Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
How Stupid Do You Have To Be (Read 3911 times)
longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: How Stupid Do You Have To Be
Reply #30 - Oct 18th, 2014 at 6:21pm

cods wrote on Oct 18th, 2014 at 5:42pm:
longweekend58 wrote on Oct 18th, 2014 at 8:36am:
what garbage.  RICH people largely buy according to price just as everyone else does.  NO ONE will pay $3000 for the aussie made fridge compared to the $900 imported one.  ANd the assumption that imports are crap is wrong too.  Chinese goods are mainly junk, but Japanese and german are not.

rich people .. that to me is the James Packers..and somehow I dont see him with the $900 fridge..

looks have an amazing effect on the wealthy..

look at the homes they live in.. no ex govy for them I bet..

look at the cars they drive or the yachts  I bet their yacht is twice as nice as yours??..

it goes without saying..if you buy  well.... sadly usually imported expensive  pair of shoes.. they feel and wear much better than a cheap pair of imported shoes...

do we still make shoes in this country??..

anyway I think the whole thing is a lot more complex than what people spend their money on..a lot has got to do with value for money..

if a bank if offering better interest rates..than your bank will ever offer... who wouldnt take it up...its common sense..

the cheaper car usually has less.. gizmos less shine or extras  I dont care what you say..

if you want the extra gizmos then you will pay for extra for it..

rich is not defined as being a multi-billionaire.  you can be worth 1/1000 of that and still be rich

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - Oct 18th, 2014 at 6:24pm

ImSpartacus2 wrote on Oct 18th, 2014 at 6:18pm:
longweekend58 wrote on Oct 18th, 2014 at 10:23am:
ImSpartacus2 wrote on Oct 18th, 2014 at 9:27am:
ImSpartacus2 wrote on Oct 17th, 2014 at 6:52pm:
longweekend58 wrote on Oct 17th, 2014 at 6:05pm:
[quote author=ImSpartacus2 link=1413508991/5#5 date=1413531003][quote author=Laugh_till_you_cry link=1413508991/3#3 date=1413516987][quote author=ImSpartacus2 link=1413508991/2#2 date=1413512931][quote author=Laugh_till_you_cry link=1413508991/1#1 date=1413511202]Globalization and free trade is here to stay. Both bring benefits to the whole of mankind.

Rest deleted for space

when you want to pay $100,000 for a base holden, $3000 for an auseie fridge and $15K for a flat screen TV mad here then come back and make your case.  the point is that our high lifestyle comes at a cost and one of them is that manufacturing will be elsewhere.

When you pay people a fair wage for the wealth they create they will gladly pay those prices because people only go cheap when they have little or no disposable income.  When they have a fair wage in their pocket they will pay for quality and in an age of global warming, diminishing resources, overflowing land fills with brand new discarded capitalist junk, that's exactly what we need for the good of humanity, our planet and all the flora and fauna it supports.   

what garbage.  RICH people largely buy according to price just as everyone else does.  NO ONE will pay $3000 for the aussie made fridge compared to the $900 imported one.  ANd the assumption that imports are crap is wrong too.  Chinese goods are mainly junk, but Japanese and german are not.
Oh right so we're back to arguing about what you want to believe instead of the reality. Yes yes rich people prefer to buy cheap off the process line junk instead of good quality stuff because they save $9.98 on the purchase.  You're full of it. When my wife and I started off in married life we always bought cheap because it was all we could afford but when we got older in higher paying jobs and much more disposable income we shopped for quality with much less attention to price. I believe if you asked most people and consulted your own experience (that's if you're not lying to yourself now as well) you will find that overwhelmingly the experience is the same.  And as to your other point I have stopped buying German products mainly because they have gone down dramatically. The quality that there used to be in German products is no longer so thanks to the flooding of cheap goods. Capitalism competes on price and nothing else and is turning the world into an unlivable waste dump.    

damn you can be obtuse at times - actually most of the time.  People buy cheaper goods unless more expensive ones offer then something for the money.  But when comparing two goods of roughly the same capability and durability, the sale will almost always go to the cheaper one. 

