Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
the clearly mentally ill people (Read 7593 times)
Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
the clearly mentally ill people
Oct 1st, 2014 at 12:12am

'the clearly mentally ill people'

Sanity.

What is it ???

Let us explore......

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1412066670/0#0

Let us explore, a little further......

QUESTION #1,
Would, or does, a sane person choose to morally 'validate' behaviour like this; ?????

IMAGE....

OR, would, or does, a sane person choose to morally 'validate' behaviour that results in this; ?????

IMAGE....
wtc-9-11.jpg

Dictionary;
validate = = check or prove the validity of.       confirm.       make or declare legally valid.

QUESTION #2,
Do you consider yourself to be a sane person ?

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Re: the clearly mentally ill people
Reply #1 - Oct 1st, 2014 at 12:15am

Sanity.

What is it ???

Easy-peasy.......

Quote:

A simple definition of SANITY/INSANITY.

Typically, an unrestrained sane person will act in ways which are harmless to others, and in ways which are creative, and productive [for himself, others, and society].

And typically, and conversely, an unrestrained INSANE person will act in ways which are harmful and destructive to himself, and, or, others around him.

'Normal' criminal behaviour - in mankind
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1293669294/0#0

QUESTION #1;
Do you consider yourself to be a sane person ?

If your answer is, 'YES'......

QUESTION #2;
Are you a competent person, to validate your own opinion, about your own sanity ?         Wink

SUGGESTION;
see again, the simple definition of SANITY/INSANITY, above.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Black Orchid
Gold Member

Reply #2 - Oct 5th, 2014 at 5:28pm

IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

MediocrityNET: because
people died for this!

Reply #3 - Oct 5th, 2014 at 7:30pm

Lucky the foods good but or the places would be really unpopular!

Roll Eyes

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #4 - Oct 5th, 2014 at 9:46pm

The above 'insanities' are in general - insane.
But they are legitimate 'sanities' via the violent need to survive by a peoples struggling to exist in a modern world that is currently denying them justice for an existence that was long before a nation, that attacks their existence - even existed.

They have every right to say that Australia is theirs, like Jews rule the USA in its every direction.

So you see - nothing is for free.
You want Australia - you have to make a 'sacrifice',
and who are you going to sacrifice for your Australian 'Sins'
...nothing is for free.

BTW - the South American cure for Mental Illness, was to take the sufferer up those Temple steps and cut his/her head off.  Wink
...but we know South America (Draconia) has a Drug Problem, like Europe has a War one  Wink

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #5 - Oct 6th, 2014 at 8:40pm

I sometimes wonder about the growth of 'Mental Illness' in the Western World - a place where it is infested with its own 'Terrorists' known as Bikers.  Roll Eyes

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Freedumb
Gold Member

Australian Politics

WA
Reply #6 - Oct 6th, 2014 at 8:44pm

- An excerpt from a book titled Punishing The Patient; HOW PSYCHIATRISTS MISUNDERSTAND AND MISTREAT SCHIZOPHRENIA   
Richard Gosden, PhD

