Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
George Orwell warned us about this. (Read 323 times)
Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Re: George Orwell warned us about this.
Reply #30 - Oct 23rd, 2014 at 9:04am

ImSpartacus2 wrote on Oct 23rd, 2014 at 7:41am:
Was he penalised (in a formal way I mean? My recollection (and I could very well be wrong) ... [/quote]

Oh surely not. Don't be so modest.

... is that pyne insisted on keeping him on.

Good man.

What the prof said by way of humorous irony in a private message was very mild indeed compared to Australia's former Grand Mufti on the subject of Muslim rape gangs, Jews, and western women dressing up to look like exposed cat's meat.

But then again, the Prof isn't a Muslim ~ and he's a white Christian type, and so the Lefties feel free to crucify him as ISIS is doing over there in Syria and Iraq.

My personal advice to the professor would be to unveil himself as being a raging cross-dressing homosexual with an aboriginal great grandmother, and to have been a member of the Australian Communist Party.

Just stand back and watch the Pamplona stampede of luvvies rallying to his defence.

« Last Edit: Oct 23rd, 2014 at 1:41pm by Lord Herbert »  

IP Logged

ImSpartacus2
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - Oct 23rd, 2014 at 12:51pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Oct 23rd, 2014 at 9:04am:
Was he penalised (in a formal way I mean? My recollection (and I could very well be wrong) ...

Oh surely not. Don't be so modest.

Translation, there was no penalty and like your Pat Condell mate you distort the truth and then complain about what a poor victim you are. It'sd pathetic to watch.  Be an adult and have to courage to face up to some criticism when its due to you.  That prof deserved what was sad of him and IMO he's not suitable to be deciding what school children should be learning. 

... is that pyne insisted on keeping him on.

Good man.

Herb, I make this promise to you.  If you distort my quotes one more time I will flood this forum with similar distortions of your writings

What the prof said by way of humorous irony in a private message was very mild indeed compared to Australia's former Grand Mufti on the subject of Muslim rape gangs, Jews, and western women dressing up to look like exposed cat's meat.

Your opinion that this man's statements were mild compared to someone else is entirely irrelevant. Herb, we have all had enough exposure to your double standard racism to know that if that prof accused abbott of being a jew lover and called whites, jews and christians similar derogatory names as he did, you would have been the first to be screaming that he should never be on a panel to decided school children's curriculum.

But then again, the Prof isn't a Muslim ~ and he's a white Christian type, and so the Lefties feel free to crucify him as ISIS is doing over there in Syria and Iraq.

My personal advice to the professor would be to unveil himself as being a raging cross-dressing homosexual with an aboriginal great grandmother, and to have been a member of the Australian Communist Party.

Just stand back and watch the Pamplona stampede of luvvies rally to his defence.

[/quote]

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #32 - Oct 23rd, 2014 at 1:51pm

You're taking yourself far too seriously, ImSparticus.

You're even taking me far too seriously.

You must be very young.

Nothing you or I say will ever make a smidgen of difference to the way this planet continues to spin.

You and I are just fleeting shadows on the toilet wall of Life.

Here's a piece by Barry Humphries about the good professor.

Barry Spurr case shows new puritanism is alive and well

The Australian
    October 21, 2014 12:00AM

Comment by Barry Humphries:

"HAS Australia gone slightly mad? I read in the London press of some poor professor in Sydney who has been persecuted and suspended for sending emails to a friend in which he employs outrageous vernacular epithets for race which would be offensive if they were not so clearly jocular.

His reported response to the storm in a teacup which followed this revelation is, unsurprisingly, bewilderment. How could anyone take such deliberate touretting seriously? The answer, I fear, is that there are a lot of Australians these days who are totally bereft of a sense of humour. The new puritanism is alive, well and powerful.

Not long ago some poor guy was actually prosecuted for saying that the Aboriginal welfare services were sometimes exploited by faux Aborigines, even though we knew it was true.

Recently, I announced that when I curate next year’s Adelaide cabaret festival I will ban the F-word, and there was a howl of protest, indeed outrage, particularly from comedians. What kind of comedians were they, do you suppose? Why, comedians with no sense of humour of course! Or comedians whose stand-ups would be meaningless if deprived of one over-used word.

We really ought to be aware of this malignant brand of cultural fascism, and restore our reputation as a funny country before it’s too late".

