Royal worship (Read 3257 times)
Freedumb
Gold Member

Australian Politics

WA
Royal worship
Sep 9th, 2014 at 7:42pm

Can somebody answer me this question:
If there are so many patriotic, proud Australians that like to "p1ss on the poms" in sports events such as cricket, or in general day to day life, where true Aussies **HATE THE POMS**, then why is it that when the Windsors royal family of England travel to this country, or go to the commonwealth games, it is important to
1. Get a "selfie" with the sour-faced snot-nosed Queen Elizabeth and
2. Consume a large amount of time participating in the hobby known as "royal watching"?

Why must Australian females wet their knickers over a toad with a royal title?
Why must the media go on and on about anything related to the royal family?
Who are they really? A family born into rule and entitlement, INBRED, with silver spoons jammed tightly up their a$$, and the sooner people stop worshipping these celebrities in "high places" the sooner they will grow a brain.

Nothing would be what it is,
Because everything would be what it isn't.
And contrary-wise - what it is, it wouldn't be.
And what it wouldn't be, it would.
You see?

- Lewis Carroll

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Re: Royal worship
Reply #1 - Sep 9th, 2014 at 8:12pm

The French had no time for the royal family -

they cut their heads off - a bit like the Muslims now.

Head hacking fever has been with us before.

IP Logged

Freedumb
Gold Member

Australian Politics

WA
Reply #2 - Sep 9th, 2014 at 9:10pm

Bobby. wrote on Sep 9th, 2014 at 8:12pm:
The French had no time for the royal family -

they cut their heads off - a bit like the Muslims now.

Head hacking fever has been with us before.

Head hacking fever's been popular throughout eternity.

You see?

- Lewis Carroll

IP Logged

gizmo_2655
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South West NSW
Reply #3 - Sep 10th, 2014 at 1:00am

Freedumb wrote on Sep 9th, 2014 at 7:42pm:
Can somebody answer me this question:
If there are so many patriotic, proud Australians that like to "p1ss on the poms" in sports events such as cricket, or in general day to day life, where true Aussies **HATE THE POMS**,
then why is it that when the Windsors royal family of England travel to this country, or go to the commonwealth games, it is important to
1. Get a "selfie" with the sour-faced snot-nosed Queen Elizabeth and
2. Consume a large amount of time participating in the hobby known as "royal watching"?

Why must Australian females wet their knickers over a toad with a royal title?
Why must the media go on and on about anything related to the royal family?
Who are they really? A family born into rule and entitlement, INBRED, with silver spoons jammed tightly up their a$$, and the sooner people stop worshipping these celebrities in "high places" the sooner they will grow a brain.

Because patriotic, proud Australians don't actually 'hate' the poms. It's more of a friendly sledging, or respectful rivalry than anything else.

"I just get sick of people who place a label on someone else with their own definition.

It's similar to a strawman fallacy"
Bobbythebat

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #4 - Sep 10th, 2014 at 6:43am

I don't think the majority of Australians give a hoot really.
I for one, admire Queen Mary of Denmark more so - for obvious reasons.  Wink

It's more the fact that the MEDIA is so focused on the Brit Royalty, probably an 'American' thing that's associated with all things 'Celebrity'. The title of King was originally based upon being a MASTER of CEREMONIES, with an Emperor being the Master of Military and as you see, a President as Master of Politics.

So the concept of Royalty in Europe has been so corrupted by Politics & Military, that it is a far cry from its original and more proper state of being: Prince William
should
really be a Musician/Singer and 'King' of Entertainment in Europe  Wink

We live in a world where a Boat is used only to sit in a trailer and be driven by a car along roads  Roll Eyes

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

sherri
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne, Australia
Reply #5 - Sep 10th, 2014 at 8:41am

Come off it, people like a selfie with anyone who is in the public eye, royal or not. Grin
Even a footballer would do.
True.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #6 - Sep 10th, 2014 at 12:17pm

I'm old school in that if, and I have, come to see someone who is considered 'celebrity', etc. I don't bother them for a 'photo' or 'autograph', like I wouldn't with anyone else.

