittance!

"We will have to pay more to see the doctor but there is a chance we will cure cancer (better hope you don't catch Ebola" - Only for the first ten visits and only if you don't already qualify for free services as a pensioner, etc.

"We will be able to contribute to the extermination of more Muslims in the Middle East and it will only cost a few billion a year" - So we should allow Muslim fanatics to indiscriminately murder innocent women and children? Choose your words extremely carefully, as Hitler was the last person to refer to "extermination" in the way you have and what is occurring in the Middle East now with our fighter jets is not comparable in the least.

Sarcasm seems to elude some people when they are so blinded by partisan bullshit....

The JSF couldn't even make the air show because it caught on fire (I hope it wasn't one of ours).....

Of course we will get the subs from the Japanese because Tony is so impressed with their armed forces (Especially during WW11).....

Green Army....lol......

Because the fuel excise is indexed I can look forward to paying even more over time so of course I am happy about it duh.....

Crikey if I see the doctor 10 times a year then I would have to be really sick, this tax will make sure I remain ignorant and healthy until I drop dead.....

They say once you bring Hitler into the debate you have already lost the argument.....Lets hope we engage in more civil wars now we have set the standard.....We have to use those two new fighters somewhere!!!

Wink Wink Wink

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

Bam
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - Oct 31st, 2014 at 10:06pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Oct 31st, 2014 at 1:34pm:
Bam wrote on Oct 31st, 2014 at 9:09am:
Sprintcyclist wrote on Oct 31st, 2014 at 8:28am:
I think a Medical Research Fund is a good idea.
It is a growth area.

Who profits? Corporations. So make corporations fund it. Abbott's got no problem at all imposing a 1.5% tax on a selection of corporations to fund his PPL. Why not tax the corporations who will reap the fat profits to fund this?

Humans hopefully benefit from medical health research.

Especially the select few who own shares in big pharma corporations.

Maybe the Scientists did not give a frothy overenthusiastic response as Mr Abbott spoke the plain facts.

Abbott's got no credibility in the scientific community after asserting that "climate change is crap", abolishing the Minister for Science, slashing the CSIRO's budget, appointing a climate change denier to review the funding for alternative energy, and other similar actions that demonstrate that he just doesn't get science. Actions speak louder than words. Why should he be trusted on science?

the CSIRO have many bizarre projects, eg mapping emotions around the world in real time .

why should I fund that ?

You have not answered my question. Why should Abbott be trusted on science?

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are only entitled to hold opinions that you can defend through sound, reasoned argument.

IP Logged

Its time
Gold Member

Boot libs out

Reply #34 - Oct 31st, 2014 at 10:18pm

Bam wrote on Oct 31st, 2014 at 10:06pm:
I think a Medical Research Fund is a good idea.
It is a growth area.

Who profits? Corporations. So make corporations fund it. Abbott's got no problem at all imposing a 1.5% tax on a selection of corporations to fund his PPL. Why not tax the corporations who will reap the fat profits to fund this?

Humans hopefully benefit from medical health research.

Especially the select few who own shares in big pharma corporations.

Maybe the Scientists did not give a frothy overenthusiastic response as Mr Abbott spoke the plain facts.

Abbott's got no credibility in the scientific community after asserting that "climate change is crap", abolishing the Minister for Science, slashing the CSIRO's budget, appointing a climate change denier to review the funding for alternative energy, and other similar actions that demonstrate that he just doesn't get science. Actions speak louder than words. Why should he be trusted on science?

the CSIRO have many bizarre projects, eg mapping emotions around the world in real time .

why should I fund that ?

You have not answered my question. Why should Abbott be trusted on science?

This is where the lefties are coming unstuck, asking questions about a total failure, toy with the righties , they have nothing, may as well get a chuckle until 2016.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #35 - Oct 31st, 2014 at 10:21pm

bam    Quote:
......You have not answered my question. Why should Abbott be trusted on science?.....

sry, did  not see the question.

The alp has stopped the boats, the alp has righted our international status.
the alp has done things to help Australia. If they continue, they can do things to further science/

they are successful

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #36 - Oct 31st, 2014 at 10:24pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Oct 31st, 2014 at 10:21pm:
bam    Quote:
......You have not answered my question. Why should Abbott be trusted on science?.....

the alp has done things to help Australia. If they continue, they can do things to further science/

they are successful

I had no idea you thought the ALP where so successful.....Even I would not have given them that much credit???

Huh Huh Huh

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #37 - Oct 31st, 2014 at 10:28pm

philperth2010 wrote on Oct 31st, 2014 at 10:24pm:
bam    Quote:

they are successful

I had no idea you thought the ALP where so successful.....Even I would not have given them that much credit???

Huh Huh Huh

sry, meant libs. am distracted

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #38 - Oct 31st, 2014 at 10:38pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Oct 31st, 2014 at 10:28pm:
bam    Quote:

they are successful

Huh Huh Huh

sry, meant libs. am distracted

Freudian Slip perhaps!!!

Wink Wink Wink

IP Logged

Its time
Gold Member

Boot libs out

Reply #39 - Oct 31st, 2014 at 10:50pm

bam    Quote:

they are successful

Huh Huh Huh

Another attention seeker ......

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #40 - Nov 1st, 2014 at 8:14am

So... lets sum up here.

You guys claim to love science but when Abbott proposes an huge medical research fund you... oppose it.

and the reason is...  well it is simple: abbott proposed it.  If the ALP had proposed it you would be trumpeting it.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

Stratos
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - Nov 1st, 2014 at 8:40am

longweekend58 wrote on Nov 1st, 2014 at 8:14am:
So... lets sum up here.

You guys claim to love science but when Abbott proposes an huge medical research fund you... oppose it.

and the reason is...  well it is simple: abbott proposed it.  If the ALP had proposed it you would be trumpeting it.

I don't recall anyone opposing the fund itself.

As I said, I think it would be a great idea, but that it is completely at odds with how the government has been cutting money away from existing research groups.

Pete Waldo wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 11:24pm:
Thus killing those Canaanite babies while they were still innocent, was a particularly merciful act

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #42 - Nov 1st, 2014 at 8:47am

longweekend58 wrote on Nov 1st, 2014 at 8:14am:
So... lets sum up here.

Nobody is against a medical research fund - it is a terrific thing to do.

People oppose the fact that the poorest in our society are the people who are expected to pay for it.

IP Logged

adelcrow
Gold Member

Australian Politics

everywhere
Reply #43 - Nov 1st, 2014 at 8:53am

Who needs Science when you're an ultra conservative fundamentalist religious nutbag like Abbott  Cheesy

Go the Bunnies

IP Logged

adelcrow
Gold Member

Australian Politics

everywhere
Reply #44 - Nov 1st, 2014 at 8:56am

When you believe that the earth is only 8,000 years old and that God planted fossils to test our faith....you dont need SCIENCE  Cheesy

Go the Bunnies

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print