Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Muhamed Ali Baryalei dead, yessss!!! (Read 2413 times)
Garfield.

Australian Politics

Re: Muhamed Ali Baryalei dead, yessss!!!
Reply #45 - Oct 30th, 2014 at 11:16pm

Sorry, I should have been a little more considerate, when a terrorist dies the left holds a wake, its wrong of me to make jokes about a scumbag terrorists death during the lefts period of mourning.  Sad

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #46 - Oct 30th, 2014 at 11:26pm

Garfield. wrote on Oct 30th, 2014 at 11:16pm:
Sorry, I should have been a little more considerate, when a terrorist dies the left holds a wake, its wrong of me to make jokes about a scumbag terrorists death during the lefts period of mourning.  Sad

I think it might be the relishing of his suffering that is a bit disturbing. I'm on record in this thread of my thoughts on him, but wishing suffering on another human being, even if I despise what he is and stands for, is somewhere I would rather choose not to go. I hope it was nice and "surgical" as they like to say. Wanting, demanding the suffering of others to soothe ones soul makes for a sorry human being.

IP Logged

gizmo_2655
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South West NSW
Reply #47 - Oct 30th, 2014 at 11:34pm

Setanta wrote on Oct 30th, 2014 at 11:26pm:

I think it might be the relishing of his suffering that is a bit disturbing. I'm on record in this thread of my thoughts on him, but wishing suffering on another human being, even if I despise what he is and stands for, is somewhere I would rather choose not to go. I hope it was nice and "surgical" as they like to say. Wanting, demanding the suffering of others to soothe ones soul makes for a sorry human being.

I don't see why...being happy about or even 'relishing' the death/suffering of someone who wants you and your family (not to mention everyone you know) dead isn't really an unusual thing (nor is it even particularly 'bad')

"I just get sick of people who place a label on someone else with their own definition.

It's similar to a strawman fallacy"
Bobbythebat

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #48 - Oct 30th, 2014 at 11:40pm

gizmo_2655 wrote on Oct 30th, 2014 at 11:34pm:

I don't see why...being happy about or even 'relishing' the death/suffering of someone who wants you and your family (not to mention everyone you know) dead isn't really an unusual thing (nor is it even particularly 'bad')

I've made my position clear. I'm happy he is, if he is, dead. I'm not going to relish anyone's death, I have other things to relish, my children and a grandson, 30 years of marriage to some one I still love deeply. Don't give up your humanity.

IP Logged

gizmo_2655
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South West NSW
Reply #49 - Oct 30th, 2014 at 11:46pm

Setanta wrote on Oct 30th, 2014 at 11:40pm:

I've made my position clear. I'm happy he is, if he is, dead. I'm not going to relish anyone's death, I have other things to relish, my children and a grandson, 30 years of marriage to some one I still love deeply. Don't give up your humanity.

Which is basically the position of all the  other posters on here...All we need now is for someone to 'bust a cap' in the forehead of that Australian teenager who appears in those videos.

"I just get sick of people who place a label on someone else with their own definition.

It's similar to a strawman fallacy"
Bobbythebat

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #50 - Oct 31st, 2014 at 12:03am

gizmo_2655 wrote on Oct 30th, 2014 at 11:46pm:
Setanta wrote on Oct 30th, 2014 at 11:40pm:

Which is basically the position of all the  other posters on here...All we need now is for someone to 'bust a cap' in the forehead of that Australian teenager who appears in those videos.

You do realise you're just being a dick. It is not relishing it. You know what the word means. Should I paste it?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #51 - Oct 31st, 2014 at 10:51am

Soren wrote on Oct 30th, 2014 at 4:48pm:
You are continuing to act as if it had nothing to do with mulims in Australia and the west  generally. 
We are called upon to do more to understand and accommodate muslims - but then when some of them go off to fight, behead and call for random attack here we are supposed to say  'who? what?'
I don't think so.

Indeed. The "who? what? 'nuffin to do with islam'" routine should be restricted to those muslims who constantly stand up to reject and condemn acts of violence in the name of islam. Thats certainly your philosophy S.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

King FriYAY II
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #52 - Oct 31st, 2014 at 12:12pm

Hopefully some politician with balls will put an end to importing hate into Australia.

