Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 59
Send Topic Print
Womens Biggest Issues Are ... (Read 70887 times)
Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Re: Womens Biggest Issues Are ...
Reply #375 - May 23rd, 2015 at 10:52am

... wrote on May 22nd, 2015 at 10:42pm:
The Emma wrote on May 22nd, 2015 at 9:30pm:
Thats interesting A.G.

There was a forum called Secret Women Business and i used to mod that - but your right the men just trashed it beyond repair and eventually it was abandoned- we ( Muso and I) change it to The Tavern and now that they are welcome there it is desolate- as for Honky I mean I dont care but he is making himself look weird- thats up to him I guess.  and yes pretty pathetic.

As a mod you couldn't do anything about it.?  [h]I wouldn't go there because of the [/h]. and had hoped this one might be different.

Rubbish.  Coming to see the crazy cat lady flipping out was the only attraction of that forum.  It certainly wasn't the quality of debate that drew us in.

You as a male, was not supposed to be there - and you still dont get it. No one wanted males in SWB and  you only caused trouble- debate is normally kept to Politics and other. Try there. Not very bright are you?
« Last Edit: May 23rd, 2015 at 12:44pm by Agnes »  

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #376 - May 23rd, 2015 at 10:53am

Lisa Jones wrote on May 23rd, 2015 at 10:34am:
Hmmm.....interesting.

What is interesting ?

IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #377 - May 23rd, 2015 at 5:18pm

Agnes wrote on May 23rd, 2015 at 10:52am:
Thats interesting A.G.

There was a forum called Secret Women Business and i used to mod that - but your right the men just trashed it beyond repair and eventually it was abandoned- we ( Muso and I) change it to The Tavern and now that they are welcome there it is desolate- as for Honky I mean I dont care but he is making himself look weird- thats up to him I guess.  and yes pretty pathetic.

As a mod you couldn't do anything about it.?  [h]I wouldn't go there because of the [/h]. and had hoped this one might be different.

Rubbish.  Coming to see the crazy cat lady flipping out was the only attraction of that forum.  It certainly wasn't the quality of debate that drew us in.

You as a male, was not supposed to be there - and you still dont get it. No one wanted males in SWB and  you only caused trouble- debate is normally kept to Politics and other. Try there. Not very bright are you?

Not supposed to be there...

Noone wanted you there...

You only caused trouble...

Sounds like the story of feminism.

In the fullness of time...

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #378 - May 23rd, 2015 at 6:52pm

... wrote on May 23rd, 2015 at 5:18pm:
Agnes wrote on May 23rd, 2015 at 10:52am:
Thats interesting A.G.

Not supposed to be there...

Noone wanted you there...

You only caused trouble...

Sounds like the story of feminism.

Well Honky I don't see any women here trying to gate crash the Mens Shed- maybe out of respect or something  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #379 - May 23rd, 2015 at 7:14pm

What mens shed?

IP Logged

Postmodern Trendoid III
Gold Member

Reply #380 - May 24th, 2015 at 5:09am

Agnes wrote on May 22nd, 2015 at 8:57am:
Emma wrote on May 21st, 2015 at 9:01pm:
Agnes wrote on May 21st, 2015 at 4:54am:
Honky you defending males here by saying " we no complain" but your profile says your female- which is it- hard to argue certain issues on the basis of gender if you don't make that clear- I suspect you enjoy the confusion, so I wont ask you again

Nah Sarge, Honky is a bloke. No confusion.
Goes back a while when the thread was called 'Secret Women's Business'.

What a bad joke. Grin  It was a playground for males seeking to denigrate women.  They even got paranoid enough about 'feminists' that they thought I had somehow arranged that only women could post on it. So several of these fools changed their gender symbol. Most of them , like GP , have changed back.  Honky still seeks to lie so he can gey off on hi twisted view. A ready avenue for the likes of him. So, I won't be replying to him. I think he is a bout 25 going on 15, but who knows?  All I know is he isn't worth the bother.
I guess it means once again that women get ambushed every way they turn, by people who should know better, but don't.
  I find the lack of reasonable comment  a clear sign that most of these posts are made by men.  How pathetic is that?

There was a forum called Secret Women Business and i used to mod that - but your right the men just trashed it beyond repair and eventually it was abandoned- we ( Muso and I) change it to The Tavern and now that they are welcome there it is desolate- as for Honky I mean I dont care but he is making himself look weird- thats up to him I guess. Cool and yes pretty pathetic.

The "denigration" and "trashing" of that forum was merely a few posters, who happened to be male, trying to get a reasoned argument from emma peel/jalane or whatever her name was at the time.

Feminists need to distinguish between disagreement and abuse. Pointing out inconsistencies, contradictions, or faulty logic is not abuse.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #381 - May 24th, 2015 at 7:41am

... wrote on May 23rd, 2015 at 7:14pm:
What mens shed?

