Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
I hope it's wrong (Read 1407 times)
skippy.
Gold Member

I hope it's wrong
Oct 25th, 2014 at 10:32am

I really hope today's press that Abbott is considering dumping Hockey as Treasurer in favour of Turnbull is wrong, the bastards don't deserve a second chance. With Turnbulls obvious skill and popularity it could be just what the government need to turn around their dwindling support a support base that has seen twelve months trailing the Labor party led by Shorten,who'd  of thunk a numpty like Shorten could  put Labor in such a solid position?
It's  only thanks to Abbotts ineptness ably aided by Hockey. Take away Hockey and the fortunes could well turn around  lets hope not for all our sakes.

freedivers other forum- POLITICAL ANIMAL
Click onWWW below 
IP Logged

DaS Energy
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: I hope it's wrong
Reply #1 - Oct 25th, 2014 at 10:42am

skippy. wrote on Oct 25th, 2014 at 10:32am:
I really hope today's press that Abbott is considering dumping Hockey as Treasurer in favour of Turnbull is wrong, the bastards don't deserve a second chance. With Turnbulls obvious skill and popularity it could be just what the government need to turn around their dwindling support a support base that has seen twelve months trailing the Labor party led by Shorten,who'd  of thunk a numpty like Shorten could  put Labor in such a solid position?
It's  only thanks to Abbotts ineptness ably aided by Hockey. Take away Hockey and the fortunes could well turn around  lets hope not for all our sakes.

Personally don't see Turnbull taking up the offer. Abbott and Hockey are gone, even Abbott and Hockey know that!

Turnbull very soon will be the new LNP leader!

IP Logged

Life_goes_on
Gold Member

400kms south of Yobsville, Qld
Reply #2 - Oct 25th, 2014 at 10:53am

It'll happen and he'll save Abbott and co from what was looking like certain defeat.

That buffoon Hockey is their biggest liability. He never fails to come across as arrogant and insincere.

Turnbull's worked out he has to be a team player if he's to get anywhere.... better to be Treasurer than Communications minister.

"You're just one lucky motherf-cker" - Someone, 5th February 2013

Num num num num.

IP Logged

skippy.
Gold Member

Reply #3 - Oct 25th, 2014 at 10:59am

Life_goes_on wrote on Oct 25th, 2014 at 10:53am:
It'll happen and he'll save Abbott and co from what was looking like certain defeat.

That buffoon Hockey is their biggest liability. He never fails to come across as arrogant and insincere.

Turnbull's worked out he has to be a team player if he's to get anywhere.... better to be Treasurer than Communications minister.

Yes that's my concern. Turnbull must realise if he's treasurer he is just one step from the holy grail too. If Abbott stuffs up Turnbull would be right on the spot. That's the reason I reckon it won't happen, is Abbott dumb enough to promote the person most likely to succeed into a position where he can grab the precious? I don't think so. Better for Abbott to keep dumb ass Hockey who is no threat.

freedivers other forum- POLITICAL ANIMAL
Click onWWW below 
IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #4 - Oct 25th, 2014 at 11:02am

Your very discussion here shows that the Australian people are wide awake to such moves from parties nowadays.  Had enough of the nonsense, and personally, nobody in his or her right mind would support any member of the current lot, on either side, to head this country.

I see not one on the horizon who would get my vote for Popularly Elected President... not one.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Life_goes_on
Gold Member

Reply #5 - Oct 25th, 2014 at 11:14am

skippy. wrote on Oct 25th, 2014 at 10:59am:
Life_goes_on wrote on Oct 25th, 2014 at 10:53am:

Yes that's my concern. Turnbull must realise if he's treasurer he is just one step from the holy grail too. If Abbott stuffs up Turnbull would be right on the spot. That's the reason I reckon it won't happen, is Abbott dumb enough to promote the person most likly to succeed into a position where he can grab the precious? I don't think so.

Abbott's smart enough to know his time in the job is very limited if he's to continue with Hockey. He's self confident enough to think he has the support and can deal with anything Turnbull attempts.

Num num num num.

