Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
Favourite Recipes .. (Read 6414 times)
Black Orchid

Favourite Recipes ..
Sep 2nd, 2014 at 3:07pm

I don't know about anyone else but I have fits and spurts of creativity in the kitchen.  Right now I am having a lull in the gourmet creativity department.  I just can't seem to think of anything new.  Suggestions and recipes are much appreciated.  I will start it off ...

If you want something really fast and easy this has always been a hit with my youngest and I call it French Onion Chicken Parcels ..

Chicken breast
Partial packet of french onion soup
Cream
Butter

Take some alfoil and lay it out on the bench.  Place the chicken breast on the alfoil and then pour over some cream, followed by a generous sprinkle of french onion soup and a dob of butter.

Roll up the parcel and cook in the oven at 180 for around 30 mins.  Depending on the size of the chicken breast + or - the time.

IP Logged

Annie Anthrax
Gold Member

Take the plan, spin it
sideways

Re: Favourite Recipes ..
Reply #1 - Sep 2nd, 2014 at 3:49pm

That sounds good. I loathe cooking, so quick and easy is my thing.

I can't do this, but I'm doing it anyway.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Sep 7th, 2014 at 7:11pm

I dont know how mums do it today I really dont.. my youngest was 9 before I went back to work...so well done girls all power to you..

...a good idea is for me.. was to freeze left over like casseroles.. spag.bol sce.. in individual serves.. line single serve ramekins with gladwrap and fill cover and  freeze...remove from pot when frozen and store in a clean used ice cream container.. then when needed just heat and serve with Sun Rice brown rice x 2..[ on the shelf].they take 40 seconds in the microwave...do more gravy or sauce though they seem to dry up after freezing I find...

if you make Goulash try cauliflower instead of Potato..or both..

IP Logged

ashlee

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Oct 19th, 2014 at 5:58pm

Black Orchid wrote on Sep 2nd, 2014 at 3:07pm:
I don't know about anyone else but I have fits and spurts of creativity in the kitchen.  Right now I am having a lull in the gourmet creativity department.  I just can't seem to think of anything new.  Suggestions and recipes are much appreciated.  I will start it off ...

If you want something really fast and easy this has always been a hit with my youngest and I call it French Onion Chicken Parcels ..

Chicken breast
Partial packet of french onion soup
Cream
Butter

Take some alfoil and lay it out on the bench.  Place the chicken breast on the alfoil and then pour over some cream, followed by a generous sprinkle of french onion soup and a dob of butter.

Roll up the parcel and cook in the oven at 180 for around 30 mins.  Depending on the size of the chicken breast + or - the time.

Yum, sounds tasty. I don't have a "favourite", my meals are for easy dining/lunches/breakfasts for husband,kids and family who show up unannounced. En papillote, which is pretty much the same as your method, and has the same effect, is an absolutely awesome quick way to create a meal, for 2-4. Chicken is perfect for this method, and fish of course. What ever you do with your chicken, you can do with fish.Throw in your protein of choice, sauce, seasoning and sliced or pre-cooked veg, from last nights meal if any......sorted.

Sweet & sour chicken nuggets. These things are so versatile. Serves 4-6 If you like sweet and sour of course. You can teriyaki nuggets as well.

This is how I do rice. Coffee mugs are fine.
1 cup rice(basmati is the best)
2 cups cold water.
Bring to boil. Stir occasionally to stop it sticking, as rice does.Turn off heat, put lid on and leave it. 20 minutes later, it's ready.

You will need at least a kilo, or more, of battered nuggets, especially if you have a children.

While nuggets are baking, as per instructions or choice, because a little under is better for moistness, they will finish cooking when the sauce is added.
Throw into a small pot (taste as you go and adjust to your personal preference), 1 can of pineapple pieces/slices/crushed (your choice), 2 Tbsp oyster sauce, 4Tbsp tomato ketchup or sauce, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 2Tbsp light soy sauce. 2 Tbsp cornstarch mixed into approx. 1/4-1/3 cup vinegar (cider/white or malt), sliced capsicum/grated carrot,sliced onion etc you choose and salt. Heat till thickened, stir in nuggets, serve on rice. Un dressed coleslaw is a nice side.

