All  good mate!!

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

Black Orchid
Gold Member

Re: Hows it going mate?
Reply #16 - Oct 30th, 2014 at 7:51pm

Sorry to hear about your friend, Redneck.

Regarding the hedge.  Keep it.  Aesthetically much better than a fence and they add a touch of charm to a property.

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #17 - Oct 31st, 2014 at 4:19pm

So whats the latest with you all today?

Red

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #18 - Oct 31st, 2014 at 6:34pm

well all lost your tongues?

Well today has been a bit of a drama email wise.

I decided after years of using an accountant to do my tax and today being the last day to do it myself, that I should have a go using etax.

Well, I thought I will have a look at last years tax return as a guide. I thought it should be on my email. Well searched high and low no luck.

Despite using an email program backup software a number of times only to find out that it is friggin useless as it only backs up some folders.

I am going to rename my username as Herb_The_Redneck

I then spent hours trying to work out a regular backup of the email ... Not agreat solution but I am working on it.

The trouble is with most backup software is its hard to go back and look through the software to look for  something like your emails without doing a restore which overwrites all your recent stuff

I use Acronis for main backups and used Mozbackup for my thunderbird  mail but it only backs up some stuff.

Pissed Orf Red

Angry
« Last Edit: Oct 31st, 2014 at 6:40pm by Redmond Neck »  

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #19 - Oct 31st, 2014 at 7:23pm

Redmond Neck wrote on Oct 31st, 2014 at 6:34pm:

I decided after years of using an accountant to do my tax and today being the last day to do it myself, that I should have a go using etax.

Well, I thought I will have a look at last years tax return as a guide. I thought it should be on my email. Well searched high and low no luck.

Despite using an email program backup software a number of times only to find out that it is friggin useless as it only backs up some folders.

I then spent hours trying to work out a regular backup of the email ... Not agreat solution but I am working on it.

The trouble is with most backup software is its hard to go back and look through the software to look for  something like your emails without doing a restore which overwrites all your recent stuff

I use Acronis for main backups and used Mozbackup for my thunderbird  mail but it only backs up some stuff.

Pissed Orf Red

Angry

Use imap and leave your mail on the server. It get's backed up there and will be available anywhere you are. If you have to use pop, click the "leave copy on server" thingo.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #20 - Oct 31st, 2014 at 7:42pm

Redmond Neck wrote on Oct 29th, 2014 at 5:28pm:
Hi guys n gals

What have you been up to today?

I am exhausted trimming that bloody hedge, the boss reckons we should replace it with a fence.

Four years ago I did just that. Best thing I ever did after years of sweating over trimming the hedge between my backyard and the neighbour's.

He died, and I was left doing the job every time instead of half the time.

Went to Bunnings and ordered all the Ready-Mix and Colourbond panelling I needed. Put it all up without any help.

But I could design a much more easy-fitting panel system than the Bluesteel people have with the colourbond.

In fact most stuff I buy I could improve the design through nothing but sheer commonsense.

Industrial designers are not the smartest people around by a long chalk. Pretty damn dumb, in fact.

Over and over I see design faults with the power tools I buy, and other stuff.

Sh!t for brains, most of those designers.

Don't get me started.

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #21 - Nov 1st, 2014 at 7:55am

Setanta wrote on Oct 31st, 2014 at 7:23pm:
Redmond Neck wrote on Oct 31st, 2014 at 6:34pm:

Pissed Orf Red

Angry

Use imap and leave your mail on the server. It get's backed up there and will be available anywhere you are. If you have to use pop, click the "leave copy on server" thingo.

Thanks mate, I was thinking of that yesterday but looking on the Bigpond site for how to do it, just realised it was a change in my email program setup (my end).

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print