Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Predictions for Australia 2014-2016 (Read 4022 times)
Freedumb
Gold Member

Australian Politics

WA
Predictions for Australia 2014-2016
Sep 11th, 2014 at 5:44pm

Today is September 11th, marking the 13 year anniversary since the 9/11 attacks occurred.

Since then, there has been much change -- though I fear it is not for the better, things only seem to be getting worse. Despite many Americans giving up their freedom and civil rights by an over-paranoid (or deliberate) government, it has not much an inch of difference. There are still potential threats, one by the name of ISIS, a group of Islamic extremists hell bent on Islamic domination. I have my own ideas and theories about ISIS which I will not repeat in this post -- the intention of this post is to try to convey the message on a level that everyone will understand. So what has our country got to do with the Americans and their government decisions, one may ask?
Well I'll get there soon enough.

First I think it's important to note that Australia is quite a free country in comparison to many. Sure, the USA can buy guns and have as many pets as they want, and even have the option not to vote in elections, but on the other side of the spectrum there are laws now in place where one's house and property can be searched, individuals can be arrested on the basis of nothing. This is what the Patriot Act brought in, after the 9/11 attacks. Also, there is the case of big brother -- surveillance everywhere, in the form of cameras, online data, etc. Australia would have the same surveillance to a certain degree, but I don't believe the authorities take it so seriously. Not long ago an African American man was shot, unarmed, by the police. If you saw the footage you'll notice that police in the USA much resemble that of the military. Now I know that there is another side of the story; this man was supposedly involved with illegal drug dealing gangs and what not, but this isn't the point. My point here is that they've seen a fusion of military and police; a bill has actually been passed in the US that allows military to become involved in civil situations, when previously they were not.
In this country, situations like that are always dealt with by the police and the justice system. We always here of horrible crimes, and more often than not, criminals receive a poor sentencing and are let out, which enrages us. One could say that in this situation, there is far too much freedom -- but remember these people are the type who take advantage of this freedom, and will ruin it for everybody else, which seems to be a way of life. Think the September 11 attacks -- hijackers, under the order of Bin Laden, flew planes into buildings and killed thousands of people. Fast-forward to now and its the American people who are paying for this, not Bin Laden nor the hijackers. Then there is the Iraq invasion where many innocent Iraqi citizens died and many American soldiers have died for the cause as well.

Which brings me to ISIS and the current situation: yesterday it was announced the terrorism threat level was raised to high, but what I find most interesting is that intelligence had already been gathered of potential threats so you would think that there would have been a warning much earlier, no?
But never mind that for a moment, let's just assume that a terrorist attack will occur in this country, which given the circumstances, you would think so.
Would it be wrong to think that Australia would want to follow the USA with their security measures?
A very wise member of this forum, JaSin, once said in a post that Australia's future is America's past.
While it seems justifiable on the surface, there are many concerns. Below is a link to a *BANNED* episode of Jesse Ventura's Conspiracy Theory. I can almost hear a certain Outrage Bus laughing about this as a means to provide evidence or whatever, but please ignore the person and format of the video. It's the facts of this video that counts, and there are facts and disturbing evidence, of what has happened in the aftermath of 9/11, which continues to this day. Keep in mind that there is very real footage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDA1ASYK1ws

This episode starts off with an investigation of "Fusion centres". Fusion centres are "intelligence gathering agencies" for potential threats. It is said that they are used to counter terrorism, but one has to question why a woman participating in a political campaign for Ron Paul is considered a terrorist threat?
From there on, Ventura and his gang of conspiracy investigators are lead onto a path of other strange, and terrifying, government operations.
You will see:
-"Residential camps" - or as some people call them, concentration camps, with double fencing and barbed wire pointing inwards rather than outwards.
- A proposed council to control 10 different areas of the United States, people that were not voted in by the people - bill was passed.
- A disturbing collection of plastic coffins hidden away
-US Government officials who seem to have no clue on what's going on, even though they passed the bill on the implementation of these government controlled places

It appears that the US government is preparing for something catastrophic. Natural disasters, plague-like flu epidemics and of course terrorist threats. But like Ventura says, "I'd rather face the danger than lose my freedom."
I concur with that.
Of course, I could be paranoid. But what with all of these terrorism and ISIS threats, I have to wonder. Will we become a police state?

Nothing would be what it is,
Because everything would be what it isn't.
And contrary-wise - what it is, it wouldn't be.
And what it wouldn't be, it would.
You see?

- Lewis Carroll

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Predictions for Australia 2014-2016
Reply #1 - Sep 11th, 2014 at 6:15pm

not quite sure what the predictions you are making are.. can you explain .. in brief.

as it is I am all for higher security we cant be too complacent in this day and age...

remember prior to 9/11... those who high jacked the planes actually took flying lesson in America.. and it was obvious to those who "trained" them they were only interested in getting off the ground...odd to say the least... no one paid the slightest attention..

I would imagine now eve ISIS has woken up and will train their boys before sending them on their next mission....

http://www.abc.net.au/pm/content/2014/s4085050.htm

eptember 10, 2014 18:10:00

Listen to MP3 of this story ( minutes)
| MP3 DOWNLOAD
MARK COLVIN: Counter-terrorism police have arrested two men in Queensland and are preparing to charge them with terrorism related offences.

