Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 
Send Topic Print
The **NICE** thread (Read 6381 times)
Lionel Edriess
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: The **NICE** thread
Reply #120 - Oct 25th, 2014 at 8:37pm

I had the privilege of taking care of (owning) a pure ginger tom. Apparently, they are quite rare as a ginger cat with no white, or other, colour traces.

Suffice to say that he returned to me (or his ex-residence), after a period of time, having lost an eye in his travels. It took him 7 months.

My neighbour rang to say that she had seen the cat around the house, which was empty at the time.

I had always thought that such feel-good stories were BS.

I have not had a pet in 15 years.Next pet is gonna be a tuff pussy. If I can assure better than 10 years residency.

Maine Coone or Savannah.

I've never recovered from seeing a tiger cub led by a cute girl handler (in tights) through the streets of Ashfield.

My next pussy (pet) will not be female.

Cool

Toughen up, Australia!

IP Logged

The Mole
Gold Member

http://www.ozpolitic
.co/album/forum-atta
chments/y

Reply #121 - Oct 26th, 2014 at 1:11pm

I used to be dog person as a child, but now I love cat's ~ a cat will stay with you because she wants to, they are independent and don't need you, that is why it is all the more special to have a cat.

A dog will love you sure~ but he needs you to feed him and take care of him. He will die if you withdraw your support completely..willing slaves that is the way I see them. I do like dogs, but its cats all the way for me.

"Why Johnny Ringo, you look like someone just walked over your grave"

IP Logged

MumboJumbo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #122 - Oct 29th, 2014 at 12:37pm

Wow, I must admit I'm impressed - six pages of people being nice.

Who'da thunk it?

See Profile For Update wrote on Jan 3rd, 2015 at 2:58pm:
Why the bugger did I get stuck on a planet chalked full of imbeciles?

IP Logged

Raven
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Around
Reply #123 - Oct 29th, 2014 at 12:42pm

Thank you Freedumb for creating this balance.

Raven has seen many a thread get bogged down in silly name calling where the art of the argument itself is lost among the muck.

Go in peace all.

Quoth the Raven "Nevermore"

Raven would rather ask questions that may never be answered, then accept answers which must never be questioned.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #124 - Oct 30th, 2014 at 5:16pm

Raven wrote on Oct 29th, 2014 at 12:42pm:
Thank you Freedumb for creating this balance.

Raven has seen many a thread get bogged down in silly name calling where the art of the argument itself is lost among the muck.

Go in peace all.

well said raven.... you are one of the few I admire for not stooping to the level of some..

IP Logged

Phemanderac
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #125 - Oct 31st, 2014 at 7:04am

I guess I would be a dog person, although it seems to me that I think any people who positively spend time with any animals good value.

I think for me, Dogs are my favourite because of the little things like going for walks together or, like I am about to do, me and the three dogs off to the beach together. Arguably, they (the dogs) need this kind of daily attention and, for some, time limitations make dogs impractical. I think it is great that some people recognise their time constraints. I see far too many dogs left locked up in backyards with limited or no attention - Cats seem to me to be much more suited to being left to their own devices in the main.

I saw some people down the beach recently with a pet pig, not one of the cutesy little ones either, this was a serious pig. My dogs had no idea, lol. The girl (who is a mixed breed that probably in a different life would have made a hunting dog) ended up playing with the pig... What a great pet it looked like. It even came to it's owner when called.

Also, I concur with Raven, good work on this thread Freedumb.

On the 26th of January you are all invited to celebrate little white penal day...

"They're not rules as such, more like guidelines" Pirates of the Caribbean..

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #126 - Jan 20th, 2015 at 7:28am

I've never been a dog or a cat person. I've aways been into babies though.

My hubby and kids are all into puppies. I may need to convert lol Smiley

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 
Send Topic Print