Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Philips DVD-RW discs won't play in my player (Read 482 times)
Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Philips DVD-RW discs won't play in my player
Sep 17th, 2014 at 1:57pm

I bought 5 of them. Put one in the DVD-Player to record something that I previously had recorded off the air to the hard drive.

It recorded okay, but when I tried to play it back in the same DVD-Player I got a notice saying nothing was recorded to the disc.

I took the disc out and saw that a recording had been made to the disc.

It still wouldn't playback in the machine, or my other DVD-Player ~ or in the computor.

An old imation 'DVD+RW' disc records and plays back perfectly. The DVD-Player has both DVD-RW and DVD+RW capability.

Philips is a respectable brand. I can't think what the problem is.

IP Logged

Black Orchid
Gold Member

Re: Philips DVD-RW discs won't play in my player
Reply #1 - Sep 17th, 2014 at 6:48pm

I don't think the brand of DVD makes too much difference.  Is the DVD player an older model?  If you are burning, burn at a slow speed. 

I have had the same problem in the past whereby some burns played and others didn't.  You have to check which formats your DVD player recognises and make sure the 'recording' (download or whatever it is) is in the same format and is supported.

Are you recording shows directly from the tv or doing downloads from the internet which you transfer to DVD?

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #2 - Sep 18th, 2014 at 12:23am

You should always download completely any files before attempting to burn them to a DVD/CD.  Otherwise your burning software may well experience stuttering as the download speed varies.

Herbie, was this just one DVD disk or was it the entire packet?   One may well have been a manufacturing fault, even the entire packet perhaps.  Try a different brand, bought from a different store.

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

|dev|null
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Sep 18th, 2014 at 4:27pm

Did you forget to wind the phonogram, Sensei?   Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

"Pens and books are the weapons that defeat terrorism." - Malala Yousefzai, 2013.

"we will never ever solve violence while we grasp for overly simplistic solutions."
Freediver, 2007.

IP Logged

MumboJumbo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Sep 18th, 2014 at 6:55pm

Yeah, check what format your video is. Most players can do mp4. Also, use a decent burning software - I've found Nero to be a pain in the rear end.

See Profile For Update wrote on Jan 3rd, 2015 at 2:58pm:
Why the bugger did I get stuck on a planet chalked full of imbeciles?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print