IP Logged

|dev|null
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - Oct 23rd, 2014 at 1:56pm

cods wrote on Oct 22nd, 2014 at 7:00am:
this business of emails and privacy ..will be the cause of more trouble if one sent a letter to someone to whom does the letter belong...

and email is the same thing.. it is sent somewhere...therefore it doesnt belong to you anymore does it??????????????????????????..

unless you start everyone with ..

without prejudice...it can be used against you cant it????

He sent the emails from his work computer.

Under Australian law, the emails belong to his employer as they own the equipment that they are sent on and stored on.

He would have been expected to sign an agreement covering what the University considered acceptable internet and email behaviour.  It would have covered what was considered unacceptable language.

He broke that agreement and is now paying the price.  He case against the website which published the emails will, I predict fail because he doesn't own the emails.   His privacy was not breached.  The University's was.  He'll want to try and get the University to sue and I predict the University will just want the whole thing to go away and will eventually sack him as having broken his employment contract.

That he has obviously racist attitudes towards Indigenes Australians must raise questions as to how fair his review of the Schools Curriculum was, when he suggested that Indigenous authors should be downplayed and ignored.  Poisonous Pyne won't 'cause he basically agrees with that view.  Euroists!    Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin

"Pens and books are the weapons that defeat terrorism." - Malala Yousefzai, 2013.

"we will never ever solve violence while we grasp for overly simplistic solutions."
Freediver, 2007.

IP Logged

Postmodern Trendoid III
Gold Member

Reply #34 - Oct 23rd, 2014 at 7:30pm

|dev|null wrote on Oct 23rd, 2014 at 1:56pm:
He sent the emails from his work computer.

Under Australian law, the emails belong to his employer as they own the equipment that they are sent on and stored on.

He would have been expected to sign an agreement covering what the University considered acceptable internet and email behaviour.  It would have covered what was considered unacceptable language.

He broke that agreement and is now paying the price.  He case against the website which published the emails will, I predict fail because he doesn't own the emails.   His privacy was not breached.  The University's was.  He'll want to try and get the University to sue and I predict the University will just want the whole thing to go away and will eventually sack him as having broken his employment contract.

That he has obviously racist attitudes towards Indigenes Australians must raise questions as to how fair his review of the Schools Curriculum was, when he suggested that Indigenous authors should be downplayed and ignored.  Poisonous Pyne won't 'cause he basically agrees with that view.  Euroists!    Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin

How about we bring to light the e-mails of the "progressive" academics? What Spurr said would be mild compared to the racial and ethnic hatred sprouted by them.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #35 - Oct 23rd, 2014 at 9:26pm

Some people rob you with a six-gun - others rob you with a fountain pen...

Every ideologically driven murder in history was touted by those who organised it as 'necessary for the greater good'...  I've cited for you the very real dangers of Socio-Fascism and the very real violent and brutal manner in which it goes about securing its objectives while itself touting its adherents as the 'victims' who need protection etc, much the same as Hitler touted the Sudeten Germans as an oppressed minority who needed the protection of the Reich... same thing applied to Stalin and his endless murders..... and the Chinese at Tienanmen Square... all for the protection of the people of the truly democratic republic ....

Not one thing new under the sun......

Beware of ideological freaks bearing grift.......

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

ImSpartacus2
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - Oct 23rd, 2014 at 9:51pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Oct 23rd, 2014 at 1:51pm:
You're taking yourself far too seriously, ImSparticus.

You're even taking me far too seriously.

You must be very young.

Nothing you or I say will ever make a smidgen of difference to the way this planet continues to spin.

You and I are just fleeting shadows on the toilet wall of Life.

Here's a piece by Barry Humphries about the good professor.

Barry Spurr case shows new puritanism is alive and well

The Australian
    October 21, 2014 12:00AM

Comment by Barry Humphries:

"HAS Australia gone slightly mad? I read in the London press of some poor professor in Sydney who has been persecuted and suspended for sending emails to a friend in which he employs outrageous vernacular epithets for race which would be offensive if they were not so clearly jocular.

His reported response to the storm in a teacup which followed this revelation is, unsurprisingly, bewilderment. How could anyone take such deliberate touretting seriously? The answer, I fear, is that there are a lot of Australians these days who are totally bereft of a sense of humour. The new puritanism is alive, well and powerful.

Not long ago some poor guy was actually prosecuted for saying that the Aboriginal welfare services were sometimes exploited by faux Aborigines, even though we knew it was true.

