Australian Politics

Re: Change The Flag
Reply #90 - Aug 20th, 2014 at 7:29pm

Shakey wrote on Aug 20th, 2014 at 6:01pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Aug 20th, 2014 at 5:59pm:
Baronvonrort wrote on Aug 20th, 2014 at 5:03pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Aug 20th, 2014 at 4:00pm:
I don't recognise the current flag.

It's a rag on a pole.  It has no real significance.

It's just a flag.

If it is just a rag on a pole that you don't recognise why is there any need to change it?

I'm not saying that there's a need to change it.

Next question.

He's all confused now.

How so?

I've never said that there's a need to change the flag.

Explain yourself.

You too, Misty.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #91 - Aug 20th, 2014 at 10:31pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Aug 20th, 2014 at 5:03pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Aug 20th, 2014 at 4:00pm:
I don't recognise the current flag.

It's a rag on a pole.  It has no real significance.

It's just a flag.

If it is just a rag on a pole that you don't recognise why is there any need to change it?

The dopey leftists think the flag should be changed because they don't like it, a flag is not a fashion item that gets changed on a whim.

I was stunned to see all those Australian flags in the Somme in France, the French people have not forgotten the Australians that kicked the Germans out of their country then started rebuilding schools, our flag has flown on many town halls in France from the day we liberated those cities from the Germans in WW1.

Of course the Leftards would like everyone in the world who has an Australian flag or needs one for official ceremonies to buy another one because they don't like it and want to change it.

Considering there is considerable debate about exactly what flag Australian troops fought under in WWI, your argument is pretty nonsensical when you consider that the Australian national flag which was adopted in 1901 is not the Australian flag of today and I bet you, the flags they fly in France are modern Australian flags, not historical Australian flags.  The Australian flag has, by government fiat, changed at least three times since it's adoption in 1901.

I note also many here still insist in calling the Union Flag, the "Union Jack", which it is not, unless it's flying from the Jackstaff of a naval ship.    Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #92 - Aug 20th, 2014 at 10:39pm

gizmo_2655 wrote on Aug 20th, 2014 at 5:35pm:
And the flag was the symbol OF the country. Try asking the old guys (the 80 or 90 yr old ones)  at the next Anzac Day March if they didn't fight for, or because of the flag...

If they are honest, most will more than likely say they did it for their mates.  Most studies on battle motivation place "mateship" as the primary cause of why men fight in battle.  They don't want to let their mates down.  Few fight because of patriotism or similar sentiments.

You are more than likely mistaking the reason why they enlisted for the reason why they actually fought.

Quote:
And I'm basing that on the attitude of my late Father, who proudly fought in WW2 under the current Aussie Flag

Did?  That would have been pretty amazing as the current Australian flag wasn't adopted until 1953 as the official Australian national flag.   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #93 - Aug 20th, 2014 at 10:43pm

Very well educated points taken BRIAN ROSS.
You are right.

Australian Soldiers fought for 'money' as they are paid MERCENARIES that did the 'dirty' work against anyone the British didn't like (almost like Harkonnen Saudakurs! Tongue) and they do Mercenary work for the Yanks too ...out of FEAR of saying otherwise.

Ahh yes - with 'Digger' being a 'defensive' word.
Its nice to know our Soldiers went into other peoples homes to 'dig in' ...until, like the Turks & Vietnamese, DUG IN DEEPER  Wink

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #94 - Aug 20th, 2014 at 11:06pm

You need a yellow stripe down the centre so we know that the country was sold out by gutless wonders coping it fat at our expense.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #95 - Aug 20th, 2014 at 11:46pm

You didn't fight for me or this Country.
You fought for the UK (and 'its' wars) and the USA (and 'its' wars too!).
Hell,  a nation overseas could be tearing itself to pieces
and Australia WOULD NEVER TAKE ACTION OF ITS OWN ACCORD and send in Troops to aid the situation.
Nor has it ever spoken up and expressed to do so in the hope of agreement and support by other nations.
...and you call me 'Gutless'.  Huh

Hah!
Maybe you think me writing such comments from a SAFE and UNSEEN position of all things ANONYMOUS is gutless too?  Huh
Kinda sounds like how modern Soldiers, especially the ones who work for Politics rather than getting out there and doing something like preventing 'defenceless' Animals from going EXTINCT  Angry
...kill people from a SAFE and UNSEEN position as an UNKNOWN enemy with a (very physically hard  Roll Eyes) push of a button or pull of a Trigger.
Maybe you might send in a DRONE to do your dirty work, while playing Mech Warrior ?  Tongue
Must be hard invading nations armed with sandles and second-hand weapons sold by the USA like a bunch of Technologically advanced TERMINATORS.

F@#%& You - you arrogant MILITANT warmongering c@#$ !
Innocent people in our own City streets are being shot, because the Australian Military is too GUTLESS to stand up against the Political boys, while getting 'paid' to fight (BULLY) other peoples overseas.