There was a time in Australia where famous Celebrities could come to Australia for a more 'private' living experience to get away from all that stuff and 'many' did.

Now we live in an Era where people have CAMERAS ATTACHED TO THEIR HEADS for fear of missing out on something.  Roll Eyes

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

brumbie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Sep 10th, 2014 at 12:26pm

1. Get a "selfie" with the sour-faced snot-nosed Queen Elizabeth

Lol...you're obviously a bit of a "selfie" yourself and you don't like others stealing your thunder.

C'mon admit it...It's all about you isn't it?

IP Logged

Freedumb
Gold Member

Australian Politics

WA
Reply #8 - Sep 10th, 2014 at 4:41pm

brumbie wrote on Sep 10th, 2014 at 12:26pm:
1. Get a "selfie" with the sour-faced snot-nosed Queen Elizabeth

Lol...you're obviously a bit of a "selfie" yourself and you don't like others stealing your thunder.

C'mon admit it...It's all about you isn't it?

Lovely assumption, but what "thunder" do I really have to begin with?  Wink
I am merely a regular Jo, a human being and I don't try to be anything different. Ego is a dangerous, pointless thing that makes you silly.  Wink
I'm surprised you didn't tell me straight out that I'm "just jealous". No, actually, I am quite fine being me and not in the spotlight where billions of people watch you and worship you from afar without even knowing who you really are.

JaSin -- I think you may be right, there. As always, you have excellent points, inside of riddles.  Cheesy

You see?

- Lewis Carroll

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #9 - Sep 10th, 2014 at 10:37pm

Are you saying I'm 'cryptic' as if I have something hidden just below the surface?

IP Logged

Freedumb
Gold Member

Australian Politics

WA
Reply #10 - Sep 10th, 2014 at 10:43pm

Jasin wrote on Sep 10th, 2014 at 10:37pm:
Are you saying I'm 'cryptic' as if I have something hidden just below the surface?

Something along those lines. Or maybe you just have an intriguing way of writing? I've never had the honour of speaking to somebody with your way of words and intelligent opinions before. Smiley

You see?

- Lewis Carroll

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #11 - Sep 10th, 2014 at 10:54pm

Well what can I say - I'm just a Janitor at an All-Girls Catholic High School.  Wink

Cheers  Smiley

[edit]: You're pretty hot looking yourself FreeDumb (Freedom).  Cool
« Last Edit: Sep 10th, 2014 at 11:09pm by Jasin »  

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #12 - Sep 11th, 2014 at 4:37am

I mix with celebrities, and always follow the principle of treating them as ordinary people - something they rarely get - and not intruding into their space without specific invitation.

A brief handshake and a 'Hello again, Tom, Kylie, Brad etc.. thanks for the work you're doing' is usually sufficient....

One must, after all, exercise some class and discretion.. if not outright courtesy....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

George_Orhell

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Sep 11th, 2014 at 7:40am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Sep 11th, 2014 at 4:37am:
I mix with celebrities, and always follow the principle of treating them as ordinary people - something they rarely get - and not intruding into their space without specific invitation.

A brief handshake and a 'Hello again, Tom, Kylie, Brad etc.. thanks for the work you're doing' is usually sufficient....

One must, after all, exercise some class and discretion.. if not outright courtesy....

So upon which of their arse cheeks do you plant your kiss after your little introduction?

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
"Holy Sh!t ... What a Ride!"

IP Logged

Freedumb
Gold Member

Australian Politics

WA
Reply #14 - Sep 11th, 2014 at 7:25pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Sep 11th, 2014 at 4:37am:

Well that is major difference to kissing ar$e, as George Orhell has implied that you do  Wink

JaSin: You and I have similar professions.  Smiley I work as a cleaner/caretaker/handy(wo)man and various other jobs, for an all girls institution which I would like to remain undisclosed as a part of my job contract is discretion.
Sometimes those with the most basic of jobs are the smartest, though many would assume that if you work in that kind of deadbeat environment, you are lazy/stupid. I simply just don't know what sort of career I would like to pursue yet, but when I figure it out, I will embark on the path.  Smiley

You see?

- Lewis Carroll

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print