Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 30
Send Topic Print
Your latest movie review...!!! (Read 70539 times)
stryder
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Your latest movie review...!!!
Reply #45 - Nov 11th, 2014 at 5:46pm

Ajax , you have some serious taste , IM A BIG CHARLES BRONSON FAN, and i have seen many charles bronson films, DEATH WISH 3, is my favourite of the lot, while i like clint eastwood, but he is no charles bronson as a vigilante with a big gun.

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #46 - Nov 12th, 2014 at 5:04pm

stryder wrote on Nov 11th, 2014 at 5:46pm:
Ajax , you have some serious taste , IM A BIG CHARLES BRONSON FAN, and i have seen many charles bronson films, DEATH WISH 3, is my favourite of the lot, while i like clint eastwood, but he is no charles bronson as a vigilante with a big gun.

Hi Stryker

Yeah love all the old movies Charles Bronson is one of my favourites too. I love Clint Eastwood spaghetti westerns I think I like all his westerns.

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #47 - Nov 12th, 2014 at 5:36pm

Check the following rap for the movie Interstellar. It is a thought provoking movie. The end is totally off the wall. Never seen a finish like it. It will leave you asking big questions when you leave the cinema. Smiley 4 Stars

(Source Wiki )Interstellar is a 2014 science fiction film directed by Christopher Nolan. Starring Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathaway, Jessica Chastain, and Michael Caine, the film features a team of space travelers who travel through a wormhole in search of a new habitable planet. It was written by Jonathan Nolan and Christopher Nolan; Christopher combined his idea with a script developed by his brother in 2007 for Paramount Pictures and producer Lynda Obst. He produced the film with Obst and his wife, Emma Thomas. Theoretical physicist Kip Thorne, whose work inspired the film, acted as both scientific consultant and executive producer.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #48 - Nov 12th, 2014 at 7:11pm

interstellar - 4 stars is my score too

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Rocketanski
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #49 - Nov 12th, 2014 at 7:21pm

Hey Striker, I love a Bronson movie called 'Last of the bare knuckled fighters' (I think).  Have you ever seen that one?

IP Logged

stryder
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #50 - Nov 15th, 2014 at 5:24pm

Rocketanski wrote on Nov 12th, 2014 at 7:21pm:
Hey Striker, I love a Bronson movie called 'Last of the bare knuckled fighters' (I think).  Have you ever seen that one?

I think the movie you might be referring to is called "Hard times" were he played a street fighter named chaney who with boxing promoter called speed played by james coburn who sets up fights for him in new orleans.

Is that the one, rocketanski ???
« Last Edit: Nov 15th, 2014 at 6:35pm by stryder »  

IP Logged

stryder
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #51 - Nov 15th, 2014 at 6:19pm

Death Wish 3

There is nothing more awesome than a film with Charles bronson shooting down bad guys and in this film theres plenty of bad guys for him to take down, that you pretty much lose the count on the way, just sooo many bad guys, New york city had an abundance of them

Charles bronson is just one of the most awesome action stars ever to come across on screen his bad assness is legendary, its a pity that todays action stars mostly have to be young because NONE OF THE THEM CANT EVEN MATCH A THIRD OF HOW BAD ASS CHARLES BRONSON WAS.

Ive seen the first death wish and it was ok, Charles bronson kills a few muggers here and there, But in death wish 3 WHICH IS THE BEST DEATH WISH OF THE LOT, he takes on a whole groups of violient youth gangs who terrorize the neighbourhoods of new york, back in the 80s New york was a very violient place with a high crime rate.

But Charles bronson comes to town armed with his widley hunter one of the biggest pistols you will ever seen on screen, deals with gang problem like he knows how and delivering justice ONE BIG BULLET AT A TIME.