Today's arrests in Queensland are the result of a 12 month investigation into the recruitment and funding of Australians fighting in Syria.

The pair have links to an Islamic centre south of Brisbane, which Australian Federal Police and Queensland Police raided this morning.

Only last night, the head of ASIO suggested a possible raising of Australia's terror threat level, but police have stressed that there's no evidence to suggest that these two men were planning an attack in Australia.

IP Logged

Freedumb
Gold Member

Australian Politics

WA
Reply #2 - Sep 11th, 2014 at 7:21pm

cods wrote on Sep 11th, 2014 at 6:15pm:
not quite sure what the predictions you are making are.. can you explain .. in brief.

as it is I am all for higher security we cant be too complacent in this day and age...

remember prior to 9/11... those who high jacked the planes actually took flying lesson in America.. and it was obvious to those who "trained" them they were only interested in getting off the ground...odd to say the least... no one paid the slightest attention..

I would imagine now eve ISIS has woken up and will train their boys before sending them on their next mission....

| MP3 DOWNLOAD
MARK COLVIN: Counter-terrorism police have arrested two men in Queensland and are preparing to charge them with terrorism related offences.

Today's arrests in Queensland are the result of a 12 month investigation into the recruitment and funding of Australians fighting in Syria.

The pair have links to an Islamic centre south of Brisbane, which Australian Federal Police and Queensland Police raided this morning.

Only last night, the head of ASIO suggested a possible raising of Australia's terror threat level, but police have stressed that there's no evidence to suggest that these two men were planning an attack in Australia.

My prediction is of a possible terrorist attack, and the enforcement much like what the US experienced.

Yes, the fact that the hijackers were trained to fly in the US is a cause for concern. What is also a concern was the fact that the Bush and Bin Laden families had close business ties... one must wonder if Bush was apart of it (popular conspiracy theory) or if it's a case of Islamic extremist infiltration?

You see?

- Lewis Carroll

IP Logged

George_Orhell

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Sep 11th, 2014 at 7:29pm

Freedumb wrote on Sep 11th, 2014 at 7:21pm:

| MP3 DOWNLOAD

My prediction is of a possible terrorist attack, and the enforcement much like what the US experienced.

Yes, the fact that the hijackers were trained to fly in the US is a cause for concern. What is also a concern was the fact that the Bush and Bin Laden families had close business ties... one must wonder if Bush was apart of it (popular conspiracy theory) or if it's a case of Islamic extremist infiltration?

My word, so it was you who advised Asio chief David Irvine that the threat level needed to be raised!

Ya might be a little out of kilter with the "Bush and Bin Laden close ties" stuff though......ya may have to rethink that theory.......

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
"Holy Sh!t ... What a Ride!"

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #4 - Sep 11th, 2014 at 7:33pm

Quote:
Predictions for Australia 2014-2016

Whyalla will be wiped off the map.

IP Logged

Freedumb
Gold Member

Australian Politics

WA
Reply #5 - Sep 11th, 2014 at 7:33pm

George_Orhell wrote on Sep 11th, 2014 at 7:29pm:

| MP3 DOWNLOAD

My word, so it was you who advised Asio chief David Irvine that the threat level needed to be raised!

Ya might be a little out of kilter with the "Bush and Bin Laden close ties" stuff though......ya may have to rethink that theory.......

I've seen various sources that all say it's true. Whether it is "credible" or not is to everyone's individual perception. I certainly don't think you're likely to find the information available on the internet.
The documentary Fahrenheit 911 goes into it, though Michael Moore is a bit of a d1ckweed.  Wink

You see?

- Lewis Carroll

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Sep 11th, 2014 at 8:11pm

Yes, the fact that the hijackers were trained to fly in the US is a cause for concern. What is also a concern was the fact that the Bush and Bin Laden families had close business ties... one must wonder if Bush was apart of it (popular conspiracy theory) or if it's a case of Islamic extremist infiltration

bizarre... the Bin Laden family have lived in America for years...and if you are going to say one rotten egg in a family is enough to tar the rest of them well god help Ivan Milats family... who as far as I know have done nothing anywhere near like what he is serving time for..

a possible terrorist attack is not a prediction.. its a bet each way.. Grin Grin

everything is possible... I could win lotto this week.. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes.. and then again I may not..

one thing for sure its getting harder and harder to be invisible in this world...not a bad thing at all..I have nothing to hide dunno about you.... so they can check all they want..I set the alarms off at the airport a real pain.. but its all in a good cause so you put up with it..so far thankfully I have only been asked to remove my shoes...whew..

