Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Sydney's share house scandal (Read 721 times)
Taipan
Gold Member

Australian Politics

SouthWest Sydney
Sydney's share house scandal
Jul 31st, 2014 at 3:33pm

Its those wonders of diversity again .......

Quote:
Voices whisper behind dirty sheets and pieces of torn cardboard which divide the tiny unit into rows of squalid dog boxes.

A Korean woman and Chinese man lie in the crammed space on soiled mattresses, their "bedroom walls" held together with tape and lopsided paper clips.

They are among six students who pay $150 a week for a patch of floor inside an illegal share house in Ultimo, just kilometres from the heart of Sydney.

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2014/07/31/13/30/sydney-s-sharehouse-scandal

Lefties will argue that we should be subsidising their housing of course.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Re: Sydney's share house scandal
Reply #1 - Jul 31st, 2014 at 11:14pm

I think you mistake the 'lefties' - they are more concerned with any situation in which a person is ill-treated or disadvantaged.  Sometimes they get a little overboard, but as long as they address real issues they are just fine.

We've all seen that article on ABC about those rip-off tenements run by Usual Suspects - these are the kind of people we hand visas to without much question.

Now - what is being done about this?

Sorry - it was A current Affair.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #2 - Aug 1st, 2014 at 12:23am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jul 31st, 2014 at 11:14pm:
I think you mistake the 'lefties' - they are more concerned with any situation in which a person is ill-treated or disadvantaged.  Sometimes they get a little overboard, but as long as they address real issues they are just fine.

We've all seen that article on ABC about those rip-off tenements run by Usual Suspects - these are the kind of people we hand visas to without much question.

What you are witnessing is evolution of Australian society and lifestyle in its nascent phase. Eventually the evolution will make Japanese capsule hotels look like millionaire residences.

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

GA
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Aug 1st, 2014 at 9:51am

Taipan wrote on Jul 31st, 2014 at 3:33pm:

Quote:
Voices whisper behind dirty sheets and pieces of torn cardboard which divide the tiny unit into rows of squalid dog boxes.

A Korean woman and Chinese man lie in the crammed space on soiled mattresses, their "bedroom walls" held together with tape and lopsided paper clips.

They are among six students who pay $150 a week for a patch of floor inside an illegal share house in Ultimo, just kilometres from the heart of Sydney.

Lefties will argue that we should be subsidising their housing of course.  Roll Eyes

These people come to this country knowin' it's a 'tiny little over-crowed place', so I sure 'ope they're not complainin' about the rent and lack of room 'ere. They should go 'ome (that is if they could afford to after spending all their money paying rip-off 'aussie' prices)if they're not 'appy.
« Last Edit: Aug 1st, 2014 at 10:04am by GA »  

IP Logged

GA
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Aug 1st, 2014 at 9:57am

Laugh till you cry wrote on Aug 1st, 2014 at 12:23am:

What you are witnessing is evolution of Australian society and lifestyle in its nascent phase. Eventually the evolution will make Japanese capsule hotels look like millionaire residences.

Exactly! And a few old steel (the Aussie's choice building material, coz it's 'ot in the summa, cold in the winta) shipping containers welded together will be our 'palaces'.

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #5 - Aug 1st, 2014 at 10:58am

GA wrote on Aug 1st, 2014 at 9:57am:
Laugh till you cry wrote on Aug 1st, 2014 at 12:23am:

Exactly! And a few old steel (the Aussie's choice building material, coz it's 'ot in the summa, cold in the winta) shipping containers welded together will be our 'palaces'.

People in UK are already living in containers. Its the rage.

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #6 - Aug 1st, 2014 at 11:19am

Some even use them for travel arrangements - can get a bit nasty though.... long sea voyages can be rough....

http://www.visalaw.com/00jan2/16jan200.html

http://thecnnfreedomproject.blogs.cnn.com/2011/08/02/alone-in-a-shipping-contain...

Maybe we need CNN here to resolve our current neo-slavery initiatives.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #7 - Aug 1st, 2014 at 7:28pm

Taipan wrote on Jul 31st, 2014 at 3:33pm:

Quote:

Cheap rent for inner Sydney. Is this legal?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print