Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print
Morrison - child abuse - Reports doctored. (Read 4635 times)
Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: Morrison - child abuse - Reports doctored.
Reply #75 - Aug 1st, 2014 at 9:04am

aquascoot wrote on Aug 1st, 2014 at 7:02am:
I very seriously doubt that conditions for children in detention are as bad as conditions for children in the vast majority of remote aboriginal communities.

We are talking about a very small number of children and it would appear each child in detention has a platoon of do-gooders monitoring their situation.

Human rights commissioner triggs might like to drop in to see the kids at Halls Creek who have 10 x the rate of pseudomonas infection of the ear, 50 x the rate of chlamydia and gonococcal infection, 20 x the rate of scabies and about 5 x the rate of suicide and schizophrenia.

Maybe on her first class flight to Christmas island she could drop a bit of petrol off for the aboriginal kiddies to sniff while she goes onto the detention centre.
I believe there were 2 psychiatrists and 5 psychologists working with these 100 or so kids.
I doubt there are 7 mental health professionals that have ever seen a child in a remote aboriginal community.

I'd back twiggy forests integrity over the integrity of Hansen young and triggs every day of the week.

Why can't you stick to the topic.  WTF has any of that to do with this Thread?  SFA, that's what.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #76 - Aug 1st, 2014 at 9:35am

I very seriously doubt that conditions for children in detention are as bad as conditions for children in the vast majority of remote aboriginal communities.

That's completely irrelevant.  It's not a competition.

I'd back twiggy forests integrity over the integrity of Hansen young and triggs every day of the week.

No surprises there.  Twiggy's ultimate concern is the integrity of his bank account.

IP Logged

King FriYAY II
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #77 - Aug 1st, 2014 at 9:39am

mantra wrote on Aug 1st, 2014 at 6:18am:
Unfortunately there are only two avenues for any government to take - the harsh stance of the Coalition or the humane approach of Labor/Greens.

Grin Grin Grin Grin

The ALP must have changed it's tune since Kevin O'Lemon wanted all poor brown people to rot on PNG!!

I thought the ALp keep saying it's their policies that have stopped the boats?

Roll Eyes

Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

Datalife
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #78 - Aug 1st, 2014 at 9:45am

King FriYAY II wrote on Aug 1st, 2014 at 9:39am:
Unfortunately there are only two avenues for any government to take - the harsh stance of the Coalition or the humane approach of Labor/Greens.

Grin Grin Grin Grin

The ALP must have changed it's tune since Kevin O'Lemon wanted all poor brown people to rot on PNG!!

Roll Eyes

Cheesy Cheesy

Humane?  That's funny.  Lets see they legislated mandatory detention, excised the mainland (despite previously describing it as "a stain on our national character", got rid of govt funded vocational and English lessons, no automatic access to the dole and in cases where it could be received, legislated that it be a lower amount,  they stopped asylum seekers being allowed to work and just for giggles decreed that asylum seekers be sent for resettlement in PNG.  All Labor.   

What was it the great Labor man said?  Oh yeah, "I'm not having hundreds of smacking Vietnamese Balts coming into this country with their religious and political hatreds against us!".

Humane  Grin Grin

"If they’re out there in the high seas, what you would do is seek to turn them back through the agency of the Australian Navy".

Kevin Rudd on 2GB, July 12, 2007

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #79 - Aug 1st, 2014 at 10:00am

The ALP are not much better than the Coalition when it comes to pandering to the bigots in Australian society masked as being concerned about drowning's at sea.....What is concerning is the inhumane treatment of innocent children in detention and a complete lack of any accountability by this Government.....No Minister has ever been as secretive and in denial as Scott Morrison has been since taking the job.....The truth is coming out and the cons are showing they don't really care about the welfare of asylum seekers they only care how many votes they can get by treating innocent people like criminals.....No one wants people to drown at sea but no one should want innocent people treated in this manner by our elected Government either!!!