In the mid-1990s an anxious mother began a letter-writing campaign to persuade legislators of the need to amend the Mental Health Act in the Australian state of New South Wales. Describing herself as a medical doctor with experience in psychiatry, she wrote to newspapers and politicians about her twenty-year-old son who was behaving strangely. She said that he was suffering from psychosis but was refusing to be treated. Her problem was that the mental health laws then in force in New South Wales would not allow for his involuntary treatment. To be eligible for forced treatment, her son was required to be at risk of causing serious physical harm to himself or to other people. Being a peaceful sort of young man, he didn’t fit either of these criteria, and so he was allowed to remain free. Out of frustration, she began lobbying to have the law changed. She wanted the criteria for dangerousness removed from the legislation, so that peaceful people such as her son could be forced into treatment if they were unwilling to go voluntarily. Her local member of state parliament, Dr Peter Macdonald, was a medical doctor himself, and he joined her campaign. In an effort to persuade his political colleagues to change the legislation, he read one of her letters into the parliamentary record: 
Our twenty-year-old son developed a psychosis about three years ago. He was a top student at his school, a promising musician, well liked and respected by his peers. Our relationship with him was good, and we had hopes that he would be a well-adjusted adult, able to take his place in society. Today he is wandering the beaches and streets of Manly, to all intents and purposes a ‘homeless youth’.  His psychosis (diagnosed as schizo-affective disorder) takes the form that he believes he has to convert all to Christianity because all are doomed to go to hell. He cannot explain why he believes this and he seems to think that the world is going to end soon. He gives away all his belongings and money to people he believes God is directing him to save, e.g. he gave away $2000 at Christmas. This was his entire savings. For a while he was bringing home vagrants and they would spend the night in his bed while he wandered the streets looking for more people to save. We lost various possessions to these people, some of whom were also obviously suffering from psychosis themselves. He deprives himself of sleep as he believes he has to be ‘working’ i.e. evangelising.  He has lost all his friends and his relationship with us is under great strain as he puts his ‘work’ before all other considerations. But he is not a danger to himself or to others so he cannot be taken to hospital under the present Mental Health Act.  The doctors involved say he would probably benefit from medication for his psychosis and they want to put him on the clozapine programme but their hands are tied until such time as he deteriorates further and does something to actively harm himself or others. Meanwhile his family suffers, his relationships with all his mates are lost, he loses all his money, he smells, he neglects all that he formerly held dear when he was well.  I think it is a disgrace that our society can let this happen, and I know it is not just my son to whom this is happening. It involves many other youths who are also wandering the streets in the grip of mental illness.

Now due to his instability, he is obviously having some rather harmful, or negative outcomes there, but as a mentally unstable person there doesn't appear to be any kind of violent or cruel intentions.

I'll note that this book is written by someone who is a little biased about the diagnosis of schizophrenia, and I get the impression he doesn't approve of said mother's decision.

Though the boy is unstable, he claims to have had an inner "spiritual revolution" or "awakening", and (according to the above) is expressing extremism -- on the "good" side of the spectrum, where as the current ISIS are on the opposite side.

What's interesting is that both sides equate to negative and harmful outcomes. The boy is creating harm to himself by letting people use him, sleep depravation, etc but he is acting benevolent and believes he is doing God's will by acting completely selfless.

Nothing would be what it is,
Because everything would be what it isn't.
And contrary-wise - what it is, it wouldn't be.
And what it wouldn't be, it would.
You see?

- Lewis Carroll

IP Logged

Datalife
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Oct 6th, 2014 at 8:47pm

Jasin wrote on Oct 6th, 2014 at 8:40pm:
I sometimes wonder about the growth of 'Mental Illness' in the Western World - a place where it is infested with its own 'Terrorists' known as Bikers.  Roll Eyes

pffffffft, you would have to be mad to see a psychiatrist.

"If they’re out there in the high seas, what you would do is seek to turn them back through the agency of the Australian Navy".

Kevin Rudd on 2GB, July 12, 2007

IP Logged

Freedumb
Gold Member

Australian Politics

WA
Reply #8 - Oct 6th, 2014 at 9:12pm

A lot of mental illness is about business and marketing.

Do you consider being angry a mental illness? Isn't it a natural instinct/emotion that occurs in our lives?

I'm asking because I know too many people who have been prescribed Seroquel (sedative/anti-psychotic) for simply just being angry all of the time, with no symptoms of the dreaded bi-polar and schizo spectrum (which it is being used to treat).

It is also a very expensive medication (if one doesn't have benefits).

You see?

- Lewis Carroll

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #9 - Oct 7th, 2014 at 12:42am

Freedumb wrote on Oct 6th, 2014 at 9:12pm:

Do you consider being angry a mental illness? Isn't it a natural instinct/emotion that occurs in our lives?

I'm asking because I know too many people who have been prescribed Seroquel (sedative/anti-psychotic) for simply just being angry all of the time, with no symptoms of the dreaded bi-polar and schizo spectrum (which it is being used to treat).

If you refer to huge multi-nat drug companies pursuing and persuading GP's to medicate with THEIR product..  ??  I'd agree.

But sadly
as you suggest .. much of this product placement has nothing at all to do with real mental illness.  It is simply a good 'business model' to promote products that bring in millions $.

