Pages: 1 2 3 ... 9
Send Topic Print
Anti-vaccinationists (Read 8841 times)
|dev|null
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Anti-vaccinationists
Oct 17th, 2014 at 3:54pm

So, when they develop a vaccine for Ebola, I take it all those who are anti-vaccination won't be having it?   Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy

"Pens and books are the weapons that defeat terrorism." - Malala Yousefzai, 2013.

"we will never ever solve violence while we grasp for overly simplistic solutions."
Freediver, 2007.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Re: Anti-vaccinationists
Reply #1 - Oct 17th, 2014 at 8:06pm

I've often wondered how the anti-Vaccinationists explain away the destruction of Smallpox, the near destruction of Polio and Measles, as well as other diseases.    Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

gone
Gold Member

Australian Politics

somewhere
Reply #2 - Oct 18th, 2014 at 3:47am

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 17th, 2014 at 8:06pm:
I've often wondered how the anti-Vaccinationists explain away the destruction of Smallpox, the near destruction of Polio and Measles, as well as other diseases.    Roll Eyes

Because all these diseases come from animals. Pests, insects etc.  We live much cleaner nowadays than 200 years ago. People used to have a lot more lice, bedbugs, pests, rats around the house and in the cellars, spoiling the foods etc. etc. And no flushing toilet, plenty of feces in their surroundings. All vaccines are a scam. They have moved trillions of dollars of taxpayer's money worldwide to a handful of pharma giants. 

But they haven't brought out a malaria vaccine  Wink To make a malaria vaccine scam work, they would first have to provide all Africans with quality housing and mosquito nets so people wouldn't get bitten much anymore. Only then malaria would start to disappear and then they could bring out the malaria vaccine and start claiming it was the vaccine that got rid of malaria. But providing all Africans with quality housing would cost them too much money   Wink More money than they would make from the vaccine scam. That's why there is no malaria vaccine.  Wink

We also have no dengue fever vaccine. In Australia we just have a little bit of dengue fever because almost all people have mosquito nets. In the poorer regions in Asia (where many people have no mosquito nets), they have much more dengue. It's all a matter of wealth and quality of living, cleanliness. They pharma giants know this so well, they just keep lying to the sheeple to keep the billions flowing.

Anti-Vaccinationist is not a word. If you choose not to eat Mc Donalds because you believe it's bad for you, then are you an anti-McDonaldist???  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

gone
Gold Member

Australian Politics

somewhere
Reply #3 - Oct 18th, 2014 at 3:52am

And in India they still have Lepra. A disease that was common in Europe too in the older days. Lepra comes from drinking water contaminated with human feces = Poverty.

You mentioned smallpox. It comes from bedbugs.

IP Logged

The Heartless Felon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Oct 18th, 2014 at 7:23am

There you go Brian, all sorted...

IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #5 - Oct 18th, 2014 at 10:12am

A hastily conceived and poorly tested strain of the most vile disease the world has ever known injected into your bloodstream?

Sounds Great.  Where do I sign up?

In the fullness of time...

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #6 - Oct 18th, 2014 at 11:02am

gone wrote on Oct 18th, 2014 at 3:52am:

Not exactly.
Smallpox is spread the same way as ebola - contact with infected bodily fluids (such as a cough or a sneeze) or contaminated objects like bedding and clothing.
Modern first world hygiene does reduce the risk of contamination but as we have seen from the infected health care workers in the US, it is far from perfect.

Quote:
Smallpox eradication was accomplished with a combination of focused surveillance—quickly identifying new smallpox cases—and ring vaccination. “Ring vaccination” meant that anyone who could have been exposed to a smallpox patient was tracked down and vaccinated as quickly as possible, effectively corralling the disease and preventing its further spread. The last case of wild smallpox occurred in Somalia in 1977.

http://www.historyofvaccines.org/content/articles/disease-eradication

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #7 - Oct 18th, 2014 at 3:43pm

gone wrote on Oct 18th, 2014 at 3:47am:
Anti-Vaccinationist is not a word. If you choose not to eat Mc Donalds because you believe it's bad for you, then are you an anti-McDonaldist???  Roll Eyes

If you are against something, you are anti-something. Depending on whether you tolerate it or not.

IP Logged

Freedumb
Gold Member

Australian Politics

WA
Reply #8 - Oct 18th, 2014 at 3:59pm

I've never had a flu vaccine, I'm doing quite well. I know people who have had flu vaccines and seem to get sick quite often.. and for weeks on end. Yes, I am well aware that the whole point of flu vaccines is to make you  sick so your immune system is stronger, etc.