Do yourself a favour and experience the awesomeness of Charles bronson, Death wish 3 is must see, and requires repeat viewing, iv lost count how many times ive seen it.
« Last Edit: Nov 15th, 2014 at 6:54pm by stryder »  

IP Logged

stryder
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #52 - Nov 21st, 2014 at 8:23pm

The barbarians

The 80s was a great period that produced awesome movies, I found one which is bloody awesome and a fun ride,

The barbarians, this is a movie that oozes with fun, it has an awesome setting, cool heroes, cool villians, good music and topless women, AND REPEAT VIEWING WATCHIBILITY what more can you want,

Its not a history or period piece about barbarians from long ago europe to throw at your face, this is just an offspring from the sword and scorcery genre which sprang to life through CONAN THE BARBARIAN in 1982, and many imitators came after it, but this movie surpassed even CONAN itself.

And the 80s produced soo many films filled with testosterone and macho in which action stars were partly measured through bicep size along with charisma. i believe this movie is soooo manly that after watching it you would probably feel hairs on your chest.

the practical special effects still hold up even to this very day, hell this movie is better than LORD OF THE RINGS, hell at least this movie has manly characters rather than those gayish characters like frodo and sam in the lord of the rings movies WHICH WAS TOO LONG, TOO BORING AND OVERLOADED WITH TOO MUCH CGI,

« Last Edit: Nov 21st, 2014 at 10:21pm by stryder »  

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #53 - Nov 21st, 2014 at 9:48pm

Not bad stryker.

But this scene from Conan oohhh lalalalala

and the music is A1

Conan the Barbarian 1982:Thulsa Doom orgy
« Last Edit: Nov 21st, 2014 at 10:26pm by Ajax »  

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #54 - Nov 22nd, 2014 at 8:32am

while we're on sword and sandal genre little known but well worth the watch, action romance betrayal its all there.

Trsitan and Isolde (2006) - James Franco & Sophia Myles

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #55 - Nov 22nd, 2014 at 8:46am

Classic sword and sandal movies

TROY                                                                  BRAVEHEART                                                            LAST SAMURAI                                                        JASON AND THE ARGONAUTS

IP Logged

stryder
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #56 - Nov 22nd, 2014 at 10:57am

The Beastmaster

Ajax, heres one sword and scorcery epic from the 80s to add.

IP Logged

stryder
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #57 - Nov 24th, 2014 at 9:34pm

Xtro

This is one of the best sci fi horror movies of the 80s, even though there is a bit of a rip off here and there from the ridley scott alien film a few years back, this movie was said to be a response to steven speilbergs ET released in 1982 about some friendly cute alien who is in distress and wanting to go home, here this alien is very scary, chilling and yet cool, and kills in creative cruel ways, and has an interesting backstory.

This is a movie about alien abduction, a father-son relationship, matter manupilation through thought and teasing flashes of boobs here and there, everything you need in a 80s sci fi horror film.

Deeply recommend if you like old 80s fashioned horror.
« Last Edit: Nov 25th, 2014 at 8:51pm by stryder »  

IP Logged

stryder
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #58 - Nov 24th, 2014 at 9:54pm

Creepshow

This is another fine gem of the 80s horror genre whose repeat viewing watchibility grows more and more on me through the decades, I remember watching the first time when i was 10 i think on a VHS tape, that was such a long, long and long time ago.

The best horror collaboration in history, stephen king and george a romero made this film together in a collection of five short stories interwined with brief animated pieces which stephen king himself stars in the second one, and also has ted danson and leslie nelson.

Good film to watch on halloween.
« Last Edit: Nov 24th, 2014 at 10:23pm by stryder »  

IP Logged

stryder
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #59 - Nov 25th, 2014 at 6:24pm

Razorback

Who ever remember seeing this one ??, when australian films were making there mark around the world in the 80s, Russell Mulcahy made this aussie horror flick about a giant wild pig roaming the outback and killing people, KINDA LIKE JAWS SET IN THE OUTBACK, even though the premise was quite silly, still worth a good watch. awesome cinematography and cheesy practical effects which still looks way better than today's keyboarded CGI, WHICH ARE LIKE FIREWORKS, FIRST 10 MINUTES YOUR EYES ARE MARVELED, 25 MINUTES LATER IT GETS REPETITIVE.
« Last Edit: Nov 25th, 2014 at 8:20pm by stryder »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 30
Send Topic Print