IP Logged

Armchair_Politician
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Oct 25th, 2014 at 11:28am

I've been out with my kids this morning, so haven't seen anything about this and can't find anything after doing a quick search. Links?

Scott Morrison DID wipe the floor with Bull Shitten!!! Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

crocodile
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Oct 25th, 2014 at 11:34am

Might give a short run boost and that's about it. The budget unpopularity and fiscal problems are still there. Having a different mouthpiece will only work for a short time.

Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes.

IP Logged

Armchair_Politician
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Oct 25th, 2014 at 11:36am

Funny how you fools continue to go on about the budget, yet it wouldn't be a harsh budget if Swan knew the first thing about economics. The simple FACT that Labor is blocking savings measures they proposed themselves while in office shows they have no desire to help clean up their colossal mess and are behaving in this way simply out of spite. Proof positive they do not have the nations interests at heart and are concerned only with regaining office. Nothing else matters to them, least of all the Australian people.

IP Logged

Life_goes_on
Gold Member

Reply #9 - Oct 25th, 2014 at 11:48am

Quote:
Proof positive they do not have the nations interests at heart and are concerned only with regaining office. Nothing else matters to them, least of all the Australian people.

Exactly the same could be said for the Coalition when they were in opposition.

Num num num num.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #10 - Oct 25th, 2014 at 12:17pm

Armchair_Politician wrote on Oct 25th, 2014 at 11:36am:
Funny how you fools continue to go on about the budget, yet it wouldn't be a harsh budget if Swan knew the first thing about economics. The simple FACT that Labor is blocking savings measures they proposed themselves while in office shows they have no desire to help clean up their colossal mess and are behaving in this way simply out of spite. Proof positive they do not have the nations interests at heart and are concerned only with regaining office. Nothing else matters to them, least of all the Australian people.

In opposition the Abbott group consistently blocked both savings measures and policy that they typically supported.

In reality all Labor have done is to oppose poor policy and hold the government to account on some of its many errors.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #11 - Oct 25th, 2014 at 12:19pm

I hope it's wrong

Replacing Hockey will not make a dope like Abbott look any better or more importantly make conservative policy look any less mean spirited and selfish.

IP Logged

Armchair_Politician
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Oct 25th, 2014 at 12:34pm

Life_goes_on wrote on Oct 25th, 2014 at 11:48am:
Quote:
Proof positive they do not have the nations interests at heart and are concerned only with regaining office. Nothing else matters to them, least of all the Australian people.

And yet the hansard records prove definitively that you're wrong, because the Coalition voted with Labor on more than 70% of legislation.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #13 - Oct 25th, 2014 at 12:42pm

Armchair_Politician wrote on Oct 25th, 2014 at 12:34pm:
Life_goes_on wrote on Oct 25th, 2014 at 11:48am:
Quote:

And yet the hansard records prove definitively that you're wrong, because the Coalition voted with Labor on more than 70% of legislation.

Just not the important bits... like economic measures....

Got a list?

"Before the House is a bill to revamp skating ramps in Upper Doomstownia... following the national disgrace of five golden ants being crushed there by rampaging skateboarders..... this bill will ensure the survival of yet another endangered species.... this bill will permit local councils to relocate skate ramps away from threatened species...."

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

crocodile
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Oct 25th, 2014 at 1:18pm

Armchair_Politician wrote on Oct 25th, 2014 at 11:36am:

Armie, you've done it again. For the less economically endowed perhaps you could enlighten us all as to where these supposed savings are.

Just for your own edification, the budget figures are here:

http://www.budget.gov.au/2014-15/content/bp1/html/bp1_bst6-01.htm

Accordingly, the budget expenditures totalled for last FY and up to 2016 - 2017 are:

2013-14 = $415294 bill
2014-15 = $414845 bill
2015-16 = $431118 bill
2016-17 = $453806 bill

So mate, where's the savings ?

That is a growth of about 4.5% year on year from 2015. Tony and Joe or Mal will really be superstars when they can deliver 9% GDP growth in two years.

We're so blessed around here that someone of your extreme perspicacity is watching over us from the confines your armchair.

Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print