you have this fantasy where people buy the higher priced goods if they have higher incomes.  It simply isn't true.  People buy according to price and functionality and price is always more important.
I don't know why we have to play these silly games.  There is a difference between cheaper goods and value for money.  I don't know anyone who would say (except you) that when they enjoy a comfortable level of disposable income they still choose the cheaper product over the one that gives them greater value for $$$$ albeit more expensive.  Even cods told you for gods sake. The thing is modern capitalism and global free trade has destroyed and is progressively destroying good respectable businesses and the high quality goods they produce and replacing them with producers of cheap, worthless, unreliable, low life span, high resource hungry junk that ends up in the landfill in a fraction of the time that it used to because in a capitalist world that pays its workers a pittance of the value they create, they don't have sufficient disposable income to pay higher prices for good quality stuff and so the cheap poor quality stiff wins almost all the time and so the cycle continues. Now I can't put it any simpler for you then that and if you don't understand something as basic as that its either because you're pretending to be dumb or the more likely, you are dumb. And if you don't come back with a more intelligent response on this issue then you have so far I'm not gonna bother with you.      

obviously price and value-for money are two very different concepts.  What I was referring to and wasn't explicit enough (because I forget the level of dumb at play here) is two productes essentially the same, one made in Australia and the other imported but 1/3 the price.  People buy on price largely.  Patriotism might make us buy the $1000 aussie fridge vs the $900 import, but not the $3000 one.

Clear enough now?

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

ImSpartacus2
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - Oct 18th, 2014 at 6:58pm

longweekend58 wrote on Oct 18th, 2014 at 6:24pm:
ImSpartacus2 wrote on Oct 18th, 2014 at 6:18pm:
longweekend58 wrote on Oct 18th, 2014 at 10:23am:
ImSpartacus2 wrote on Oct 18th, 2014 at 9:27am:
ImSpartacus2 wrote on Oct 17th, 2014 at 6:52pm:
longweekend58 wrote on Oct 17th, 2014 at 6:05pm:
[quote author=ImSpartacus2 link=1413508991/5#5 date=1413531003][quote author=Laugh_till_you_cry link=1413508991/3#3 date=1413516987][quote author=ImSpartacus2 link=1413508991/2#2 date=1413512931][quote author=Laugh_till_you_cry link=1413508991/1#1 date=1413511202]Globalization and free trade is here to stay. Both bring benefits to the whole of mankind.

Rest deleted for space

when you want to pay $100,000 for a base holden, $3000 for an auseie fridge and $15K for a flat screen TV mad here then come back and make your case.  the point is that our high lifestyle comes at a cost and one of them is that manufacturing will be elsewhere.

[highlight]When you pay people a fair wage for the wealth they create they will gladly pay those prices because people only go cheap when they have little or no disposable income...... Cut for space

Oh right so we're back to arguing about what you want to believe instead of the reality. Yes yes rich people prefer to buy cheap off the process line junk instead of good quality stuff because they save $9.98 on the purchase.  You're full of it. When my wife and I started off in married life we always bought cheap because it was all we could afford but when we got older in higher paying jobs and much more disposable income we shopped for quality with much less attention to price. I believe if you asked most people and consulted your own experience (that's if you're not lying to yourself now as well) you will find that overwhelmingly the experience is the same.  And as to your other point I have stopped buying German products mainly because they have gone down dramatically. The quality that there used to be in German products is no longer so thanks to the flooding of cheap goods. Capitalism competes on price and nothing else and is turning the world into an unlivable waste dump.    

damn you can be obtuse at times - actually most of the time.  People buy cheaper goods unless more expensive ones offer then something for the money.  But when comparing two goods of roughly the same capability and durability, the sale will almost always go to the cheaper one. 

you have this fantasy where people buy the higher priced goods if they have higher incomes.  It simply isn't true.  People buy according to price and functionality and price is always more important.
I don't know why we have to play these silly games.  There is a difference between cheaper goods and value for money.  I don't know anyone who would say (except you) that when they enjoy a comfortable level of disposable income they still choose the cheaper product over the one that gives them greater value for $$$$ albeit more expensive.  Even cods told you for gods sake. The thing is modern capitalism and global free trade has destroyed and is progressively destroying good respectable businesses and the high quality goods they produce and replacing them with producers of cheap, worthless, unreliable, low life span, high resource hungry junk that ends up in the landfill in a fraction of the time that it used to because in a capitalist world that pays its workers a pittance of the value they create, they don't have sufficient disposable income to pay higher prices for good quality stuff and so the cheap poor quality stiff wins almost all the time and so the cycle continues. Now I can't put it any simpler for you then that and if you don't understand something as basic as that its either because you're pretending to be dumb or the more likely, you are dumb. And if you don't come back with a more intelligent response on this issue then you have so far I'm not gonna bother with you.      

