Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
bendigo bank breaks badly (Read 920 times)
Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

bendigo bank breaks badly
Sep 30th, 2014 at 11:08pm

Quote:
Bendigo Bank has closed The Concerned Citizens Fund’s bank account citing the group’s aims as, “.... not in keeping with the Bank’s values of diversity and inclusiveness”.

The group was maintaining the bank account to finance its objections to a $3 million mosque project planned for Rowena Street, Bendigo.

According to the 2011 census, Bendigo includes Castlemaine, Heathcote, Pyramid Hill and Kyneton.and supports only 263 Islamic residents within that area.

The Bendigo Concerned Citizens Group at last count had just under 5,000 supporters and its base was exponentially increasing.

Heads are likely to roll at the Bendigo Bank which has buckled to Islamic demands that the Concerned Citizens’ bank account be closed or financing for the planned mosque, along with private accounts, will be taken elsewhere.

But the loss of less than 100 Islamic accounts will pale in significance when compared to the loss of angry clients’ accounts of the fifth biggest bank in Australia with 540 branches across the country.

Has Section 18C of the Racial Discrimination Act again reared its ugly head? It is certainly threatening free speech at the behest of Bendigo Bank.

I have known many idiots with a death wish who manage banks, but the manager of Bendigo Bank Central takes the cake.

When contacted late today, the bank refused to comment. They also refused to give me the name of the Bank Manager, Chris Bone.

Quote:
http://pickeringpost.com/story/bendigo-bank-backs-new-mosque/3046

and lots of comments later are people closing their accounts and going to the opposition.

Bad move Bendigo, really thoughtless move.
You are a rural bank with no idea on rural people.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: bendigo bank breaks badly
Reply #1 - Sep 30th, 2014 at 11:13pm

Quote:
As a long time customer (30 years) of the Bendigo Bank I wish to express my utter dismay at the tactic you have used to shut down the account of the Concerned Citizens of Bendigo who were opposing the $3 million dollar Islamic Mosque at Rowena Street, Bendigo East.

I am NOT a member of the Concerned Citizens Group but I intend to cancel my accounts with the Bendigo Bank as a result of your actions.

Does our (NOT YOUR) bank charter also not recognize the Australian Constitution, our culture and our Australian rule of law because Sharia law does not acknowledge them?

It is RIGHT for decent, concerned Australians, and in particular, Bendigonians, to oppose this proposed mosque for MANY reasons. Who are you to try to prevent local people from expressing what MOST of us feel about this issue while you ignore the bigger and more dangerous issues that Islam represents?

Your actions can only be viewed from two angles (1) Financial gain – GREED at the expense of Bendigonians and with no consultation or regard for our interests or (2) Gross ignorance and arrogance and failure to investigate the agendas of Islam and the impact that Islam will have on our society and way of life.

Unlike other religions, Islam is not just a religion and it is foolish to regard it as such.

It is a political, social, legal, economic (Yes, that’s right. They have their own financial system) and ideological system that is completely exclusive and hostile to all other religions, beliefs, cultures, societies and democracies. It is actually the main goal of Islam to infiltrate democratic societies and to enforce Sharia law in all its oppressive facets.

In fact, nowhere in the world do people under Islamic rule exist in peaceful, democratic, affluent, non oppressive, non abusive, cohesive, open societies.

Bendigo is a tolerant society with a diverse mix of religions, so religious bigotry is not the issue for the opposition to this proposed mosque. It is all the other anti Australian, anti democratic aspects of Islam that are being opposed and in that regard, you have no right to use the Bendigo Bank charter as a tool to excuse your actions.

You have failed to consider every other aspect of Islam when you decided to shut down a legitimate account set up by concerned Bendigo ratepayers who are speaking up for the MAJORITY of us. You are the one who is at fault, not the Concerned Citizens of Bendigo group.

The fact that there are currently less than a few hundred muslims in the vast Bendigo region makes it patently clear that this $3 million dollar Islamic mosque is intended to flood our city of Bendigo with muslims.

You only need to look at what has happened in Europe and the U.K to understand what a monumental disaster the Islamic social experiment has been. Whole suburbs are now no go zones for non muslims including the police. They have absolutely no respect or regard for us or our way of life. On the contrary, Islam views us with utter contempt.

In Melbourne, people (including elderly locals) who have opposed the building of mosques in their area have been paid visits by groups of muslim men who have threatened reprisals, including death threats, if they did not withdraw their objections. As a consequence, people sell their homes and leave the area, property prices fall, which makes way for muslims to buy the properties.