None of these promoters of drugs (legal) are actually concerned for their customers.. they are concerned about their profit. The motivator is greed, not caring.  Altho I won't paint all their researchers and product developers as so unethical..  no ... they are also victims of the big DRUG companies.. At least.. I'll give them the credit of doubt.

But the CEOs.. the Boards..? they are ALL liable. 

Mental illness?? I'd suggest.... ? 
We live in a world of insanity. WE created it.  We are generally  insane.
How else explain the dominance of sociopaths and psychos in world govt.?
We are slowly and painfully doing away with ourselves.

The torture, the wars. The violence. the rape and death of millions thru genocide,  starvation, and disease.. it is there every day on the telly..  in fact the media seem to glory in the death and destruction of human life.

Is this sane.? No I don't think so. We revel in the blood and death... OH yes we do..  Abbott has risen in the polls because he has committed to killing people.

So.. it is no surprise that insanity is endemic.
When our politicians and law enforcement start to exhibit this same irrationality,  we know we are doomed.

And in our secret heart of hearts .. we know this true. Sad

live every day

IP Logged

Freedumb
Gold Member

Australian Politics

WA
Reply #10 - Oct 7th, 2014 at 5:18pm

Emma wrote on Oct 7th, 2014 at 12:42am:
Freedumb wrote on Oct 6th, 2014 at 9:12pm:

If you refer to huge multi-nat drug companies pursuing and persuading GP's to medicate with THEIR product..  ??  I'd agree.

But sadly
as you suggest .. much of this product placement has nothing at all to do with real mental illness.  It is simply a good 'business model' to promote products that bring in millions $.

None of these promoters of drugs (legal) are actually concerned for their customers.. they are concerned about their profit. The motivator is greed, not caring.  Altho I won't paint all their researchers and product developers as so unethical..  no ... they are also victims of the big DRUG companies.. At least.. I'll give them the credit of doubt.

But the CEOs.. the Boards..? they are ALL liable. 

Mental illness?? I'd suggest.... ? 
We live in a world of insanity. WE created it.  We are generally  insane.
How else explain the dominance of sociopaths and psychos in world govt.?
We are slowly and painfully doing away with ourselves.

The torture, the wars. The violence. the rape and death of millions thru genocide,  starvation, and disease.. it is there every day on the telly..  in fact the media seem to glory in the death and destruction of human life.

Is this sane.? No I don't think so. We revel in the blood and death... OH yes we do..  Abbott has risen in the polls because he has committed to killing people.

So.. it is no surprise that insanity is endemic.
When our politicians and law enforcement start to exhibit this same irrationality,  we know we are doomed.

And in our secret heart of hearts .. we know this true. Sad

You are correct. Psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, etc, most of the people working in these fields genuinely care, and probably unaware about the marketing factor that plays into it (with prescription meds).

My interpretation of "mental illness" is really just a symptom of our society. We live in a chaotic world, and people who are incompatible with the atrocities, who actually care for life, get driven up the wall from it all, and become "sick".

These corporate pigs know this, and have figured out a way to profit from it, yet again. They have numerous ways of profiting from a sick society, the original tactic was war.

I am happy that yourself, and many others, can see what's really going on behind the veil. Sadly, most people don't see it because they're caught up in their stressful lives, or simply don't care and adopt the same traits as the few that rule. There may be a small group of us, but we can only try to make the world a better place  Smiley

You see?

- Lewis Carroll

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #11 - Oct 7th, 2014 at 7:13pm

Yes Freedumb
we must try.. and speaking out .. is one way to go. 

It seems however,  that the 'world' of humans.. only listen  when they themselves feel at risk.

Whether in fact they are or not..matters not.  Reality means nothing.

Now our govt, and by extension US the voters are now  getting in on the Act.  War has ALWAYS  been good for business.

Fear prejudice hate GREED...   thats all that matters.  Sad

People ..?  religion is unnecessary...  people..??

WE are the creators.. WE are the Devils.. WE are the cause and the recipients of this madness.

God  -- a convenient excuse for atrocities,  manufactured and controlled by the 'priests'...  Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

NOTHING MORE THAN THAT.

live every day

IP Logged

Freedumb
Gold Member

Australian Politics

WA
Reply #12 - Oct 7th, 2014 at 9:42pm

Emma wrote on Oct 7th, 2014 at 7:13pm:
Yes Freedumb
we must try.. and speaking out .. is one way to go. 