obviously price and value-for money are two very different concepts.  What I was referring to and wasn't explicit enough (because I forget the level of dumb at play here) is two productes essentially the same, one made in Australia and the other imported but 1/3 the price.  People buy on price largely.  Patriotism might make us buy the $1000 aussie fridge vs the $900 import, but not the $3000 one.

Clear enough now?
That's what's known in Oz Politics as the LongLiar double shuffle. How on earth could you have thought that we were taking about essentially the same products when I was saying that capitalism was replacing high quality products with a proliferation of cheap products. Does "high quality" and "cheap junk" equate to essentially the same products to you. Absurd. And I wasn't talking about patriotism or the price point at which people will pay more for quality over price.  Read over it again you might learn something.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #33 - Oct 19th, 2014 at 2:50am

Pantheon wrote on Oct 18th, 2014 at 12:33pm:
ImSpartacus2 wrote on Oct 17th, 2014 at 11:23am:
How stupid do you have to be to accept a situation where companies go off shore to take advantage of slave labour wages and then export their products back to Australia at inflated prices so that they can take advantage of what for the time being is our higher wages. Free trade agreements are undoubtedly the biggest destroyers of jobs in this country and the jobs that are surviving are progressively being down graded to slave labour pay and conditions.  Our governments have stopped governing for our interests (if indeed they ever did). They have more loyalty and more in common with the wealthy and powerful foreign elite then they have to the average working Australian.  Time we fought these bastards for the sake of a decent dignified living for ourselves and our children in the future. Greed knows no bounds and has no other loyalty but to greed.   

slave labour wages? wages payed in these factories can be almost 5 times as much as they would of been paid if they remain working the fields, workers flock to factory jobs because they pay so well, it what help drives migration from the country side to the cities during the industrialisation process.

It might be 'slave labour wage' in Australia but in their country its a wage that can support a WHOLE FAMILY!!

And as a business owner, i have moved all of by jobs off shore... i cant afford Australia's high minimum wages... all workers do, when they fight for higher minimum wage is shooting themselves in the foot.

Free trade agreements are good for economies and protectionism harms economies, this has been proven, The USSR, englend and France, history shows nations who adopt  Free trade agreements see a larger growth in the middle class than nations who adopted protectionism.

The book 'the wealth of nations' has an in-depth analyse about this.. the issue isn't Free trade agreements, it something else.

Then kindly leave - you are destroying your own market by off-shoring jobs and thus are of zero benefit to society as a whole.

Once you have raped the Oz market, and then move onto the next and the next.. what will be left?

NOTHING!

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #34 - Oct 19th, 2014 at 6:27am

Quote:
How Stupid Do You Have To Be

Tony, Scott or Joe would all be great choices for a benchmark.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - Oct 19th, 2014 at 6:33am

longweekend58 wrote on Oct 18th, 2014 at 6:21pm:
cods wrote on Oct 18th, 2014 at 5:42pm:

rich people .. that to me is the James Packers..and somehow I dont see him with the $900 fridge..

looks have an amazing effect on the wealthy..

look at the homes they live in.. no ex govy for them I bet..

look at the cars they drive or the yachts  I bet their yacht is twice as nice as yours??..

it goes without saying..if you buy  well.... sadly usually imported expensive  pair of shoes.. they feel and wear much better than a cheap pair of imported shoes...

do we still make shoes in this country??..

anyway I think the whole thing is a lot more complex than what people spend their money on..a lot has got to do with value for money..

if a bank if offering better interest rates..than your bank will ever offer... who wouldnt take it up...its common sense..

the cheaper car usually has less.. gizmos less shine or extras  I dont care what you say..

if you want the extra gizmos then you will pay for extra for it..

rich is not defined as being a multi-billionaire.  you can be worth 1/1000 of that and still be rich

and they wont buy the $900 fridge if they can afford better.....ask anyone who sells fridges...

