Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 30
Send Topic Print
Your latest movie review...!!! (Read 70540 times)
Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Re: Your latest movie review...!!!
Reply #150 - Jun 7th, 2015 at 10:27am

How the second world war affects the people on the island of Kefalonia.

A must see in my opinion.

Captain Corelli's Mandolin
Nicolas Cage
Penelope Cruz
John Hurt
Christian Bale
« Last Edit: Jun 7th, 2015 at 11:21am by Ajax »  

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #151 - Jun 7th, 2015 at 11:10am

Corelli's Mandolin is an excellent novel also. never quite understood why they thought it was necessary to add Captain.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #152 - Jun 12th, 2015 at 10:34pm

Jurassic World

Very much like a sequel to Jurassic Park, and ignore very much the events of The Lost World and Jurassic Park 3. But again, you are frustrated at how casually they ignore the safety and security of park and tourists whilst having an inadequate security team that gets wiped out within a few minutes of things starting to go wrong.

Chris Pratt makes a good making of a lead actor, whilst the other actors are rather plain and make well for extras. The children, as usual, get themselves into mischief, and it's difficult to feel sorry for them. Though they are smart enough to handle their situation -- with luck. Bryce Dallas Howard makes for good eye candy, but is clearly playing a character that doesn't belong in an animal park.... anywhere. She is more like some kind of failing businesswoman trying to protect the interests of a unique park, where visitor numbers realistically should remain strong. Kind of akin to going out of business because you are the only supplier of cold water at a marathon, but people want you to add gatorade.

When I saw the trailer with the raptors interacting with Owen, I thought it was the dumbest thing ever. The motorcycling scene seemed very fake, and you could let yourself reason that it was a green screen with Pratt on some motorcycle indoors looking as if the clock for his turn on the ride was about to finish. But the rest of the scene looked pretty good, and not as corny as I made the initial scene seem.

You can see the ending from a mile off, because you hadn't seen much of the contenders before. And it ended kind of corny, followed by the cliched victory call. But you have to wonder how hungry dinosaurs get every day. Because if I was a dinosaur, I would probably take a break after consuming my third security personnel for the day.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #153 - Jun 14th, 2015 at 7:17pm

Have been watching a few 'space' movies lately.
As is my wont.

"The Europa Report" is quite good. 4/5

"Moon" has a very good story. 4/5

"solaris", slow moving. Good story but too 'deep' 2/5

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #154 - Jun 30th, 2015 at 12:47am

Terminator Genysis

I believe that it is one of those movies that you should see more than once at the cinema. But it is definitely not as good as T2. Terminator 2 was a well paced movie that allowed for scenes of action, followed by a release of tension scenes. Terminator Genysis was a movie that seemed very rushed. As if the director and crew were trying to fit as much information as it can into a movie. It seemed a bit insulting to the audience, with unexplained and unnecessary dialogue to push the plot along. Reese didn't seem to take too allying with the T-800 at all, except with the final scenes.

Jai Courtney was a good Reese, but could have had a darker attitude. Particularly, when I saw early trailers that made him look bad ass. Jason Clarke seemed out of place in a Terminator movie. And his T-3000 character (or whatever it was) seemed more about playing a narcissistic Terminator, more concerned about reprimanding his enemies, than about killing them when he clearly didn't need them. Of course, Arnold seemed to have phoned his performance in here, and he is definitely not the same guy that enthused over T3. 67 years old, you can only expect so much from a guy who has had heart surgery, and is probably developing some kind of alzheimers. I guess he did okay.

Overall, I suppose this movie ranks as the third best of the franchise. I rank T2, T1, and TG as the top ranking, respectively. Though, I would have liked to have seen this movie made about 10 years earlier, under different circumstances. But I'm satisfied with the outcome of the movie.

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #155 - Jul 4th, 2015 at 10:38pm

I think someone already mentioned about the latest Mad Max?
Went to see it, and the big mistake we made, was going to the Gold Class, with a nice relaxed lay back seating arrangement!
Not for this movie, it kept the pace going, an edge of the seat stuff. I found I couldn't stay relaxed in the reclined position much, had to sit up and feel all the 'eeks and ouches' in this high action packed movie.

The hubby thinks there was only about 20 seconds of calmness in the movie overall  Grin

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #156 - Jul 4th, 2015 at 11:22pm

Sophia wrote on Jul 4th, 2015 at 10:38pm:
The hubby thinks there was only about 20 seconds of calmness in the movie overall  Grin

I think that was the point where they were hosing the mud off themselves. Kind of sensual. But yes, was one of the calm scenes.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #157 - Aug 6th, 2015 at 7:00am

Hubby keeps wanting to take me to the movies.

I keep saying no.

Why?

There's nothing really worth seeing IMO.

Am I wrong?

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #158 - Aug 8th, 2015 at 2:39pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Aug 6th, 2015 at 7:00am:
Hubby keeps wanting to take me to the movies.

I keep saying no.

Why?

There's nothing really worth seeing IMO.

Am I wrong?

It just depends on what type of movies you like, sometimes there may be nothing that takes my interest to go to the movies, and then, something does take my interest, and I like to go see it on the big screen with surround sound etc.
Most of the other times, I wait for it to come on DVD and then hire it from them DVD kiosks for about $4 each.
Just had a promotional thing, where I could hire 3 dvds for nothing, and I got these 3 movies, which I will give my opinion on

Fifty shades of grey.
American Sniper.
What we did on our holidays.

