Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Well frack me - farmers being bullied! (Read 397 times)
Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Well frack me - farmers being bullied!
Aug 20th, 2014 at 7:36pm

https://www.change.org/p/qgc-bg-group-stop-bullying-wandoan-farmers?utm_source=a...

"
QGC: Stop bullying Queensland’s Wandoan farmers.  Treat them with the ‘fairness, respect and decency’ they deserve by giving them more than 21 days to prove their strategic cropping land status. 

The Wandoan farming community, who thought its farmland was protected as ‘strategic cropping land’, has been served with a notice from coal seam gas (CSG) company QGC proposing to strip 175 farms of their strategic cropping land status.

QCG has given these farmers just 21 days to complete farm surveys and collate evidence of farming history in order to prevent the foreign-owned  resource company from removing 125,000 hectares from  the Queensland strategic cropping land trigger map.

The timing of QGC’s application has only deepened the community’s distrust of and disillusionment with the CSG industry.  By lodging the application just before the repeal of the Strategic Cropping Land Act 2011, QGC may negate the need to comply with more stringent environmental protection measures set under new legislation (the  Regional Planning Interests Act 2014) if wanting to pursue CSG developments in the area. "

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Well frack me - farmers being bullied!
Reply #1 - Aug 20th, 2014 at 9:18pm

Despite all the progas propaganda & the support from gas shill journos & bought off landholders ..... it will be seen for the environmental disaster it is in due time.

CSG is a quick quid industry using relatively new technology that has not been proven not to pollute underground aquifers & has a history in the US of doing exactly that via failed cement jobs, leakages & reckless operation procedures.

It also ... because it is developed as an export product sold in huge volumes at low prices into Asia (3 to 4 cents per litre) .... causes our own domestic & commercial gas prices ... even unrelated LPG ... to rise(70 to 80 plus cents per litre).

CSG companies are targeting out prime agricultural areas ...... & it needs to be stopped. Angry

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Aug 20th, 2014 at 9:29pm

sometimes i think the yanks have got it right .... they come on your land, shoot first ask questions later

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #3 - Aug 20th, 2014 at 9:43pm

States like Queersland will push this rubbish through for the royalties - that is a good reason to chop royalties or have them placed in a national fund for infrastructure.  States will sell their souls for royalties and not for one second consider the impact on Australians overall.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #4 - Aug 20th, 2014 at 11:16pm

The Supreme Court of WA found quite a number of EPO's
(get it: Environmental 'Protection' Officers)
falsifying facts in order allow Mining Companies
MORE MINING OPPORTUNITIES, etc.

As one POLITITIAN said on Radio about 5 months ago
- with blatant audacity:
"None of these Protests/Petitions, etc will ever stop Mining and Coal Seam Gas in this Country from going ahead. Its here to stay!"
He was basically stating "Who the hell is going to stop us!?"
throwing his 'Political' weight around.

CSG, in a period of Economic doldrums (for a USA that probably deserves to be the way it is for the way it Economically conducts itself) - is part of the DESPERATE MONEY LUNGE around the World and nothing is going to get in its way.

In Truth,
I REALLY DON'T THINK ANYONE IN THIS COUNTRY CAN STOP CSG/FRACKING/MINING/ETC
...LET ALONE DO THEY REALLY CARE TO MAKE THE EFFORT TO SUCCEED TO DO SO?

Petitions, Protests - they are a form of Politics in itself and since the Gordon-below-Franklin days, have really done nothing towards 'succeeding' beyond being a fun day out for the kiddies  Roll Eyes Tongue

Only violence and force against these Companies can succeed and Australians are both 'too lazy' and would rather 'take the money' any day.

If I'm so wrong - then where were all the Australian 'Fishermen' in their boats supporting the Greenies against the Super-Trawler fishing in 'their' waters?

This country will be ravaged, just like everywhere else has been and there is nothing YOU can do about it.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print