you get what you pay for today as never before....you will be lucky to get 3 years out of a cheap fridge..

cheap electrical kitchen gadgets have no power..they usually shake like made when used and fall apart or even rust as happened with something I bought from Aldi..its money down the drain as far as I can see.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - Oct 19th, 2014 at 6:35am

Dnarever wrote on Oct 19th, 2014 at 6:27am:
Quote:
How Stupid Do You Have To Be

Tony, Scott or Joe would all be great choices for a benchmark.

your in fine form this morning dna....the Libs must be doing it right....funny how I cant even remember who the members are from the left????? they are so invisible..

which is a shame as we need a good laugh.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #37 - Oct 19th, 2014 at 3:09pm

How stupid do you have to be to accept a situation where companies go off shore to take advantage of slave labour wages and then export their products back to Australia at inflated prices so that they can take advantage of what for the time being is our higher wages. Free trade agreements are undoubtedly the biggest destroyers of jobs in this country and the jobs that are surviving are progressively being down graded to slave labour pay and conditions.  Our governments have stopped governing for our interests (if indeed they ever did). They have more loyalty and more in common with the wealthy and powerful foreign elite then they have to the average working Australian.  Time we fought these bastards for the sake of a decent dignified living for ourselves and our children in the future. Greed knows no bounds and has no other loyalty but to greed.   

slave labour wages? wages payed in these factories can be almost 5 times as much as they would of been paid if they remain working the fields, workers flock to factory jobs because they pay so well, it what help drives migration from the country side to the cities during the industrialisation process.

It might be 'slave labour wage' in Australia but in their country its a wage that can support a WHOLE FAMILY!!

And as a business owner, i have moved all of by jobs off shore... i cant afford Australia's high minimum wages... all workers do, when they fight for higher minimum wage is shooting themselves in the foot.

Free trade agreements are good for economies and protectionism harms economies, this has been proven, The USSR, englend and France, history shows nations who adopt  Free trade agreements see a larger growth in the middle class than nations who adopted protectionism.

The book 'the wealth of nations' has an in-depth analyse about this.. the issue isn't Free trade agreements, it something else.

I love it when you shoot down your own argument.  Yes - the factory wages in China are higher than a serf worker... and can feed a family.  They would not feed a family here due to costs of living.

At the same time china is enduring upward pressure on prices of food etc since the field hands aren't paid enough to get by.....brilliant economics there..  next move - raise wages of field hands, followed by wage raise for factory and so forth until their wages equal ours anyway, while costs continue to escalate upward...

Same as ours.. an ordinary wage here is more and can feed a family.. now, of course, with the off-shoring of jobs, that family lives out of your pocket without working... great work...

So - end result - once The West has been reduced to slave wages and the Chinese reach wage parity... then all the jobs come home because it's cheaper here and the whole nonsense starts again.

Short-term thinking will gain you nothing... it will certainly soon bring you a government that will make rules to reduce you down to cut costs and raise needed revenue to fix the mess.... in the interests of national survival.

Australia First.... get with it or lose.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Pantheon
Gold Member

Woke

Reply #38 - Oct 23rd, 2014 at 2:34pm

ImSpartacus2 wrote on Oct 18th, 2014 at 6:20pm:
Pantheon wrote on Oct 18th, 2014 at 5:27pm:
ImSpartacus2 wrote on Oct 18th, 2014 at 3:13pm:

Tell me capitalist. You've moved all your jobs offshore.  Do you sell in this market??????Just answer the question. Do you sell in this market after moving all your jobs offshore?

Well no, ive alway sell globally, but recently ive dropped everything to focus on Australia only.
Well your leeching off this community, which is the typical capitalist way. Take all the benefits and give nothing back in return. It's disgusting.    

How am i leeching off this community? I am providing a services? and if wages were lower, i would hire Australians, the problem is Australia has became just too expensive. 

[b][center]Socialism had been tried on every continent on earth. In light of its results, it's time to question the motives of its advocates.

IP Logged

Pantheon
Gold Member

Woke

Reply #39 - Oct 23rd, 2014 at 2:36pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Oct 19th, 2014 at 2:50am:

Then kindly leave - you are destroying your own market by off-shoring jobs and thus are of zero benefit to society as a whole.

