Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 30
Send Topic Print
Your latest movie review...!!! (Read 70454 times)
Sophia
Gold Member

Re: Your latest movie review...!!!
Reply #255 - Jun 14th, 2016 at 9:47pm

So I get a special to hire a free DVD from the Kiosk this long weekend, and I decide on "The Dressmaker".....so daughter and I sit to watch it as our little get together, and up to a point, we liked it, then something happened and then we hated it!
Starring Kate Winslet, Liam Hemsworth, and a brilliant Judy Davis.
Acting was excellent and it really took you there, to that time, and how a small town mentality would be.

It is set in 1951 in an outback Aussie dusty town. A bit of a lynch mob mentality, the haute couture is splendid...the story line was interesting, and the love story developing, (that spunk Liam Hemsworth, God's gift to our female eyeballs!  Smiley)..and then, something happens, that just wasn't expected.
The hubby hadn't seen it, and he was going to watch it on Monday (public holiday), and both daugther and I said "nah, not your type of movie, it's got a bit of a twist in it that made us cry", and he said, oh good, I don't want to watch it then! Grin

Not sure if it is a man's choice in movies, but the acting is excellent, in fact, I think the story line in some parts was a little kooky.
But anyway, I did watch it and thought I would put up my review of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPCyjqGH914

IP Logged

stryder
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #256 - Jun 19th, 2016 at 11:12pm

Van damiens land

If you like or fascinated with Australian history in particularly australias convict past, this movie is a must for Australian history buffs, it tells the story of australias most notorious convict, alexander pearce  one of eight men who escaped the penal settlement on sarah island in Tasmania in 1823 and set out to cross the Tasmanian wilderness only to find a lack of food to follage and so resorted to cannibalism to deal with there hunger, the story about these men and what they had done is incredible,

The film has a very slow pace which may turn off some people, so the film is not for everyone, but is well worth for some, like myself,  Smiley

« Last Edit: Jun 19th, 2016 at 11:20pm by stryder »  

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #257 - Jun 25th, 2016 at 7:04pm

Daniel day Lewis and Madeleine Stowe

Great story, great battle scenes and great music.

Above is the last battle scene always makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

If you haven't seen it get it

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

stryder
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #258 - Jun 25th, 2016 at 8:02pm

The blues brothers

One of the top classics from the 80s, with the performances of the late john belushi and dan ackroyd, this movie has an infectous spirit with the songs from cameo singers like Aretha franklin and ray charles with some of the finest stunts ever filmed whats there not to like about this film,  Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #259 - Jun 25th, 2016 at 8:18pm

stryder wrote on Jun 25th, 2016 at 8:02pm:
https://lunkiandsika.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/blues-brothers-1980-bluray-cove...

The blues brothers

One of the top classics from the 80s, with the performances of the late john belushi and dan ackroyd, this movie has an infectous spirit with the songs from cameo singers like Aretha franklin and ray charles with some of the finest stunts ever filmed whats there not to like about this film,  Smiley Smiley

X2    Great movie which developed a cult following like the Rocky Horror picture show.

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #260 - Jun 25th, 2016 at 9:10pm

Sophia wrote on Jun 14th, 2016 at 9:47pm:
So I get a special to hire a free DVD from the Kiosk this long weekend, and I decide on "The Dressmaker".....so daughter and I sit to watch it as our little get together, and up to a point, we liked it, then something happened and then we hated it!
Starring Kate Winslet, Liam Hemsworth, and a brilliant Judy Davis.
Acting was excellent and it really took you there, to that time, and how a small town mentality would be.

It is set in 1951 in an outback Aussie dusty town. A bit of a lynch mob mentality, the haute couture is splendid...the story line was interesting, and the love story developing, (that spunk Liam Hemsworth, God's gift to our female eyeballs!  Smiley)..and then, something happens, that just wasn't expected.
The hubby hadn't seen it, and he was going to watch it on Monday (public holiday), and both daugther and I said "nah, not your type of movie, it's got a bit of a twist in it that made us cry", and he said, oh good, I don't want to watch it then! Grin

Not sure if it is a man's choice in movies, but the acting is excellent, in fact, I think the story line in some parts was a little kooky.
But anyway, I did watch it and thought I would put up my review of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPCyjqGH914

yes, quite a good movie.

I found it a bit depressing.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #261 - Jul 6th, 2016 at 6:06pm

Me Before You

Emilia Clarke & Sam Claflin

Smal town girl Louisa "Lou" Clark becomes a carer for Will Traynor and gets more than she bargained for.

Great movie ("A" grade) don't miss this one.
« Last Edit: Jul 6th, 2016 at 6:18pm by Ajax »  

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #262 - Jul 6th, 2016 at 6:13pm

Alex and Eve

Richard Brancatisano & Andrea Demetriades

"B" grade Aussie movie about a Greek orthodox man who's a maths teacher and falls in love with a Lebanese Muslim woman who's a lawyer.

Bit of a rip of My Big Fat Greek wedding in style anyway imo.

Worth watching I got a few laughs out of it, might suit the ethnics more or anyone who can appreciate other cultures.

Them bloody wogs only in Australia make.... Grin
« Last Edit: Jul 6th, 2016 at 6:18pm by Ajax »  

IP Logged

President Elect, The Mechanic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #263 - Jul 6th, 2016 at 10:01pm

The Last Cab to Darwin..

I got a little emotional... great aussie film.

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #264 - Jul 7th, 2016 at 3:37am

Got to agree there, Mechanic. Went in to see that movie at the theatre. I was probably the youngest person in the cinema. The average age of the patrons being about 60 years old, making me feel out of place. Watched the movie, expecting that the movie would not be too great. Happy to see that the movie had a good mix of drama, comedy, and a little heartache. Seemed like a good enough finish.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #265 - Jul 10th, 2016 at 12:27am

TED 2

I nearly spat me front teeth out 10 times over..  Grin Grin Grin

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #266 - Jul 10th, 2016 at 12:34am

you hear that, you are covered in rejected Black Guy sperm...

you are like a Kardashian....Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #267 - Jul 10th, 2016 at 8:08am

Ajax wrote on Jun 25th, 2016 at 7:04pm:

Daniel day Lewis and Madeleine Stowe

Great story, great battle scenes and great music.

Above is the last battle scene always makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

If you haven't seen it get it

I thought it was very good too. So I read the book, with which the movie script has little in common. The book waffles on into a very indistinct end. The final scene in the movie, on the mountain trail, and the fate of the girl, are taken directly from a Conrad story called Gaspar Ruiz.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #268 - Jul 10th, 2016 at 6:05pm

President Elect, The Mechanic wrote on Jul 6th, 2016 at 10:01pm:
The Last Cab to Darwin..

I liked it. Michael Caton's a top bloke, and used to be almost a neighbor.

IBI

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #269 - Jul 10th, 2016 at 6:23pm

President Elect, The Mechanic wrote on Jul 6th, 2016 at 10:01pm:
The Last Cab to Darwin..

Mmm. I saw that was on the other night and thought it might be a bit "emotional" ........

Anyone watching the KETTERING INCIDENT on Foxtel's Showcase Channel? Made in Tassie.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 30
Send Topic Print