I work in a very germy place, so going by that logic, I don't need to get vaccinated  Wink

An ebola vaccine is really unnecessary at the moment, and would only come into existence in the event that the disease becomes a worldwide epidemic. If measures are taken to prevent this from happening, we won't see a need for an ebola vaccine, will we? Only for those who decide to go over there and "help".

Nothing would be what it is,
Because everything would be what it isn't.
And contrary-wise - what it is, it wouldn't be.
And what it wouldn't be, it would.
You see?

- Lewis Carroll

IP Logged

gone
Gold Member

Australian Politics

somewhere
Reply #9 - Oct 18th, 2014 at 7:09pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Oct 18th, 2014 at 3:43pm:

If you are against something, you are anti-something. Depending on whether you tolerate it or not.

You wrongly assume that all people who CHOOSE not to take vaccines are AGAINST it. What do you mean by AGAINST it? I just choose NOT to put it into MY body.  I'm not against Mc Rubbish (Donalds) too. If people wanna eat that crap, let them.

IP Logged

gone
Gold Member

Australian Politics

somewhere
Reply #10 - Oct 18th, 2014 at 7:18pm

The_Barnacle wrote on Oct 18th, 2014 at 11:02am:

Not exactly.
Smallpox is spread the same way as ebola - contact with infected bodily fluids (such as a cough or a sneeze) or contaminated objects like bedding and clothing.
Modern first world hygiene does reduce the risk of contamination but as we have seen from the infected health care workers in the US, it is far from perfect.

Quote:
Smallpox eradication was accomplished with a combination of focused surveillance—quickly identifying new smallpox cases—and ring vaccination. “Ring vaccination” meant that anyone who could have been exposed to a smallpox patient was tracked down and vaccinated as quickly as possible, effectively corralling the disease and preventing its further spread. The last case of wild smallpox occurred in Somalia in 1977.

[url]http://www.historyofvaccines.org/content/articles/disease-eradication[/url]

Oh, forget about that link. That website is most likely sponsored by the pharma industry.  Grin

Google "smallpox + bedbugs". There is loads of independent information on that.

IP Logged

Freedumb
Gold Member

Australian Politics

WA
Reply #11 - Oct 18th, 2014 at 8:33pm

gone wrote on Oct 18th, 2014 at 7:18pm:
The_Barnacle wrote on Oct 18th, 2014 at 11:02am:

Not exactly.

Quote:

[url]http://www.historyofvaccines.org/content/articles/disease-eradication[/url]

Oh, forget about that link. That website is most likely sponsored by the pharma industry.  Grin

Google "smallpox + bedbugs". There is loads of independent information on that.

People don't trust "independent" information around here.  Wink

Nothing would be what it is,
Because everything would be what it isn't.
And contrary-wise - what it is, it wouldn't be.
And what it wouldn't be, it would.
You see?

- Lewis Carroll

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #12 - Oct 18th, 2014 at 9:09pm

gone wrote on Oct 18th, 2014 at 7:09pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on Oct 18th, 2014 at 3:43pm:

You wrongly assume that all people who CHOOSE not to take vaccines are AGAINST it. What do you mean by AGAINST it? I just choose NOT to put it into MY body.  I'm not against Mc Rubbish (Donalds) too. If people wanna eat that crap, let them.

Perhaps I could have worded my post better into one sentence. I mean that people who are against getting/giving vaccinations are anti-vaccination, dependent on their level of toleration. Though you may tolerate other people doing something, the fact that you wouldn't do something like that yourself would make you anti-something. Does not mean that you are actively trying to stop others doing it.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #13 - Oct 19th, 2014 at 12:37am

I see no explanation for why Smallpox has been eliminated from those third world nations which don't have first world sanitation but where mass vaccination campaigns have been mounted. 

Vaccines have beaten back global diseases such as smallpox and polio

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #14 - Oct 19th, 2014 at 12:39am

The Heartless Felon wrote on Oct 18th, 2014 at 7:23am:
There you go Brian, all sorted...

Thanks.  I think...   Roll Eyes

The anti-Vaccinationists are really, really, scary.  They'd be happy to see the return of epidemics and even worse pandemics of diseases which we have eliminated or at least brought under some form of control.   They gallop back to the dark ages.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 9
Send Topic Print