IP Logged

Black Orchid

Reply #4 - Oct 23rd, 2014 at 1:54pm

Sounds good.  Personally, I am not a big fan of sweet and sour but I like the teriyaki option.  Thanks Ashlee   Smiley

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Oct 23rd, 2014 at 1:57pm

cods wrote on Sep 7th, 2014 at 7:11pm:
I dont know how mums do it today I really dont.. my youngest was 9 before I went back to work...so well done girls all power to you..

And the Dads.

IP Logged

Black Orchid

Reply #6 - Oct 23rd, 2014 at 2:28pm

Yes, the Dads.

I have a male friend who worked full time, cooked ALL the meals, did the washing, organised the kids for school, did all the nightly feedings for the baby, helped with homework, did the lawns etc etc etc.  His wife sat on her fat backside all day and did nothing.  He loved her.  God knows why.

I also know another 2 whose wives left them because they couldn't cope.  One with 2 kids and the other with 4.

I don't think we forget the Dads but we often don't give them enough recognition.

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #7 - Oct 23rd, 2014 at 2:38pm

Courtesy of the child bride.

Yummy Beef Rissoles
(Using packet chicken noodle soup mix)

500g lean beef mince
1 x 45g chicken noodle soup mix
1 tablespoon tomato sauce
1 tablespoon bbq sauce
1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
1 egg
1 carrot grated
Breadcrumbs
Onion Flakes
Salt and Pepper

1 Mix all ingredients together until well combined, then form into medium sized balls
2 Heat a small amount of olive oil in a fry-pan
3 place rissoles into fry-pan, flatten out. Try to only turn once and fry approx 8 minutes on each side over medium heat.

Nice with onion gravy

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

ian
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #8 - Oct 23rd, 2014 at 4:28pm

heres my favourite, pick up a chick who knows how to cook.

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #9 - Oct 23rd, 2014 at 4:35pm

Ian, you are in deep trouble with the girls on here!

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

Black Orchid

Reply #10 - Oct 25th, 2014 at 11:04am

ian wrote on Oct 23rd, 2014 at 4:28pm:

I hate to tell you this but men who either cannot cook or are unwilling to even try are not at all appealing to most women.  So I don't like your chances  Cool

IP Logged

Black Orchid

Reply #11 - Oct 25th, 2014 at 11:05am

Redneck, I am going to try that recipe this weekend.

IP Logged

ashlee

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Oct 26th, 2014 at 3:55pm

Black Orchid wrote on Oct 23rd, 2014 at 1:54pm:
Sounds good.  Personally, I am not a big fan of sweet and sour but I like the teriyaki option.  Thanks Ashlee   Smiley

Welcome Black Orchid  Smiley and personally, I just prefer the teriyaki as well, just omit the pineapple, tomato sauce, vinegar and half the sugar.

IP Logged

ashlee

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Oct 26th, 2014 at 3:56pm

Redmond Neck wrote on Oct 23rd, 2014 at 2:38pm:
Courtesy of the child bride.

Yummy Beef Rissoles
(Using packet chicken noodle soup mix)

500g lean beef mince
1 x 45g chicken noodle soup mix
1 tablespoon tomato sauce
1 tablespoon bbq sauce
1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
1 egg
1 carrot grated
Breadcrumbs
Onion Flakes
Salt and Pepper

1 Mix all ingredients together until well combined, then form into medium sized balls
2 Heat a small amount of olive oil in a fry-pan
3 place rissoles into fry-pan, flatten out. Try to only turn once and fry approx 8 minutes on each side over medium heat.

Nice with onion gravy

That's an excellent meatloaf recipe as well. Yum.

IP Logged

ashlee

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Oct 26th, 2014 at 3:59pm

ian wrote on Oct 23rd, 2014 at 4:28pm:

Cheesy My dad told my brother that when he was little. He finally did it, his girlfriend is a chef.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print