This is the strategy that is being used and it is exactly what is happening in Melbourne suburbs right now.

It is clear that this mosque is not welcome here and your arrogance and your ignorance are to be condemned in the strongest possible way. You do not represent the interests of the people of our region and as a consequence neither does the Bendigo Bank.

Your actions are reprehensible and you are clearly out of touch with the opinions of the general public in this area, which is inexcusable for someone in your position. You should reinstate the Concerned Citizens of Bendigo account or resign.

one of the comments

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #2 - Sep 30th, 2014 at 11:26pm

Quote:
  ............I reply to Chelsea’s gutter-mouth comment. Her bad language is indication of a person unable to debate using the English language with a simple choice among 250,000 words of no offence.
My family and I were founding members of our Bendigo Bank as both shareholders and account holders. We also have several friends in the same situation.
On Monday all have agreed to dispose of our shares, at a loss if necessary, and close our accounts forthwith. We are fiercely Australian and will fight to keep Australia free of an Islamisation agenda. If that makes me and my friends racists, then we wear that as a badge of patriotism. NO IFS OR BUTS!...............
.........here here! i also will be changing my mortgage over to another lender and closing my accounts. Bendigo banks actions are nothing short of a total and utter disgrace........

rosey edwards

Careful Reader Your comments have lifted my spirits, wonderful to hear that there are still some clear thinking, dinki di Aussies living in Bendigo that are upholding our Australian Values and more important our Freedom of Speech. Continue to speak out and vote with your feet. I am sure that the woman who has had her account closed could use some help and support from level headed people like you and your friends, I hope you will contact her and let her know she is not alone in this fight. I salute you!........

http://morningmail.org/bendigo-bank-mosque/

other banks will love that

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #3 - Oct 1st, 2014 at 12:34am

Good that Bendigo Bank shows they won't tolerate bigotry and religious persecution.  Bankers with a sense of social responsibility, who'd have thought it possible.  Good on them!

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

gone
Gold Member

Australian Politics

somewhere
Reply #4 - Oct 1st, 2014 at 12:46am

Bendigo is owned by the National Australian Bank. So I would think Bendigo's policies are made by the people who run the NAB.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #5 - Oct 1st, 2014 at 2:35am

gone wrote on Oct 1st, 2014 at 12:46am:
Bendigo is owned by the National Australian Bank. So I would think Bendigo's policies are made by the people who run the NAB.

That - I didn't know and will now be the reason why I will soon close my account with them. I thought they were an authentic 'Small Bank'? I never liked the Westpac, Commonwealth, National Aust Bank and ANZ - as my money is at the mercy of the International whim.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Kytro
Gold Member

Blasphemy: a victimless
crime

Adelaide
Reply #6 - Oct 1st, 2014 at 5:05am

Perhaps not, banks  Bankwest is owned by CBA but policies differ.

IP Logged

Swagman
Gold Member

Beware of cheap imitations......

Illawarra NSW
Reply #7 - Oct 1st, 2014 at 8:31am

It's not a subsidiary of NAB.  Where did you get that from?  Huh

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Eganstown, via Daylesford, VIC
Reply #8 - Oct 1st, 2014 at 9:40am

Sprintcyclist wrote on Sep 30th, 2014 at 11:08pm:
and lots of comments later are people closing their accounts and going to the opposition.

What sort of comments were you EXPECTING - from regular followers of
Larry Pickering
?

buzzanddidj wrote on Sep 11th, 2014 at 1:37pm:
Quote:
RESIDENTS in East Bendigo seem unperturbed by a proposal for Bendigo’s first mosque.

The Bendigo Advertiser went door knocking in Rohs Road on Saturday and could find no one bothered by the idea of a mosque being built on Rohs Road.

A planning application was submitted by Tomkinson Group to the City of Greater Bendigo last week  for a multi-use Islamic centre  including two prayer halls, education facilities, a community sports hall, caretaker house and office.

The proposed mosque, funded by the Australian Islamic Mission, will offer prayer facilities for 150 families who are outgrowing rooms they are using for prayer at La Trobe University.

In its application the Tomkinson Group said the centre would “define Bendigo as a welcoming multicultural city”

http://www.bendigoadvertiser.com.au/story/2017794/residents-relaxed-about-propos...

Quote:
Last month Fairfax Media revealed Restore Australia had funded opponents of the
Bendigo mosque
, including Ms Evers and Julie Kendall, her co-administrator on the Facebook page, to help their campaign.