IP Logged

Team Froggie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #7 - Sep 11th, 2014 at 8:53pm

cods wrote on Sep 11th, 2014 at 8:11pm:

Yes, the fact that the hijackers were trained to fly in the US is a cause for concern. What is also a concern was the fact that the Bush and Bin Laden families had close business ties... one must wonder if Bush was apart of it (popular conspiracy theory) or if it's a case of Islamic extremist infiltration

bizarre... the Bin Laden family have lived in America for years...and if you are going to say one rotten egg in a family is enough to tar the rest of them
well god help Ivan Milats family... who as far as I know have done nothing anywhere near like what he is serving time for..

a possible terrorist attack is not a prediction.. its a bet each way.. Grin Grin

everything is possible... I could win lotto this week.. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes.. and then again I may not..

one thing for sure its getting harder and harder to be invisible in this world...not a bad thing at all..I have nothing to hide dunno about you.... so they can check all they want..I set the alarms off at the airport a real pain.. but its all in a good cause so you put up with it..so far thankfully I have only been asked to remove my shoes...whew..

Here's one, cods....

Matthew Milat
In 2012, Ivan Milat's great nephew Matthew Milat and his friend Cohen Klein (both aged 19 at the time of their sentencing) were sentenced to 43 years and 32 years in prison respectively, for murdering David Auchterlonie on his 17th birthday with an axe at the Belanglo State Forest in 2010.

"What's in store for me in the direction I don't take?"-Jack Kerouac.

IP Logged

Freedumb
Gold Member

Australian Politics

WA
Reply #8 - Sep 11th, 2014 at 9:29pm

bizarre... the Bin Laden family have lived in America for years...and if you are going to say one rotten egg in a family is enough to tar the rest of them well god help Ivan Milats family... who as far as I know have done nothing anywhere near like what he is serving time for..

I have nothing to hide, I just don't like the idea of being forced into a situation against my will, or being investigated or possibly thrown in jail on the basis of what I think.

You see?

- Lewis Carroll

IP Logged

gizmo_2655
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South West NSW
Reply #9 - Sep 11th, 2014 at 9:36pm

| MP3 DOWNLOAD

Yes, but apparently, Osama, and the Bin Laden family didn't have close tie..

"I just get sick of people who place a label on someone else with their own definition.

It's similar to a strawman fallacy"
Bobbythebat

IP Logged

Freedumb
Gold Member

Australian Politics

WA
Reply #10 - Sep 11th, 2014 at 9:42pm

gizmo_2655 wrote on Sep 11th, 2014 at 9:36pm:

| MP3 DOWNLOAD

Yes, but apparently, Osama, and the Bin Laden family didn't have close tie..

Yes, he was considered "the black sheep". But it wasn't a complete severing of the ties. He still attended birthday celebrations and what not. I guess it's kind of like a family gathering where you don't necessarily get along with other members of the family but you turn up out of respect anyway.

You see?

- Lewis Carroll

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Sep 11th, 2014 at 9:47pm

Team Froggie wrote on Sep 11th, 2014 at 8:53pm:

bizarre... the Bin Laden family have lived in America for years...and if you are going to say one rotten egg in a family is enough to tar the rest of them
well god help Ivan Milats family... who as far as I know have done nothing anywhere near like what he is serving time for..

Here's one, cods....

Matthew Milat
In 2012, Ivan Milat's great nephew Matthew Milat and his friend Cohen Klein (both aged 19 at the time of their sentencing) were sentenced to 43 years and 32 years in prison respectively, for murdering David Auchterlonie on his 17th birthday with an axe at the Belanglo State Forest in 2010.

yes we know... Ivan also had a brother  Richard who is thought to have been with him on  more than one occasion.....how ever Ivan was one of 14 children....which means by the law of average a very small percentage of the Milat family were murderers.. I know Ivan more than made up for the rest of them...

so are you saying by that same token.. the whole of the Bin Laden family are terrorists????????????....

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Sep 11th, 2014 at 9:49pm

Freedumb wrote on Sep 11th, 2014 at 9:29pm:
I have nothing to hide, I just don't like the idea of being forced into a situation against my will, or being investigated or possibly thrown in jail on the basis of what I thin

WOW if that is ever likely to happen then its good bye to forums like this.. half the people on here..sound raving mad half the time....most would be should be locked up...

IP Logged

Freedumb
Gold Member

Australian Politics

WA
Reply #13 - Sep 11th, 2014 at 9:56pm

cods wrote on Sep 11th, 2014 at 9:49pm:
Freedumb wrote on Sep 11th, 2014 at 9:29pm:
I have nothing to hide, I just don't like the idea of being forced into a situation against my will, or being investigated or possibly thrown in jail on the basis of what I thin

WOW if that is ever likely to happen then its good bye to forums like this.. half the people on here..sound raving mad half the time....most would be should be locked up...

Exactly, I mean come on, I fall under that category, do I not?  Cheesy Cheesy

It isn't so absurd, Hillary Clinton is pushing to censor information on the internet. The USA also want to ban "conspiracy theorizing" on the basis that it leads to extremism and then possibly, terrorism. This was featured in that link I posted in the OP. It is insane because war and bombing the government is not what I stand for, I wouldn't be the way I am if I wanted that. I simply want to see a better future not just for this country but for the entire race, and as it stands now, it's looking pretty grim.

You see?

- Lewis Carroll

IP Logged

The Heartless Felon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Sep 12th, 2014 at 6:24am

"A very wise member of this forum, JaSin, once said in a post that Australia's future is America's past."- from the OP.

That completely destroys your credibility...

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print