Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 30
Send Topic Print
Your latest movie review...!!! (Read 70202 times)
Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Re: Your latest movie review...!!!
Reply #300 - May 11th, 2017 at 5:47pm

These days good flicks are few and far between, don't miss this one it's good.

Gifted

Chris Evans & Jenny Slate

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #301 - May 11th, 2017 at 6:11pm

Ajax wrote on Feb 18th, 2017 at 9:52am:

Passengers

Chris Pratt, Jennifer Lawrence

Great movie....loved it..... Cool

yes i liked it too.

felt they could have made it more a "out of Africa" movie and less an action movie.

there was a massive storyline they hinted over.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

miketrees
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #302 - May 11th, 2017 at 6:26pm

Best movie I have seen in a while.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #303 - May 11th, 2017 at 11:25pm

Passengers

Got home from seeing the movie. I missed some time due to an urgent toilet break. But I went online to see what it was that I missed. They had a video of this movie that was near HD quality. No doubt, I could have probably waited a couple weeks and just watched it online for free.

I did like the movie. But I think it is one of those movies I could give a miss in buying a DVD copy.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #304 - May 12th, 2017 at 9:58am

UnSubRocky wrote on May 11th, 2017 at 11:25pm:

Passengers

Got home from seeing the movie. I missed some time due to an urgent toilet break. But I went online to see what it was that I missed. They had a video of this movie that was near HD quality. No doubt, I could have probably waited a couple weeks and just watched it online for free.

I did like the movie. But I think it is one of those movies I could give a miss in buying a DVD copy.

yes, about my rating

'...........yes i liked it too.

felt they could have made it more a "out of Africa" movie and less an action movie.

there was a massive storyline they hinted over..........'

Do you think they could have developed the 'forgiveness' aspect in that movie?

Where she was woken up early, then found out who did it and why?

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #305 - May 12th, 2017 at 4:04pm

For anyone who loves a good flick and doesn't know about these, you can also hook up from computer to tv for big screen.

Might have to wait a bit for a decent copy...... Cool

ENJOY...!!

http://sockshare.net/cinema-movies.html

http://www.theoriental-legazpi.com/

https://123movies.co/

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #306 - May 13th, 2017 at 3:06am

It is an annoyance trying to find movies online to watch for free. I bookmarked 50 movies to watch on a particular website that streamed movies quite nicely. Then it was legislatively blocked from public viewing. Had to research another set of websites for the same movies.

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #307 - May 20th, 2017 at 2:49pm

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #308 - May 20th, 2017 at 9:20pm

Lion. Nice movie, but why did they get an English curry to play an Australian curry?

IBI

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #309 - Jul 15th, 2017 at 12:19pm

Not a big fan of musical but tis one is real good, I enjoyed and it sh!ts all over La La land imo.

Burlesque - Christina Aguilera & Cher

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #310 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 4:12am

Baby Driver was a good movie to watch on Thursday night. Was engaged from start to finish. If you don't mind strong violence, this is a good heist movie.

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #311 - Aug 12th, 2017 at 12:32pm

The Exception

Lily James,  Jai Courtney & Christopher Plummer 

Worth a ganda and that Lily James ooh lala, some women and most times there not the prettiest or most beautiful can really stir the palate ala James in this movie.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #312 - Aug 14th, 2017 at 11:39pm

Dunkirk - yep 5 stars from me.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #313 - Aug 17th, 2017 at 8:15pm

In the last week, I watched 2 movies using my $8 movie pass for the month of August. Sadly, it was these two movies, "Valerian" & "Dark Tower", that left me wanting my $16 back.

Valerian, being one of the most visually spectacular yet dull movies I have seen in a while. Both leads were painful to watch. Seemed like every scene was just green screen after green screen. None of the actors seemed to really give a stuff about what they were doing in the film. Just another pay cheque for each of them.

Dark Tower, on the other hand, was not so over the top with visuals. But there was not really much to offer for this movie. This movie somewhat reminded me of "End of Days", with Matthew McConaughey acting the part similar to what Gabriel Byrne did in End of Days. Idriss Elba was quite good for his role as the gunslinger. The movie seemed nothing more than a story about kidnapping and vengeance. Plus, there was an interdimensional porthole thrown in.

Do yourself a favour, if you have not been warned already: Steer clear of rubbish like these two movies. You will hurt your brain with regret.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #314 - Aug 20th, 2017 at 10:25pm

Just watched 'What Happened To Monday" - a thought-provoking future of overpopulation, in which Willem Dafoe plays a man who clones seven grand-daughters, each named after a different day of the week and each of whom has different skills and such... when the law says one child only.  'Siblings' are exterminated.... with Glenn close playing the corrupt owner of the extermination company and wanting to go into politics and run the whole shebang...

One actress plays all seven siblings, and the plot is complex and needs careful attention to keep up, since all the grand-daughters look almost the same and you need to keep their 'position' sorted out.

Monday of the title is in close with Close..... Close's ideology is that by being 'cryo-vaced' (killed off in reality) agaisnt some better future the children will not suffer ... and eventually Monday signs off on a huge donation to put Close into power - under duress since Close holds at least one of her siblings as hostage...

Lots of shooting and killing to bump off some of the siblings, and eventually Close is undone by one of them pretending to be a dead one and filming the extermination of a child.... which is played on the big screen at Close's acceptance speech for politics....

Not a bad story - ends up ambiguous, since now everyone is allowed to breed freely (Monday was pregnant with twins), and the final scene is a hospital room filled with crying babies... problem unsolved..... so who was right in the end?

Story has similarities with Roger Zelazny's "Today We Choose Faces".

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 30
Send Topic Print