Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print
Patriotism v. Racism? (Read 7108 times)
Black_Flag

Australian Politics

Re: Patriotism v. Racism?
Reply #15 - Oct 16th, 2014 at 9:58pm

Kat I respect you position. And yes i believe we can both agree that Australia is in a state of turmoil and regression. And yes, if things get so bad that I no longer love my country, i will not leave either, i would also fight to return it. And i also understand that although it may not target a group, it may be offensive to those who do not want to join a side, and that is completely respectable.

IP Logged

Black_Flag

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Oct 16th, 2014 at 10:03pm

Freedumb. I'm sorry to hear about your town. Unfortunately, that is the reality of this current system. It saddens me how quickly people's hard-earned money can just be taken  away and never seen again. In some places its robbery but in Parliament its called policy.

IP Logged

Freedumb
Gold Member

Australian Politics

WA
Reply #17 - Oct 16th, 2014 at 10:12pm

Black_Flag wrote on Oct 16th, 2014 at 10:03pm:
Freedumb. I'm sorry to hear about your town. Unfortunately, that is the reality of this current system. It saddens me how quickly people's hard-earned money can just be taken  away and never seen again. In some places its robbery but in Parliament its called policy.

Ahh yes "policy". In "politically correct" terms. Unfortunately, many people don't see what you and I see.

Your idea of how the system should be is wonderful, unfortunately, it doesn't serve those in power. They will not act in a manner that powers can be taken from them.

Look at what some recent events: For instance, Liberal supposedly want to abolish micro-parties.... micro-parties can be effective in blocking their actions.

In the famous nanny state, my home state, our beloved money-wasting premier who had to put many assets up for sale for said reason, opposes activism studies in university.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/state-politics/colin-barnett-qu...

One must wonder why.

Nothing would be what it is,
Because everything would be what it isn't.
And contrary-wise - what it is, it wouldn't be.
And what it wouldn't be, it would.
You see?

- Lewis Carroll

IP Logged

gizmo_2655
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South West NSW
Reply #18 - Oct 16th, 2014 at 10:19pm

Annie Anthrax wrote on Oct 16th, 2014 at 6:45pm:
Quote:
Most people tried to read between the lines of the slogan, saying that it was a repeat of "F**k off we're full", and other outright racist remarks, however, it wasn't. It said "Love it or leave it". It does not specify a group, gender, race or culture that should leave?

Which group, gender, race or culture does "bugger off we're full" specify?

Basically, the "bugger off, we're full" thing is aimed at any subset that wasn't born in Australia.

"I just get sick of people who place a label on someone else with their own definition.

It's similar to a strawman fallacy"
Bobbythebat

IP Logged

Black_Flag

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Oct 16th, 2014 at 10:25pm

Ahh yes. Politicians somehow think that the way to fix it is the way it broke in the first place. Greediness. In QLD we are also selling off public assets, we sold off... wait for it... the whole public train system!

I understand the concern about the abolition of micro-parties, I have recently been reading John Howard's autobiography, and it has opened my eyes to the "backroom" dealing of politics, of relationships only for benefit, and actions purely for the sake of causing disruption.

I believe that the future (if mine doesn't exist) of Australia, is Independent's and yes, Micro-parties. I believe everyone can agree that not everyone shares the exact same political views, however, with Labor and Liberal becoming so big that they are the main contenders each and every year, there is NO room for this personalized leadership.

Most people these days side with the team that "sort of" suits their views, but with independent's, a person could really get to understand how their views are being represented. And choose the leader that is "just the right fit".

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #20 - Oct 16th, 2014 at 11:02pm

Hmmmmmm.....Tweddle Dumb and Tweedle Dee.  The Circus is back in town.

Freedumb, JaSin, and now 'Black Jack.'  All very deju vu.  (It could, of course, be well passed this pretty experienced observer's bed time.)

Mods?

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Oct 17th, 2014 at 4:18am

Freedumb wrote on Oct 16th, 2014 at 9:58pm:
Black_Flag wrote on Oct 16th, 2014 at 9:49pm:
Freedumb. I am not referring to the band, never heard of it. And yes, I have recently become increasingly interested in it, I know that i would never be active in an anarchist movement to overthrow government or whatever, but there are some radical movements that could be implemented under the right circumstances and with the right care. I have been looking into many avenues of anarchism, my main focus here in Capital-Anarchism. Where anarchism usually refers to the liberation of all assets and there is no real thing of personal ownership. Capital-Anarchism still respects an individuals property and ownership of movable items, but land and public assets like transportation and hospitals should be owned and run by individuals. Not by money taken from the community from the government and then pumped back into the community. A person should keep the exact amount they earn per year, without taxes, and the individual should decide what they want to invest in e.g. schooling, hospitals, land, transportation. I don't see why, with the current system, someone living in central Queensland should pay taxes that help fund projects that help ease congestion for peak hour traffic in Brisbane city.

Hear, hear.

That's one, among many things, that annoy me about the current system.