Once you have raped the Oz market, and then move onto the next and the next.. what will be left?

NOTHING!

How am i destroying my own market, when my own market priced me out of it?

plus i am still providing services in Australia providing benefits to society.

[b][center]Socialism had been tried on every continent on earth. In light of its results, it's time to question the motives of its advocates.

IP Logged

Garfield.

Australian Politics

Reply #40 - Oct 23rd, 2014 at 3:36pm

The same people that bleat on about aussie jobs being lost overseas also shop online ... wankers!  Grin

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #41 - Oct 23rd, 2014 at 6:27pm

Its human nature and economically rational to seek the lowest price for a good of a particular quality and specification.

It seems that closet poms are still tied genetically to poms and are following the poms about a decade behind because of the insulation provided by resources. The poms had large and wonderful manufacturing entities many decades ago but they weren't competitive and disappeared.

The same thing is happening to Australian industry. Australian services will follow out the exit.

Goodbye chickenshit Australian market; hello world market.

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

Garfield.

Australian Politics

Reply #42 - Oct 23rd, 2014 at 7:40pm

Laugh till you cry wrote on Oct 23rd, 2014 at 6:27pm:
Its human nature and economically rational to seek the lowest price for a good of a particular quality and specification.

Yep, the commies tried to save us from the pain of having to shop around but we didn't listen, their idea was to have us all so preoccupied with scratching around in the dirt for a few grains of rice in order to stave off malnutrition that we'd be completely uninterested in an unbelievable deal on a strawberry mashing Bullett from Danoz Direct.

IP Logged

ImSpartacus2
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #43 - Oct 23rd, 2014 at 9:39pm

Pantheon wrote on Oct 23rd, 2014 at 2:36pm:

NOTHING!

Because you and your fellow exploiters pay slave-labour wages O'seas there is no or too small a market there to buy your product so you ship it here to leech off the higher wages in this country (that you leave australian job creating businesses to pay) and thereby put downward pressure on the very wages that make up the market that can afford your product. A school child can tell you that that situation cant last and that sooner rather then later this market will be destroyed.  As to you being priced out of the market, that's a deliberate consequence of free trade agreements with slave labour paying countries (a strategy that you have supported) to force Australian wages and living standards down to 3rd world levels. Hopefully soon Australian's wont tolerate it any longer and close our boarders to bludgers like you who take all the benefits and the cream and contribute nothing in return. 

What a pathetic justification. I tell you what stop providing the service and see how much you're missed. You've taken a lot of benefits from this country. You're education is a first world education, paid for by aust tax payers; Your health care is a first world health care, paid for by aust tax payers. If you're still domiciled here your still getting a heap load of tax concessions from hard working australian taxpayers on the understanding that you will be employing people here.  And now you try to tell us that we benefit from the service you provide. The only one benefiting from that service is you cause I was right before. You're a leech

IP Logged

ImSpartacus2
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #44 - Oct 23rd, 2014 at 9:39pm

Pantheon wrote on Oct 23rd, 2014 at 2:36pm:

NOTHING!

Because you and your fellow exploiters pay slave-labour wages O'seas there is no or too small a market there to buy your product so you ship it here to leech off the higher wages in this country (that you leave australian job creating businesses to pay) and thereby put downward pressure on the very wages that make up the market that can afford your product. A school child can tell you that that situation cant last and that sooner rather then later this market you will destroy this market.  As to you being priced out of the market, that's a deliberate consequence of free trade agreements with slave labour paying countries (a strategy that you have supported) to force Australian wages and living standards down to 3rd world levels. Hopefully soon Australian's wont tolerate it any longer and close our boarders to bludgers like you who take all the benefits and the cream and contribute nothing in return. 

What a pathetic justification. I tell you what stop providing the service and see how much you're missed. You've taken a lot of benefits from this country. You're education is a first world education, paid for by aust tax payers; Your health care is a first world health care, paid for by aust tax payers. If you're still domiciled here your still getting a heap load of tax concessions from hard working australian taxpayers on the understanding that you will be employing people here.  And now you try to tell us that we benefit from the service you provide. The only one benefiting from that service is you cause I was right before. You're a leech

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print