Where's that?

I wouldn't mind having a little look in there.

Tongue

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #382 - May 24th, 2015 at 7:43am

Postmodern Trendoid III wrote on May 24th, 2015 at 5:09am:
Honky you defending males here by saying " we no complain" but your profile says your female- which is it- hard to argue certain issues on the basis of gender if you don't make that clear- I suspect you enjoy the confusion, so I wont ask you again

What a bad joke. Grin  It was a playground for males seeking to denigrate women.  They even got paranoid enough about 'feminists' that they thought I had somehow arranged that only women could post on it. So several of these fools changed their gender symbol. Most of them , like GP , have changed back.  Honky still seeks to lie so he can gey off on hi twisted view. A ready avenue for the likes of him. So, I won't be replying to him. I think he is a bout 25 going on 15, but who knows?  All I know is he isn't worth the bother.
I guess it means once again that women get ambushed every way they turn, by people who should know better, but don't.
  I find the lack of reasonable comment  a clear sign that most of these posts are made by men.  How pathetic is that?

There was a forum called Secret Women Business and i used to mod that - but your right the men just trashed it beyond repair and eventually it was abandoned- we ( Muso and I) change it to The Tavern and now that they are welcome there it is desolate- as for Honky I mean I dont care but he is making himself look weird- thats up to him I guess. Cool and yes pretty pathetic.

The "denigration" and "trashing" of that forum was merely a few posters, who happened to be male, trying to get a reasoned argument from emma peel/jalane or whatever her name was at the time.

Feminists need to distinguish between disagreement and abuse. Pointing out inconsistencies, contradictions, or faulty logic is not abuse.

I agree. Unfortunately, disagreements quickly escalate into abuse  Cry

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #383 - May 24th, 2015 at 8:26am

Lisa Jones wrote on May 24th, 2015 at 7:43am:

Or, In the case of emma peel, they escalate into abuse at light speed.

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #384 - May 24th, 2015 at 5:18pm

says Culture Warrior

However I'd suggest that terms like old crones.. or the other personal abuse I cop isn't particularly pointing out anyhting at all but the intent of the poster. To do just that. Denigrate belittle whatever. 

Of course I couldn't care less. But your claim that it was all Hi-brow reasonable comment is utterly false, and ludicrous. Grin Cheesy

live every day

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #385 - May 24th, 2015 at 5:21pm

Lisa Jones wrote on May 24th, 2015 at 7:43am:

YES, this is SOOOOOOOO true Lisa J.  I thought you were already hangin' at the Men's Shed.

live every day

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #386 - May 24th, 2015 at 8:43pm

First up, love the "feminists need ...". Like we're a homogenous blob or something. Yes yes sir, all feminists are unable to discern between disagreement and abuse. It's not like we're ever had to deal with either, so hard when we have to navigate the big bad world without men's guidance isn't it? We just need so much explained to us.

Secondly, i'm pretty new here and i've seen how Emma is treated. If you don't want to engage with her, don't. Stop poking her with sticks to titillate yourselves over her reaction and let her post in this here arse end of the forum in peace.

Too hard for you?

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Postmodern Trendoid III
Gold Member

Reply #387 - May 24th, 2015 at 9:02pm

mothra wrote on May 24th, 2015 at 8:43pm:

First up, love the "feminists need ...". Like we're a homogenous blob or something. Yes yes sir, all feminists are unable to discern between disagreement and abuse. It's not like we're ever had to deal with either, so hard when we have to navigate the big bad world without men's guidance isn't it? We just need so much explained to us.

Secondly, i'm pretty new here and i've seen how Emma is treated. If you don't want to engage with her, don't. Stop poking her with sticks to titillate yourselves over her reaction and let her post in this here arse end of the forum in peace.

Too hard for you?

Feminism is a homogeneous blob because it deals with how men treat women. Its initial point of departure in all matters is: Men are doing this to women; therefore, men must change.

Feminism doesn't work without first setting up a case of women being oppressed by men.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #388 - May 24th, 2015 at 9:05pm

What a load of bollocks.

Feminism fights the patriarchy. Foolish people mistake the patriarchy with all men. Feminists know that the patriarchy oppresses men too and fight for those men also.

You've been sadly misinformed.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Postmodern Trendoid III
Gold Member

Reply #389 - May 24th, 2015 at 9:07pm

mothra wrote on May 24th, 2015 at 9:05pm:
What a load of bollocks.

Feminism fights the patriarchy. Foolish people mistake the patriarchy with all men. Feminists know that the patriarchy oppresses men too and fight for those men also.

You've been sadly misinformed.

You've just reaffirmed what I've said. You've set up an oppressed/oppressor paradigm of women versus men. 

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 59
Send Topic Print