Recently, I announced that when I curate next year’s Adelaide cabaret festival I will ban the F-word, and there was a howl of protest, indeed outrage, particularly from comedians. What kind of comedians were they, do you suppose? Why, comedians with no sense of humour of course! Or comedians whose stand-ups would be meaningless if deprived of one over-used word.

We really ought to be aware of this malignant brand of cultural fascism, and restore our reputation as a funny country before it’s too late".

Oh what a cop out. There is hardly a post of yours on this forum that isn't' a slur on muslims or ME peoples and now you want to tell us you're not serious. You're sounding like Spurr himself. As for Barry Humphries he's a good entertainer but I dont turn to him for advice on these matter.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #37 - Oct 24th, 2014 at 12:32am

Postmodern Trendoid III wrote on Oct 23rd, 2014 at 7:30pm:
How about we bring to light the e-mails of the "progressive" academics? What Spurr said would be mild compared to the racial and ethnic hatred sprouted by them.

Really?  You have evidence to support that claim?   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #38 - Oct 24th, 2014 at 12:33am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Oct 23rd, 2014 at 9:26pm:
Socio-Fascism

What's that when it's at home?   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Postmodern Trendoid III
Gold Member

Reply #39 - Oct 24th, 2014 at 4:30am

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 24th, 2014 at 12:32am:
Postmodern Trendoid III wrote on Oct 23rd, 2014 at 7:30pm:

Really?  You have evidence to support that claim?   Roll Eyes

Having been in the academe since 2003 I have witnessed their hate with my eyes many times, but not on their e-mail. I can imagine their e-mails would be filled with hatred toward whites and Jews.

Maybe we should get every academic in the Humanities, Social Sciences, Law, and Environment departments to expose their e-mails to the public. What have they got to hide, right?

IP Logged

Phemanderac
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #40 - Oct 24th, 2014 at 5:43am

So the short, honest and academically credible answer is....

No.

On the 26th of January you are all invited to celebrate little white penal day...

"They're not rules as such, more like guidelines" Pirates of the Caribbean..

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #41 - Oct 24th, 2014 at 5:48am

ImSpartacus2 wrote on Oct 23rd, 2014 at 9:51pm:
Oh what a cop out. There is hardly a post of yours on this forum that isn't' a slur on muslims

I thought you would have worked it out by now that this forum board is managed and owned by someone whose only interest is discussing Islam from the point of view of stripping away the PR bullshit about it.

Have you told him yet how much you disapprove of his attitude of 'slurring' Muslims?

Have you thought of finding a forum board that's more suited to your pacifist naivety about these subjects?

Have you thought about actually addressing the things being said by myself and others as an alternative to having nothing to say in response except throwing little ad hominem tantrums?

I'm 'slurring' Muslims? Why don't you in future pick me up on what I actually say? Tell me where I and others are wrong?

We have prime ministers and presidents, and the international media all trying to bullshit us that what we're seeing on the news services every day of the year has "Nothing to do with Islam".

To some of us this is highly irritating for being the cowardly lie that it is, and being taken for fools is not to our liking.

Is it any wonder that some us, including a very few independent commentators in the media, feel the need to expose this bullshit for what it is?

The people who most 'slur' Muslims are Muslims themselves. They simply can't stay out of the news, day in day out, for crime and religious violence.

For as long as they keep making the news ~ we'll keep talking about them.
« Last Edit: Oct 24th, 2014 at 6:14am by Lord Herbert »  

IP Logged

ImSpartacus2
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #42 - Oct 24th, 2014 at 8:51am

Lord Herbert wrote on Oct 24th, 2014 at 5:48am:
I'm 'slurring' Muslims
Well finally an admission or were you just joking.   

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #43 - Oct 24th, 2014 at 11:00am

ImSpartacus2 wrote on Oct 24th, 2014 at 8:51am:
I'm 'slurring' Muslims

My new policy is not to respond to one-liners.

This ignores 99% of the trolling on this board.

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #44 - Oct 24th, 2014 at 11:05am

Lord Herbert wrote on Oct 24th, 2014 at 11:00am:
ImSpartacus2 wrote on Oct 24th, 2014 at 8:51am:
I'm 'slurring' Muslims

My new policy is not to respond to one-liners.

This ignores 99% of the trolling on this board.

Interesting policy

So you have to respond to this then Wink

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print