Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 30
Send Topic Print
Your latest movie review...!!! (Read 70538 times)
Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Re: Your latest movie review...!!!
Reply #240 - Apr 3rd, 2016 at 1:37pm

Splendor in the Grass

Warren Beatty & Natalie Wood

A great movie about how deep love can be, if you haven't seen it, I highly recommend this one.

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #241 - Apr 3rd, 2016 at 1:44pm

Ajax wrote on Apr 3rd, 2016 at 1:37pm:

Splendor in the Grass

A great movie about how deep love can be, if you haven't seen it, I highly recommend this one.

Yuk.

An entire movie devoted to shagging in a cow pasture somewhere.

Boooooorinngggggg ....

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #242 - Apr 3rd, 2016 at 1:46pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Apr 3rd, 2016 at 1:44pm:

Splendor in the Grass

Yuk.

Boooooorinngggggg ....

Its obvious you haven't seen it Herbie, is this some form of payback....???

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #243 - Apr 3rd, 2016 at 2:03pm

Ajax wrote on Apr 3rd, 2016 at 1:46pm:
Lord Herbert wrote on Apr 3rd, 2016 at 1:44pm:

Splendor in the Grass

Yuk.

Boooooorinngggggg ....

Its obvious you haven't seen it Herbie, is this some form of payback....???

It's a woman's movie.

I was forced to see it in around 1961 - 62.

It allowed me to catch up on some sleep.

You haven't told us everything about yourself, have you Ajax?  Cool It's okay - we're a very tolerant bunch here as Karnal will testify.

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #244 - Apr 3rd, 2016 at 2:17pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Apr 3rd, 2016 at 2:03pm:
You haven't told us everything about yourself, have you Ajax?  Cool It's okay - we're a very tolerant bunch here as Karnal will testify.

Sure you did Herbie, you sly old pomy bustard.

This is pay back for the yellow peril, I expected as much.... Grin

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #245 - Apr 3rd, 2016 at 2:22pm

Ajax wrote on Apr 3rd, 2016 at 2:17pm:
Lord Herbert wrote on Apr 3rd, 2016 at 2:03pm:

Sure you did Herbie, you sly old pomy bustard.

This is pay back for the yellow peril, I expected as much.... Grin

Grin Grin

Don't mind me, Ajax - I'm just havin' a lend of ya.

IP Logged

stryder
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #246 - May 16th, 2016 at 8:22pm

THE HOWLING

damn great b grade horror movie, one of the true classics of the b grade horror flicks of the glorious 80s, with those old school practical effects which gave meaning to SPECIAL EFFECTS, it has hyper sexuality and lots of werewolves that would make sushi out of you with there claws and teeth and dine on you if you get ambushed, lol

« Last Edit: May 16th, 2016 at 8:33pm by stryder »  

IP Logged

stryder
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #247 - May 16th, 2016 at 8:46pm

I enjoy reading the pulp trash of ufology, I call it trash now, because I'm older and wiser and I know people make an industry outa things like paranormal stuff like UFOs and alien abductions, but as a kid I was young and quite impressionable so the UFO crap was easily digestable to a mind like mine who loved astronomy and reading and watching information about aliens, while the travis Walton abduction was bullshit, it is quite an entertaining one, that will leave you in suspension of belief for a little while UNTIL YOU GOOGLE IT, lol

Not a bad movie at all, its quite good
« Last Edit: May 16th, 2016 at 10:16pm by stryder »  

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #248 - May 28th, 2016 at 7:07pm

James Stewart Donna Reed

I'm getting old, saw this movie playing on tv many times when I was young but always flicked the channel never watched it until today.

Well its probably one of the best movies I've seen.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #249 - May 29th, 2016 at 3:27am

These final hours

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this movie yet. But I thought that this was a movie that was a pleasant surprise for someone like me. Basically, the movie surrounds the events of an apocalyptic disaster about to happen. The disaster being that a meteor has hit the Earth, and has resulted in a firestorm that is slowly engulfing the planet.

The protagonists in this film involve a young, self-obsessed man (James), and a young girl (Rose). James meets the young Rose by accident, during James' attempt to get to his friends' "End of the world" party. By intervention from James, Rose is rescued from an attempted gang-rape. Together, they journey for the party, with Rose hoping that someone will help her get to her aunty's place to be with her father. Although James is reluctant at first to help her, he is increasingly realising that he could redeem himself as a person by helping Rose get back to her father before it is too late.

I did not expect much from this movie. However, I was happy to be proven wrong, with the storyline giving an engaging experience. You do feel some emotion of wanting to protect Rose (played by Angourie Rice). And though you do feel some resentment to James (played by Nathan Phillips), you do forgive him by the end of the movie. For the rest of the movie, it is an interesting account of how people would spend their lives for the last day on Earth.

I would warn that there are scenes of strong violence, language, and sexual scenes. So, if you can get passed watching something as violent as "Natural Born Killers", you should be fine with this movie.

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #250 - Jun 9th, 2016 at 9:02pm

Nina Vardalos John Corbett

Not as good as the first one but I still got a laugh out of it.

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #251 - Jun 9th, 2016 at 9:05pm

Sacha Baron Cohen, Mark Strong

This one really tickled my sense of humour, lots of laughs.

Highly recommend this one.

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #252 - Jun 12th, 2016 at 1:38pm

Splendor in the Grass

Since this is about movies and actors/actresses.....I am so glad you mentioned Natalie Wood.....only just recently, having been to California and went to see the "Famous Hollywood Walk", I found it more fascinating to see the older actors and actresses (since there were less crowds around them!!)
Natalie was one of those I actually went down on the concrete to compare my hand size, and incredibly, small like mine, but, her feet were even smaller, tiny in fact.
The sad thing about Natalie (she was one of my faves at the time), is how she drowned. It still seems a mystery I think.
Another one that fascinated me for sizing was Danny Kay, how small his feet were (and I am a ladies size 8)....he and I had the same size feet!

It just brings to life when you can see these hand and foot prints of our great actors/actresses from the past.
I recommend anyone to go and do that famous walk, so many to see, and compare with, and all their quotes, for instance, Clint Eastwood wrote "You make my day"...

Here are some pics of my comparing myself to Natalie and Danny, just out of interest for this thread  Smiley

« Last Edit: Jun 12th, 2016 at 1:48pm by Sophia »  

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #253 - Jun 12th, 2016 at 2:16pm

Yeah, I agree her death was mysterious.

Like many of these stars she probably had taken some sort of drug, it always gets you in the end.

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #254 - Jun 14th, 2016 at 9:34pm

If I recall at the time, Ajax, there was alcohol in the mix of all this, and I found this article very interesting reading, from the Coroner and all the findings and markings on her body to suggest the dinghy, and her heavy water logged jacket, and the high alcohol level in her blood which wouldn't help her to think clearly, and the hyperthermia from the cold water wouldn't help much either. This report of how she got all the bruises explains how she tried to get back into the dinghy etc.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/the-lineup/what-really-happened-the_b_8594972.html

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 30
Send Topic Print