Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Dash Cam Owners Australia ... (Read 2545 times)
Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Dash Cam Owners Australia ...
Sep 16th, 2014 at 9:09pm

Ask any truckie and he'll tell you there's a nightmare situation out there on the roads because people are playing with their mobile phones.

link

Pilots play with mobile phones too ....

link

« Last Edit: Sep 16th, 2014 at 9:16pm by Lord Herbert »  

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: Dash Cam Owners Australia ...
Reply #1 - Sep 16th, 2014 at 9:18pm

Do you know, Walter, that in Queensland, Cabs are banned from having those cameras.  Being the big shite I am, I have them anyway, just waiting for some Copper to do me in, and when they do, I'll point to their cameras.  Unbelievable.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #2 - Sep 16th, 2014 at 9:24pm

Aussie wrote on Sep 16th, 2014 at 9:18pm:
Do you know, Walter, that in Queensland, Cabs are banned from having those cameras.  Being the big shite I am, I have them anyway, just waiting for some Copper to do me in, and when they do, I'll point to their cameras.  Unbelievable.

Good on you. That's ridiculous. They must reckon those cameras would reduce their revenue raising.

Next time a traffic cop stops you for illegal multiple hiring ~ just stick one of your cameras up his
CENSORED
and give him an unscheduled colonoscopy ~ and then 'YouTube' the results.

I'm damn glad I don't own a car. It's a War Zone out there I'm told. Doubly dangerous now that every second person is playing with their mobile phone.

IP Logged

Life_goes_on
Gold Member

400kms south of Yobsville, Qld
Reply #3 - Sep 16th, 2014 at 10:25pm

Dash cams?

Mixing cams and motor vehicles is a bad idea.
We got nabbed with a helmet cam while going for a bit of a putt up the Old Pacific Hwy.
First thing the cop did was confiscate the thing and the next thing we knew we received invitations for a date with the magistrate.

Then again, I guess you might be a law abiding unit. But just what's the point then?
In the hope you have an accident where there's an argument about culpability?

Pilots and mobile phones?
Geez, I fail to see the problem. You can pull a cone up there, doze off, have a wank, watch TV.... it's way, way less demanding than driving a vehicle on the roads.

"You're just one lucky motherf-cker" - Someone, 5th February 2013

Num num num num.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #4 - Sep 17th, 2014 at 7:13am

Life_goes_on wrote on Sep 16th, 2014 at 10:25pm:
Dash cams?

Mixing cams and motor vehicles is a bad idea.

We got nabbed with a helmet cam while going for a bit of a putt up the Old Pacific Hwy.

First thing the cop did was confiscate the thing and the next thing we knew we received invitations for a date with the magistrate.

What is the law that forbids this? And what is the reason?

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #5 - Sep 19th, 2014 at 10:04pm

Got a phone call today from some old bastard with a dash camera (allegedly). Claimed that I drove through an intersection that has a "no right turn" sign for the road that I was driving. I went straight ahead, did a detour drive around the carpark that I was driving passed to get to my place of work, and parked in my parking spot. Got the phone call from the "witless" who made the claims against me. Told him to look again. He did the dash camera footage to the police threat. I gave him nothing. Later, I had another look, just in case some alterations to the signage had been done without my notice. Found that I would have been in the right, had I driven as alleged. For I wasn't doing a right turn. And I was allowed to either drive straight, or left. Police must have thought it a waste of time, but sent a car later that night, anyway. Some people are just pedantic arses.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #6 - Sep 19th, 2014 at 11:05pm

Aussie wrote on Sep 16th, 2014 at 9:18pm:

Good videos.

I don't believe it's illegal to have a dash camera -

it's valuable evidence when there is an incident.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #7 - Sep 20th, 2014 at 8:45am

Dash cams will be nothing once those little helicopters with cameras on them become affordable to every second neighbour.

They'll be hovering over your backyard, and then go up to your windows for a sticky-beak... just peeking and prying all over your residential property with some kid at the controls a couple of houses down.

We ain't seen nothin' yet. 
« Last Edit: Sep 20th, 2014 at 10:14am by Lord Herbert »  

IP Logged

Carl D
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rivervale, Perth
Reply #8 - Sep 20th, 2014 at 9:57am

I've had front and rear dashcams in my car for the past 18 months.

The police in Western Australia are actually encouraging people here to use them because they not only provide invaluable evidence in the case of an accident but, once the idiots on our roads - lots of them and they're on the increase - start to realize there's a pretty good chance someone with a dashcam will record them, they might just decide to abide by the road rules.

I always get a good laugh when some idiot is tailgating me at 100kph on the freeway then they suddenly back off - presumably when they see the camera in the rear window looking at them.  Grin

In the UK, police are also encouraging people to use dashcams and send video evidence to them in the case of accidents, bad driving, etc.

The only place where dashcams are banned (as far as I know) is Austria.

"Masks are sand in the gears of the economy" - some f-wit pollie or big business CEO.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #9 - Sep 20th, 2014 at 10:09am

Carl D wrote on Sep 20th, 2014 at 9:57am:
I've had front and rear dashcams in my car for the past 18 months.

The police in Western Australia are actually encouraging people here to use them because they not only provide invaluable evidence in the case of an accident but, once the idiots on our roads - lots of them and they're on the increase - start to realize there's a pretty good chance someone with a dashcam will record them, they might just decide to abide by the road rules.

I always get a good laugh when some idiot is tailgating me at 100kph on the freeway then they suddenly back off - presumably when they see the camera in the rear window looking at them.  Grin

In the UK, police are also encouraging people to use dashcams and send video evidence to them in the case of accidents, bad driving, etc.

The only place where dashcams are banned (as far as I know) is Austria.

Yes it would be good after an accident that wasn't your fault:

It would stop all the perjury in court which happens every day.

IP Logged

Lionel Edriess
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Sep 20th, 2014 at 10:18am

Dash cams?

BRING 'EM ON!      

Grin

Toughen up, Australia!

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #11 - Sep 20th, 2014 at 11:48am

Lionel Edriess wrote on Sep 20th, 2014 at 10:18am:
Dash cams?

BRING 'EM ON!      

Grin

That is so funny - I wonder if it was staged?

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #12 - Sep 20th, 2014 at 1:41pm

People are walking around everywhere with Camera's attached to their heads.
It's called 'Third Eye' and they record every second of their life in case they need to 'recall' a certain event in case of a 'legal' situation.

Saw a man being beaten to death and over 50 people standing around 'recording' the event to show Police and get some money off the Media for their footage.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #13 - Sep 20th, 2014 at 1:42pm

...the Eye of Sauron is watching

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Sophia
Gold Member

Reply #14 - Sep 20th, 2014 at 7:34pm

I think them dash cams are a great asset.
Am astonished that Queensland bans them  Shocked Oh just typical of Queensland, so behind the times eh?  Roll Eyes
Now what happens, if we drive from interstate where we are allowed the dash cam, and drive into Qld? What then?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print