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #53 - Oct 31st, 2014 at 12:43pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Oct 31st, 2014 at 10:51am:
Soren wrote on Oct 30th, 2014 at 4:48pm:
You are continuing to act as if it had nothing to do with mulims in Australia and the west  generally. 
We are called upon to do more to understand and accommodate muslims - but then when some of them go off to fight, behead and call for random attack here we are supposed to say  'who? what?'
I don't think so.

Indeed. The "who? what? 'nuffin to do with islam'" routine should be restricted to those muslims who constantly stand up to reject and condemn acts of violence in the name of islam. Thats certainly your philosophy S.

The Hizbi guys are careful about not shouting for violence but they are still advocating thoroughly alien and unacceptable ideas that are impeccably ISLAMIC.

Yes, nice to have no fatwahs but that's not enough to make Islamic ideology acceptable. Peaceful sharia is not cuddly and nice.

IP Logged

Postmodern Trendoid III
Gold Member

Reply #54 - Oct 31st, 2014 at 10:21pm

Setanta wrote on Oct 30th, 2014 at 1:40am:
Garfield. wrote on Oct 30th, 2014 at 1:23am:
Aussie wrote on Oct 29th, 2014 at 10:17pm:
This is as close as Hicks got to anything.

How do you know?  Roll Eyes

I suppose we never will if you want to go that route... He was not picked up fighting and there is no evidence he was fighting or killing anyone, so do we go on evidence or "how do we knows"? All we know is that he trained in Afghanistan and was sold to the US by the northern Alliance. There has never been any intimation he did anything violent, his crime was allegedly "providing material support for terrorism".

Hicks was part of a terrorist organisation called Lashkar-e-Taiba that has a history of attacking India. It is reported that Hicks did engage in fighting against India. I wonder if he was handed over to India instead of the USA would he be alive today?

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #55 - Oct 31st, 2014 at 10:25pm

Postmodern Trendoid III wrote on Oct 31st, 2014 at 10:21pm:
Setanta wrote on Oct 30th, 2014 at 1:40am:
Garfield. wrote on Oct 30th, 2014 at 1:23am:
Aussie wrote on Oct 29th, 2014 at 10:17pm:
This is as close as Hicks got to anything.

How do you know?  Roll Eyes

I suppose we never will if you want to go that route... He was not picked up fighting and there is no evidence he was fighting or killing anyone, so do we go on evidence or "how do we knows"? All we know is that he trained in Afghanistan and was sold to the US by the northern Alliance. There has never been any intimation he did anything violent, his crime was allegedly "providing material support for terrorism".

Hicks was part of a terrorist organisation called Lashkar-e-Taiba that has a history of attacking India. It is reported that Hicks did engage in fighting against India. I wonder if he was handed over to India instead of the USA would he be alive today?

Links? I doubt he did anything though. I was reading some shyte about him last night and it doesn't seem he was held in high regard by his fellow gang bangers. A bit slack. Oi Oi Oi!

IP Logged

Postmodern Trendoid III
Gold Member

Reply #56 - Oct 31st, 2014 at 10:30pm

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #57 - Oct 31st, 2014 at 10:36pm

Postmodern Trendoid III wrote on Oct 31st, 2014 at 10:30pm:

This kinda stands out to me. The best he could have hoped for was a suicide belt and i doubt he was "observant" enough to do that... He's a schmuck.

Quote:
Earlier, during 1999, Hicks converted to Islam[1] and took the name Muhammed Dawood.[8] He was later reported to have been publicly denounced due to his lack of religious observance.[9] Hicks was captured in Afghanistan in December 2001 by the Afghan Northern Alliance and sold for a US$5,000 bounty to the United States military.[8][10]

edit: How quickly he was rounded up and sold off I think shows his status. He certainly wasn't protected, therefore not a holder of information or important at all for these organisations.

edit2: Reading the second link, the Lashkar-e-Taiba connection seems rather slim, referring to one NYT sorry, The Wall Street Journal, article.
« Last Edit: Oct 31st, 2014 at 10:52pm by Setanta »  

IP Logged

ian
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #58 - Oct 31st, 2014 at 10:42pm

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print