Restore Australia
is run by former One Nation candidates Mike Holt and Charles Mollison.

Both men live on the Sunshine Coast.

Yesterday Mr Mollison was stopped by police in Bendigo after he drove a truck bearing anti-mosque slogans through the city while broadcasting Muslim calls-to-prayer from a loudspeaker.

Restore Australia also administers a subgroup called http://islam4infidels.com/which issues written advice for people or communities wanting to campaign against mosques.

Mr Holt said Restore Australia shared material and ideology with two groups in Britain -
the EnglishDefenceLeague.orgknown for anti-Islamic street protests, and Liberty Great Britain, a new far-right political party

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/bendigo-woman-behind-antimosque-facebook-page-...

Bendigo, for a country town, is more tolerant place than you might EXPECT

The
"Stop the Mosque in Bendigo"
hate group was a group of half a dozen, or so, who withdrew formal opposition to the mosque - once their cloak of anonymity was ripped off

'I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.'

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Oct 1st, 2014 at 9:48am

Bendigo is owned by the National Australian Bank.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Oct 1st, 2014 at 11:00am

Jasin wrote on Oct 1st, 2014 at 2:35am:

That - I didn't know and will now be the reason why I will soon close my account with them. I thought they were an authentic 'Small Bank'? I never liked the Westpac, Commonwealth, National Aust Bank and ANZ - as my money is at the mercy of the International whim.

you want a genuine small bank, try BOQ .... each branch is a franchise usually owned by the manager of the branch .... i haven't seen my manager for about 4 yrs, i call usually once or twice a year to clarify something, and yet he always knows who I am.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Swagman
Gold Member

Beware of cheap imitations......

Illawarra NSW
Reply #11 - Oct 1st, 2014 at 11:33am

Ha, the small banks are 'owned' (major / controlling shareholders) by virtually the same companies that 'control' the big 4.

The following are the major shareholders in Bendigo Bank (from 2014 AR)

HSBC CUSTODY NOMINEES (AUSTRALIA) LIMITED 16%
JP MORGAN NOMINEES AUSTRALIA LIMITED 9%
NATIONAL NOMINEES LIMITED 6%
CITICORP NOMINEES PTY LIMITED 4%

Shocked

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Oct 1st, 2014 at 11:46am

Bendigo is owned by the National Australian Bank.

That is
100% INCORRECT

The Bendigo Bank is one half of the
Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Limited

The Bendigo Bank is a LEADER in underwriting community banks

I bank with the
Daylesford and District Community Bank Limited

Quote:
Sponsorships & Grants

Daylesford and District Community Bank Limited
opened for business on 17 April 2012. Since then, the Community Bank has returned in excess of $40,000 to community organisations.

Profits derived by the Company are in part returned to the community through sponsorships, grants and donations. The more customers and business, the more resources are returned to the community.

Are you a not-for-profit organisation interested in applying for sponsorship, a grant or a donation?

If your answer is yes, please download our Policy and Procedures and complete an Application form for consideration by the Board.

http://www.bendigobank.com.au/public/community/our-branches/daylesford/sponsorsh...

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #13 - Oct 1st, 2014 at 1:45pm

Rednecks usually keep their savings in a coffee jar buried in the back yard.

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Oct 1st, 2014 at 2:19pm

Swagman wrote on Oct 1st, 2014 at 11:33am:

Ha, the small banks are 'owned' (major / controlling shareholders) by virtually the same companies that 'control' the big 4.

The following are the major shareholders in Bendigo Bank (from 2014 AR)

HSBC CUSTODY NOMINEES (AUSTRALIA) LIMITED 16%
JP MORGAN NOMINEES AUSTRALIA LIMITED 9%
NATIONAL NOMINEES LIMITED 6%
CITICORP NOMINEES PTY LIMITED 4%

Shocked

You are right

Quote:

' Although Australia’s Big 4 promote competitiveness amongst themselves, they are all owned by the same (mostly foreign) financial interests; specifically HSBC Custody Nominees, J P Morgan Nominees Aus Ltd, National Nominees Ltd and Citicorp Nominees Pty Ltd.

Startlingly, smaller competitors like St. George and Aussie Home Loans – who claim to offer consumers a “fair go” – are also subsidiaries of the same corporate giants'  end quote

And when we scroll down to the 'smaller competitors' -- there's Bendigo Bank -- and the rest

Nice neat diagram for you

Handy to keep

The text's not bad, either

http://wakeup-world.com/2013/08/05/australias-big-4-banks-are-all-owned-by-the-same-financial-interest/

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print