For instance, in WA they created "super towns". In a small, deadbeat town about 800 kms away from where I live now, the dole office was upgraded. The town I live in, in the meantime, is going to the dogs. Ironically, a lot of the money in WA comes from this place as it is a major mining operation. Is it fair that money should come out of here and be spent on useless actions like upgrading a dole office? Give me a break.

in my burb... not that long ago.. they upgraded the TAB.. the footpath around the little shopping centre was being dug up by tree roots..but suddenly the TAB was extended to accommodate  rows of seats..and seating nearby for the smokers of which there were many..if we were lucky their butts hit the sand box...the little post office round the corner could only fit 4.5.people in it at any one time...

priorities...I dont think they have any....its just pick a number out of a hat.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Oct 17th, 2014 at 4:24am

Freedumb wrote on Oct 16th, 2014 at 9:03pm:
Black_Flag wrote on Oct 16th, 2014 at 8:02pm:
Freedumb. I understand what you mean. And i think you must have me confused with someone else. This is my first account. I chose the name Black Flag because it has a number of anarchist connotations. A Black Flag is obviously the opposite to the white flag of surrender. "We live free or die" was used alongside a black flag by the Catalan army and militia corps during the final stages of the War of the Spanish Succession. It is also in reference to the "Jolly Roger" (pirate flag), a skull one a black flag, the pirates represent a disregard for law and authority, also, pirate ships were run according to a very basic democratic system.

I apologise if I've made the wrong accusation.

Are you interested in anarchism?

I actually thought your username was referring to the band Black Flag.

I feel really sorry for people in Vic they have now banned Baa Baa Black Sheep...from childcare centres...I wont bother explaining the reason...

if we dont screw up a whole generation.... we will be very very lucky...I wonder if Snow White is next.

IP Logged

Black_Flag

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Oct 17th, 2014 at 1:46pm

cods. Community funding seems extremely unorganized by TAB's are not a public organisations, its just another franchise, probably funded by the owner.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Oct 17th, 2014 at 2:40pm

Black_Flag wrote on Oct 17th, 2014 at 1:46pm:
cods. Community funding seems extremely unorganized by TAB's are not a public organisations, its just another franchise, probably funded by the owner.

this was a fair while ago... I think they poshed it up before they sold it off....as the outside was done as well.. which is local govt owned...at least they seem to be able to sell off the carpark land to developers in this town....

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #25 - Oct 17th, 2014 at 3:20pm

Patriotism v. Racism?

You mean it isn't aimed at those who want to change the flag ?

Are a lot of posters here packing their bags ?

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #26 - Oct 17th, 2014 at 3:25pm

Black_Flag wrote on Oct 17th, 2014 at 1:46pm:

TABCORP went for a new look a few years ago, I am not positive but I think they may have at least partly if not fully funded the upgrades in selected outlets.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Oct 17th, 2014 at 3:26pm

Dnarever wrote on Oct 17th, 2014 at 3:20pm:
Patriotism v. Racism?

You mean it isn't aimed at those who want to change the flag ?

Are a lot of posters here packing their bags ?

my daughter is shes heading to India for 8 days..she is going with a gang of women and one child.. who is meeting up with her surrogate mum the little girl is now 5 and the birth mum hasnt seen her since a baby...so a lot of tears I am thinking..it will be very special

IP Logged

Freedumb
Gold Member

Australian Politics

WA
Reply #28 - Oct 17th, 2014 at 4:12pm

Aussie wrote on Oct 16th, 2014 at 11:02pm:
Hmmmmmm.....Tweddle Dumb and Tweedle Dee.  The Circus is back in town.

Freedumb, JaSin, and now 'Black Jack.'  All very deju vu.  (It could, of course, be well passed this pretty experienced observer's bed time.)

Mods?

Wot.

You're joking right? Do you think Black Flag is JaSin under a different name? If so, I don't think so. Jasin has a very distinct way of typing, and after what I said he wouldn't be responding to me at all  Cheesy

Orr.... you think something else. I am not the OzPol whore if that's what you're thinking . I'm simply having a discussion with this member. I have civil conversations with other members similar to this as well, but there is absolutely nothing romantic/sexual/flirty about it.

You see?

- Lewis Carroll

IP Logged

Freedumb
Gold Member

Australian Politics

WA
Reply #29 - Oct 17th, 2014 at 4:13pm

cods wrote on Oct 17th, 2014 at 4:24am:
Freedumb wrote on Oct 16th, 2014 at 9:03pm:
Black_Flag wrote on Oct 16th, 2014 at 8:02pm:
Freedumb. I understand what you mean. And i think you must have me confused with someone else. This is my first account. I chose the name Black Flag because it has a number of anarchist connotations. A Black Flag is obviously the opposite to the white flag of surrender. "We live free or die" was used alongside a black flag by the Catalan army and militia corps during the final stages of the War of the Spanish Succession. It is also in reference to the "Jolly Roger" (pirate flag), a skull one a black flag, the pirates represent a disregard for law and authority, also, pirate ships were run according to a very basic democratic system.

I apologise if I've made the wrong accusation.

Are you interested in anarchism?

I actually thought your username was referring to the band Black Flag.

I feel really sorry for people in Vic they have now banned Baa Baa Black Sheep...from childcare centres...I wont bother explaining the reason...

if we dont screw up a whole generation.... we will be very very lucky...I wonder if Snow White is next.

Sweet Jesus.

Have you ever read George Orwell's 1984, cods? It's a great piece of literature, and is somewhat... familiar.

You see?

- Lewis Carroll

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print