Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Ukraine approves armed AFP officers at MH17 site (Read 970 times)
philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Re: Ukraine approves armed AFP officers at MH17 site
Reply #15 - Aug 1st, 2014 at 9:44am

cods wrote on Aug 1st, 2014 at 9:22am:
philperth2010 wrote on Aug 1st, 2014 at 9:04am:
It sounds like Ukraine says one thing and then does another.....

Quote:
Claims by Ukrainian military spokesman Colonel Andriy Lysenko that separatists had placed landmines on road approaches to the crash site are not necessarily seen as credible, but it has managed to further complicate the issue.

Quote:
Ukraine has said it did not intend to bomb civilian areas of Donetsk but missiles have been incoming, many of them fired in wildly inaccurate barrages that international observers says are being fired from truck-mounted Grad missile systems and cannons.

The outskirts of Donetsk, where the foreign teams are headquartered, were last night rocked by sustained barrages, believed to have been fired inwards by Ukrainian troops who have ringed the city.

Quote:
“My great fear is Russia is actively undermining this process,” Ms Bishop said from Kiev.

The Ukraine Government is very inconsistent with its handling of this issue.....If they pulled back and allowed the investigation to proceed the separatists would be the ones being held to account if the interfere.....It appears as though the biggest roadblock is Ukrainian aggression and misinformation???

Huh Huh Huh

phil the fighting is taking place on Ukraine soil....if someone was shooting at your back door.. would you retreat??? or fire back?

It is the Ukraine Government who is firing at the separatists who are retaliating.....If the Ukraine military pulled back as they said they would then any attempt by the separatists to prevent access to the site would be on their head.....At the moment the Ukraine Government is not trying to help they are trying to hinder access to the site.....For some reason Coalition supporters will not condemn the Ukraine Government who are not keeping the commitment they made to end the fighting!!!

Huh Huh Huh

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #16 - Aug 1st, 2014 at 10:32am

cods wrote on Aug 1st, 2014 at 8:57am:
how would you be if someone asked you would you mind if we repatriate your son/daughter with maybe a head missing./.. we would rather not try to find the rest thank you.....all too hard..

Personally, it wouldn't bother me at all. I'm not into body-worship of any kind to satisfy some ancient, atavistic, primordial need to believe my deceased relatives are somehow still alive, hovering around or inside their deceased remains.

But that's just me.

I understand how the rest of you feel.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #17 - Aug 1st, 2014 at 10:36am

That's great - now all we need is the separatists to do the same and home and hosed.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #18 - Aug 2nd, 2014 at 7:53am

Armchair_Politician wrote on Aug 1st, 2014 at 7:41am:
Bobby. wrote on Aug 1st, 2014 at 7:19am:
Aussies should get out of there before someone gets killed.

It's not worth more lives to extract the bodies of the dead.

No doubt the relatives of the dead disagree with you. What if it was your wife or parents or children among the dead? You would be happy with an empty coffin at their funeral?

If I were a relative I would not want more deaths as a result of my loved ones dying.

IP Logged

George_Orhell

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Aug 2nd, 2014 at 8:38am

Bobby. wrote on Aug 2nd, 2014 at 7:53am:
Armchair_Politician wrote on Aug 1st, 2014 at 7:41am:
Bobby. wrote on Aug 1st, 2014 at 7:19am:
Aussies should get out of there before someone gets killed.

It's not worth more lives to extract the bodies of the dead.

No doubt the relatives of the dead disagree with you. What if it was your wife or parents or children among the dead? You would be happy with an empty coffin at their funeral?

If I were a relative I would not want more deaths as a result of my loved ones dying.

If, if, if...........well you're not, so you of course have no problem leaving somebody else's loved ones out at that lonely crash site.

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
"Holy Sh!t ... What a Ride!"

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print