It seems however,  that the 'world' of humans.. only listen  when they themselves feel at risk.

Whether in fact they are or not..matters not.  Reality means nothing.

Now our govt, and by extension US the voters are now  getting in on the Act.  War has ALWAYS  been good for business.

Fear prejudice hate GREED...   thats all that matters.  Sad

People ..?  religion is unnecessary...  people..??

WE are the creators.. WE are the Devils.. WE are the cause and the recipients of this madness.

God  -- a convenient excuse for atrocities,  manufactured and controlled by the 'priests'...  Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

NOTHING MORE THAN THAT.

Religion, sadly, has played into marketing as well. Now I was reading the other night, and I can't remember the exact Christian denomination -- or what century for that matter, but there came a time when they made you pay for your sins and repent with $$$. Not to mention the influx of "New Age gurus" who often sell products, in a spiritual themed shop -- marketing.

I believe in God -- as the energy that flows through humans and all of life. We can use that energy to do what TPTB do with it, or we can do some good. So ultimately, the world is a reflection of what's inside of us/what we've made it.

Religion is just a method of control, and a covert way of making us worship TPTB "the fake Gods". That is their ultimate agenda, after all: it isn't so much about money, as it is about power. Money is simply a physical manifestation or symbol of power. They want to be God, this is why politicians, bankers and other "credible" influences, with the big $$$ have so much of a say in what goes on in the world.

Now Islam actually means "submit" or something like that. Interesting, huh? Look what's going on now with certain elements of the Islamic community... where are the funds coming from for ISIS? Obviously people with lots of money.

The Christian religion is also a great way to keep people apathetic, thus, in control. For instance, one simply just needs to believe in God and Jesus Christ, follow a few rules in the bible (if they break said rules, they can just "repent" by confessing to a priest, then sin is instantly forgiven). It doesn't require one to actually look inside and take responsibility, this, I believe is what true spirituality is.

You see?

- Lewis Carroll

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #13 - Oct 7th, 2014 at 10:20pm

umm
sorry if this offends

religious BEGAN marketing. 
That is the crux ...  manipulating your 'flock'.

There is NO GOD   (s) ...  only a lust for power.

you say ....
I believe in God -- as the energy that flows through humans and all of life.

Why label this life force GOD.? God is a concept derived by those hungry for power. A fearsome figure.

It is simply that  our right as sentients is to live in freedom from this foulness of faith..

why put up the ultimate BOSS and call it GOD, who must be obeyed else risk eternal damnation?? .

Are we so weak as to need to create the ultimate BOSS.? Who will tell us, on punishment of death and eternal hellfire  HOW TO LIVE.

It is a concept that definitively separates, divides, and destroys 'others'. as well as ourselves. Look at the world today and tell me GOD  is a valid concept.

You don't believe in Jehovah/Jesus/ Mohammed / do you? 

No you don't from what you've said..  so don't get sucked in to this GOD idea..  it harms us all... in the name of good.

live every day

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #14 - Oct 7th, 2014 at 10:40pm

If you are inclined to believe in religious dogma  ...Read the Old Testament in the BIBLE. In particular.. the Commandments.

Realise that the people who gather in buildings like churchs are  going against the word of Jehovah, as laid down in the Bible .

Again.. sorry if I offend 

It is clear lots of mentally ill people ( in my interpretation of mentally ill)   belong to Hillsong.
Seen the News. ??

How sickening.. all those people being treated like sheep to be shorn, (ie  $$$$$$$)   or lambs to be eaten  ALIVE,(ie innocents abused) ...   and they are loving it. Sad 

Now THAT is a good example of the mentally ill.)

THAT is a genuine crime against humanity.

Read your Old Testament.. and understand...  ALL preachers in churches or tents deny the word of GOD.

Seems,,  really  NO-ONE actually believes in GOD.  NOPE  they believe the crap fed to them in their rich churches.
Any GOOD deeds done by them are an attempt to achieve salvation....despite the fact that they ignore the basic tenets of their code. Buying the stairway to heaven .
Fools and insane one and all.

i tell you.. it is a sad indictment on the sanity of this human race that we are still fighting in religious wars.

live every day

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print