Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 18
Send Topic Print
What I watched last night (Read 58315 times)
bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

Re: What I watched last night
Reply #15 - Oct 9th, 2014 at 11:17am

Annie Anthrax wrote on Oct 3rd, 2014 at 6:58am:
We went to karaoke, as we usually do on Thursdays. It was great.

Is Thursday a Big Brother-free night?

My daughter has been running karaoke for years, could be you're one of her punters.

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

MediocrityNET: because
people died for this!

Reply #16 - Oct 9th, 2014 at 2:30pm

cods wrote on Oct 3rd, 2014 at 5:34pm:
I watched the final of the Bachelor.....and today the wedding is off.. Angry Angry Angry

I feel cheated and ripped off...dunno how Sam feels..

jilted  Huh

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *

IP Logged

Annie Anthrax
Gold Member

Take the plan, spin it
sideways

Reply #17 - Oct 9th, 2014 at 2:56pm

bogarde73 wrote on Oct 9th, 2014 at 11:17am:

My daughter has been running karaoke for years, could be you're one of her punters.

Unlikely unless you're ancient. Our karaoke lady is in her early 70s. She's fantastic. We're going again tonight. 

I can't do this, but I'm doing it anyway.

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Reply #18 - Oct 11th, 2014 at 11:19am

Annie Anthrax wrote on Oct 9th, 2014 at 2:56pm:
bogarde73 wrote on Oct 9th, 2014 at 11:17am:

Unlikely unless you're ancient. Our karaoke lady is in her early 70s. She's fantastic. We're going again tonight. 

No, in her 30s. I've threatened to come & sing and bring her career to an end.

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Reply #19 - Oct 11th, 2014 at 11:23am

"Joe Maddison's War". A good little movie about wartime life in the north of England, with well-known northerners in the cast - Robson Green (Wire in the Blood), Kevin Whately (Lewis).
Another movie that I think went straight to DVD.

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Reply #20 - Dec 9th, 2014 at 2:28pm

Bit hard up for anything to watch atm so am watching this series "Coming Home" again.
I remember thinking the first time that the schoolgirl in it must be a young Keira Knightley, so this time I paused the credits at the end and there it was.
She couldn't have been more than 14 and she was just so good in the part (as well as beautiful). Also features Joanna Lumley & Peter O'Toole.
Pre WW2 setting, my favourite movie period.

IP Logged

RandomWalk

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Feb 3rd, 2015 at 5:23am

We bought a zoo, with Matt Damon and Scarlett Johansson. /Chick flick.

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Reply #22 - Jun 21st, 2015 at 3:55pm

I'd forgotten this thread, so figured I'd use it again.

Kevin Costner always seemed to make such long movies. What was the one where he lived with the Sioux?
Any way watched The Postman for the 2nd time. Some people might think this is a silly movie, but it's quite interesting as a post-apocalyptic idea. It's also that epic struggle between Good & Evil.
I enjoyed it.

Also an old movie from 1954, Hobson's Choice. It's of its time but I found I got a lot of laughs out of it.
That old actor Charles Laughton strutted his stuff and pretty good too.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #23 - Jun 21st, 2015 at 10:49pm

OK, so I just finished watching ABCs convict era drama the Secret River. It is a reasonable effort with good lighting in most scenes and no post WW2 Aussie accents. But how hard is it to get the details right in a period piece?

In the opening scene on Sydney Harbour we have a Nelson style three deck ship of the line like HMS Victory; utter crap. What possible reason would the Admiralty have to send such a ship to the Pacific?

In the closing scene the daughter has grown up. Its about 1835 and she comes home riding astride, and in men's pants and riding boots; utter crap. Squatter's daughters rode side saddle at least as late as WW1.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #24 - Jun 21st, 2015 at 11:03pm

I have the unbelievable ability to fall asleep in front of the television, no matter how much I try to stay awake. Keeping the volume up, or having the lights on won't help. Tonight, I fell asleep in front of watching "The Simpsons" and then "Euro Trip" for a good 20 minutes, despite wanting to watch both.

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Reply #25 - Jun 22nd, 2015 at 10:28am

Drink more coffee, but that won't help you if you're buggered after a hard day.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #26 - Jun 22nd, 2015 at 12:13pm

I got banned for POSSIBLE spamming earlier this morning.

All I was trying to do was post about the movie we watched last night.

Oh well...... Cry

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

fezz

Where's my red hat?

Reply #27 - Jun 22nd, 2015 at 12:42pm

issuevoter wrote on Jun 21st, 2015 at 10:49pm:
OK, so I just finished watching ABCs convict era drama the Secret River. It is a reasonable effort with good lighting in most scenes and no post WW2 Aussie accents. But how hard is it to get the details right in a period piece?

In the opening scene on Sydney Harbour we have a Nelson style three deck ship of the line like HMS Victory; utter crap. What possible reason would the Admiralty have to send such a ship to the Pacific?

In the closing scene the daughter has grown up. Its about 1835 and she comes home riding astride, and in men's pants and riding boots; utter crap. Squatter's daughters rode side saddle at least as late as WW1.

And there was old mate the convict lined up, shaggy beard as would be expected...but what's with the perfectly trimmed mo?

I would rather be poor and produce nothing than be an arsehole and conquer the world

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #28 - Jun 22nd, 2015 at 10:24pm

bogarde73 wrote on Jun 22nd, 2015 at 10:28am:
Drink more coffee, but that won't help you if you're buggered after a hard day.

Downed half a bottle of cola (caffeinated). Once again, tonight, I fell asleep for half a television episode. I have decided that the spontaneous sleep is to do with my new vitamins that I have been taking. Metabolises the sugar in my system quite fast, that I need to fall asleep. Cold weather and dry spell leaving me to yearn sleep more. I can push on during the day, but crash half an hour after sitting down.

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Reply #29 - Jun 23rd, 2015 at 6:23pm

It might be a good idea to talk to the doctor about that.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 18
Send Topic Print