Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The TV doco series 'The British' ~ something new. (Read 335 times)
Lord Herbert
Gold Member

The TV doco series 'The British' ~ something new.
Sep 26th, 2014 at 3:00pm

What's new is that it's the first documentary series on Britain and the British since mass-immigration that hasn't been driven by a leftwing agenda to degrade and demonise British history as having been a narrative of unremitting evil empire-building and the heartless exploitation of bare-foot natives.

Each is an hour-long episode, and to my amazement ~ (after all these years of watching nothing but damning docos of the British made by Greenie-type far leftwing 'historians') ~ the producers have opted for the novel approach of actually showing all the positives that came out of the British nation.

One of the biggest eye-openers for the foreign viewer is that the English working class lived and worked in conditions far more diseased, foul, and miserable than did the so-called 'exploited' natives of the Britain's Empire.

Deeply committed Anglophobes such as Laugh and Karnal are advised not to watch any of these episodes for fear of going into Cardiac Arrest at this very politically incorrect treatment of British history and achievement as being laudable, and the bases of the west's modern civilisation.

« Last Edit: Sep 26th, 2014 at 5:55pm by Lord Herbert »  

IP Logged

Sappho
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: The TV doco series 'The British' ~ something new.
Reply #1 - Sep 26th, 2014 at 3:14pm

I've been watching that on catch up iview tv.... Brilliant it is. Thoroughly enjoying it.

"Love is a cunning weaver of fantasies and fables."

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #2 - Sep 26th, 2014 at 3:25pm

Sappho wrote on Sep 26th, 2014 at 3:14pm:
I've been watching that on catch up iview tv.... Brilliant it is. Thoroughly enjoying it.

Hi Sappho!

Do me a fava and tell me where the heck have you bean? I've bean wondering where you've bean hiding yourself.

The series is certainly well-made, but as I've said, I watch it with a certain fascination for it not falling into line with all the other docos that sought to make the average Pom hang his head in shame.

Look how dinki di Aussies are forever being told by their Greenie-leftwing academics that they should hide their faces in disgrace at the 'genocide' and the 'stealing' of aborigines and their children.

After the past 40 years it looks like a new kind of academic is emerging from our universities ~ ones not nearly so happy to flog the Brits and Aussies as monsters for a few unfortunate incidences committed generations ago.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Sep 26th, 2014 at 3:58pm

its the same here dont you think.. just about all Australian history was evil..how we ever got this old.200 yrs is a mystery by jove.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #4 - Sep 26th, 2014 at 8:22pm

Link? Directions where to watch the program?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print