Fifty shades of Grey, I heard mixed opinions, my son and his gf went to the movies to see it, and said it was crap, with a crap ending...I never read any of the books either, so I was very open minded about what it would be about, although I knew it had sexual overtones in it....well, my opinion, I thought the movie was intriguing and yes, the ending did leave one hanging to know what happens next, so I told my son, there are 2 other books following, so that means, there will be sequels to this first movie.....I guess from a psychological viewpoint, I was interested in this to see why Christian Grey was the person he was...and bit by bit, it gets revealed, as Ana seemingly curious, wanted to find out more, and would plunge more and more into his dark world.
Don't want to say much more and give away too much for those that haven't read the book or seen the movie......

American Sniper I wanted to see this because the son said he watched it and said it was a true story, he didn't give much away, so since I could hire it for nicks, both hubby and I watched this, and it really did get me thinking very much about war, and why did the yanks go to Afghan and stay there, and then, in the end, I won't say what, but actual footage is shown at the end.
It also shows just how war can effect those that go in such a way, not only physically, but mentally....being a true life story, it had more to do with the reality of what they filmed.....I dare many to watch it, and see if they are not moved by this movie.

What we did on our holidaysI had absolutely no idea what this was about, but it looked light hearted and a bit funny.....and didn't realize Billy Connolly was in the movie as the grand-dad...and those 3 kids, were brilliant little actors, and the lines they had to remember, and so innocent and endearing...but with quite a bit of a seemingly strange twist at the end as the kids take matters into their own hands, on the beach....thoroughly enjoyed this movie.

Well there you have it, 3 reviews in the one posting  Cool

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #159 - Aug 8th, 2015 at 2:52pm

I may have mentioned this movie before,

Far From The Madding Crowd based on the famous novel by Thomas Hardy

A lovely movie you will all enjoy...A classic love story

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #160 - Aug 8th, 2015 at 4:26pm

Bubba Zanetti wrote on Oct 23rd, 2014 at 6:17pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Oct 23rd, 2014 at 6:11pm:
Bubba Zanetti wrote on Oct 23rd, 2014 at 6:08pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Oct 23rd, 2014 at 6:05pm:
Bubba Zanetti wrote on Oct 23rd, 2014 at 6:02pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Oct 23rd, 2014 at 5:59pm:
Bubba Zanetti wrote on Oct 23rd, 2014 at 5:57pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Oct 23rd, 2014 at 5:56pm:
Redmond Neck wrote on Oct 23rd, 2014 at 5:52pm:
Not a recent one but a favourite

The Shawshank Redemption

In 1946, a banker named Andy Dufresne (Tim Robbins) is convicted of a double murder, even though he stubbornly proclaims his innocence. He's sentenced to a life term at the Shawshank State Prison in Maine, where another lifer, Ellis "Red" Redding (Morgan Freeman), picks him as the new recruit most likely to crack under the pressure. The ugly realities of prison life are quickly introduced to Andy: a corrupt warden (Bob Gunton), sadistic guards led by Capt. Byron Hadley

No matter how many times it's shown on TV, I still watch it.

Stephen King at his peak.

I thought you looked down on poor crimo types?

I look down on criminals.

I don't look down on the poor.

Andy wasn't poor, and he was innocent of the crime.

What was that about Western Sydney and wife beaters?

I've seen a lot of western Sydney men wearing wife beaters.

Haven't you?

Didn't your Dad wear one?

So you sit down and cry over the poor cons in Shawshank Redemption but secretly you think all poor males are cons?

No, and no.

Any other questions?

So write you write on here is not how you feel? You make comments and then back away from them?

No, and no.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #161 - Aug 8th, 2015 at 4:29pm

"Attack The Block"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1478964/

Appalling.  One of the worst movies I've ever seen.

It's right down there with 'Cloverfield'.

IP Logged

LifeOrDeath
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #162 - Aug 8th, 2015 at 4:39pm

Sophia wrote on Jul 4th, 2015 at 10:38pm:
I think someone already mentioned about the latest Mad Max?
Went to see it, and the big mistake we made, was going to the Gold Class, with a nice relaxed lay back seating arrangement!
Not for this movie, it kept the pace going, an edge of the seat stuff. I found I couldn't stay relaxed in the reclined position much, had to sit up and feel all the 'eeks and ouches' in this high action packed movie.

I haven't seen the latest MadMax yet I might give it a go I haven't read many reviews.

I saw Tomorrowland and thought it was fun and not a bad movie.

There is no evidence of the existence of a muslim,mohammed,or quran until 60 years  after mohammed was supposed to have died. Grin Grin Grin Posting on islam just encourages them and is a waste of time.

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #163 - Sep 13th, 2015 at 10:38am

I saw the latest Mad Max movie, if I was 18 I would have walked out of the cinema saying it was a great movie action packed and non stop.

Being a little older now it was ok but I will never watch it again. Smiley

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #164 - Sep 13th, 2015 at 1:54pm

Like that of music, the movie industry is aimed at the crowd between 15 and 22. Apparently, that is where the money is today. Similarly, the most lucrative market for fiction writers is Fantasy. Whatever, just fill it with big explosions, car chases, or people with blue skin and you have a blockbuster.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 30
Send Topic Print