Fought for 'Australia'  Roll Eyes
Fought for your own Mercenary EGOS more like it  Tongue
The Nips probably attacked Australia because everyone looked like Yanks/Pommies anyway  Tongue

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #96 - Aug 21st, 2014 at 12:17am

Jasin wrote on Aug 20th, 2014 at 11:46pm:
You didn't fight for me or this Country.
You fought for the UK (and 'its' wars) and the USA (and 'its' wars too!).
Hell,  a nation overseas could be tearing itself to pieces
and Australia WOULD NEVER TAKE ACTION OF ITS OWN ACCORD and send in Troops to aid the situation.

East Timor.  Wink

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #97 - Aug 21st, 2014 at 1:32am

Pressured by the UN (first) to take control of the situation.

Cheers maaaaaaate  Wink

Welcome to Australia  Wink
Where the real fight for the Future of this country is.
...can also send a
YELLOW
Bro around for ya  Wink to call 'coward'.

What's worse, guys who never had a choice and 'had' to fight their way through life.
Or Nerds like Grappler who join the Military so they can be 'trained' like monkeys - to learn how to fight? Huh
« Last Edit: Aug 21st, 2014 at 1:55am by Jasin »  

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #98 - Aug 21st, 2014 at 1:45am

Here's me

and here's Knight Errant Sir Grappler as your Militant type
(for want of being a Sir Loin Meat between the sheets like a Sir Knight of Nights)

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #99 - Aug 21st, 2014 at 8:17am

IP Logged

GA
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #100 - Aug 21st, 2014 at 4:38pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Aug 20th, 2014 at 11:30am:
This should get the rights' collective knickers in a knot:

"Could the Scottish vote for independence lead to a change in the Australian flag?"

http://resources1.news.com.au/images/2014/08/20/1227030/133621-a39a8080-2754-11e...

http://www.news.com.au/national/could-the-scottish-vote-for-independence-lead-to...

It gets worse. What happens if the British eventually decide to abandon the monarchy. I mean, the Queen is our head of state too. We'd be orphans.

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Eganstown, via Daylesford, VIC
Reply #101 - Aug 21st, 2014 at 6:42pm

"Could the Scottish vote for independence lead to a change in the Australian flag?"

TIMING wise, it's a GOLDEN OPPOTUNITY - that will
invariably be MISSED

THIS flag was ALWAYS more appropriate - and actually MEANT and STOOD for something ... as it still does today

After 14 months of restoration work, the Eureka flag has been returned to the central Victorian city of Ballarat.

The flag, featuring stars on a cross against a blue background, was first flown by rebellious miners during the Eureka Stockade in December 1854.

Since September last year, South Australia art conservationist, Kristin Phillips has been working to painstakingly restore the remaining sections of the 4 x 2.5 metre flag.

Ms Phillips says the work will protect the flag for future generations.

"I would say
it's the most important European textile in Australia
and it certainly was a great privilege to work on it," she said.

The restoration project cost approximately $150,000 and was funded by the State and Federal Governments and the Ballarat Council.

Ms Phillips says the restoration involved thousands of painstaking hand stitched repairs.

"That aspect of the treatment took 300 hours, a team of textile conservators stitching with a thread finer than hair."

The Ballarat Mayor Craig Fletcher says the event is a major milestone for the city.

"This flag means so much to the city and so much to our national identity," he said.

"It's a thread in our democracy. It tells the story about the sense of fair go, about the rights and liberties that we all enjoy today"

After secretly being transported under armed guard to Ballarat, the flag will go on display at the Ballarat Art Gallery just in time for the 157th anniversary of the Eureka rebellion.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-12-02/newly-restored-eureka-flag-goes-on-display...

... and precedes our British colonial flag - by the better part of a century

'I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.'

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #102 - Aug 21st, 2014 at 6:51pm

buzzanddidj wrote on Aug 21st, 2014 at 6:42pm:

[b]TIMING wise, it's a GOLDEN OPPOTUNITY - that will
invariably be MISSED

Personally, I couldn't care less.  Change it, keep it, burn it, piss on it.   Pffft.

However, if talk of changing the flag gets the retarded right wetting their pants, it's a good day.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #103 - Aug 21st, 2014 at 6:55pm

GA wrote...

Quote:
It gets worse. What happens if the British eventually decide to abandon the monarchy. I mean, the Queen is our head of state too. We'd be orphans.

Grin Grin
That's so originally funny!!

...as for the Canadian (North American) induced
EUREKA
(stockade)
UNIONIST
(Yankee)
Flag
?
Well, it does have its place & time in this Country
- but once again, another 'minority' Flag venture.
Maybe the Liberals will raise the 'ConFEDERATION' flag again?  Huh

So many 'minorities' screaming "their way, is the 'only' way!" - might have to design a Flag that...

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #104 - Aug 21st, 2014 at 7:26pm

Quote:
might have to design a Flag that...

Yes? that what?..................

& don't say that .... incorporates a ferkin Kangaroo or Wombat or Emu or Koala  Angry

The Eureka flag is ever more pertinent today with these Tory bastids trying to drag us back to the past in everything to do with working conditions, wages & time with your family.

I may not object to it's use ... outside that leave the bloody flag alone.

All the talk of Republics is just shyte ...... name me one successful Republic .. without internal troubles, a Republic that runs without oppressing it's people?

And for goodness sake don't say the USA.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print