Huh Huh Huh

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #80 - Aug 1st, 2014 at 10:03am

Datalife wrote on Aug 1st, 2014 at 9:45am:
King FriYAY II wrote on Aug 1st, 2014 at 9:39am:

Grin Grin Grin Grin

Roll Eyes

Cheesy Cheesy

Humane?  That's funny.  Lets see they legislated mandatory detention, excised the mainland (despite previously describing it as "a stain on our national character", got rid of govt funded vocational and English lessons, no automatic access to the dole and in cases where it could be received, legislated that it be a lower amount,  they stopped asylum seekers being allowed to work and just for giggles decreed that asylum seekers be sent for resettlement in PNG.  All Labor.   

What was it the great Labor man said?  Oh yeah, "I'm not having hundreds of smacking Vietnamese Balts coming into this country with their religious and political hatreds against us!".

Humane  Grin Grin

Do you have a link to back up the quote mate.....My guess is it is just more bigotry from someone trying to deflect from this Governments treatment of children in detention.....Over to you???

Huh Huh Huh

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.

IP Logged

ian
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #81 - Aug 1st, 2014 at 10:06am

We are talking about a very small number of children and it would appear each child in detention has a platoon of do-gooders monitoring their situation.

Human rights commissioner triggs might like to drop in to see the kids at Halls Creek who have 10 x the rate of pseudomonas infection of the ear, 50 x the rate of chlamydia and gonococcal infection, 20 x the rate of scabies and about 5 x the rate of suicide and schizophrenia.

Maybe on her first class flight to Christmas island she could drop a bit of petrol off for the aboriginal kiddies to sniff while she goes onto the detention centre.
I believe there were 2 psychiatrists and 5 psychologists working with these 100 or so kids.
I doubt there are 7 mental health professionals that have ever seen a child in a remote aboriginal community.

good points and very relevant.Where is the outrage over the lack of resources for our own citizens.

IP Logged

Datalife
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #82 - Aug 1st, 2014 at 10:21am

philperth2010 wrote on Aug 1st, 2014 at 10:03am:
Do you have a link to back up the quote mate.....My guess is it is just more bigotry from someone trying to deflect from this Governments treatment of children in detention.....Over to you???

Huh Huh Huh

Deflect?  Labor owns the legislation smacking over country shoppers and not a single luvvie protest.  How conveniently one eyed.

Quote:
In his book China, Communism and Coca-Cola Clyde Cameron, Whitlam’s Minister for Immigration, said that on April 21, 1975, around the time of the fall of Saigon:

[Foreign Affairs Minister] Don Willesee came to see me with a request that I accompany him to Whitlam’s office. He wanted to get a ruling on the admissibility of certain categories of refugees … Whitlam stuck out his jaw and, grinding his teeth, turned to Willesee and thundered, “I’m not having hundreds of smacking Vietnamese Balts coming into this country with their political and religious hatreds against us” … I could have hugged him for putting my own view so well … [Willesee] made a special plea for Vietnamese who had been employed by the Australian embassy, claiming that we had a moral obligation to take them into our arms. Whitlam rejected this plea out of hand.

https://quadrant.org.au/magazine/2010/10/the-left-rewrites-its-history-on-refuge
es/

"If they’re out there in the high seas, what you would do is seek to turn them back through the agency of the Australian Navy".

IP Logged

ian
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #83 - Aug 1st, 2014 at 10:25am

what we do know is that people arent drowning in numbers anymore attempting to reach australia by people smuggling boats. This is a posiitve.

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #84 - Aug 1st, 2014 at 10:27am

Datalife wrote on Aug 1st, 2014 at 10:21am:
philperth2010 wrote on Aug 1st, 2014 at 10:03am:

Huh Huh Huh

Deflect?  Labor owns the legislation smacking over country shoppers and not a single luvvie protest.  How conveniently one eyed.

Quote:
In his book China, Communism and Coca-Cola Clyde Cameron, Whitlam’s Minister for Immigration, said that on April 21, 1975, around the time of the fall of Saigon:

[Foreign Affairs Minister] Don Willesee came to see me with a request that I accompany him to Whitlam’s office. He wanted to get a ruling on the admissibility of certain categories of refugees … Whitlam stuck out his jaw and, grinding his teeth, turned to Willesee and thundered, “I’m not having hundreds of smacking Vietnamese Balts coming into this country with their political and religious hatreds against us” … I could have hugged him for putting my own view so well … [Willesee] made a special plea for Vietnamese who had been employed by the Australian embassy, claiming that we had a moral obligation to take them into our arms. Whitlam rejected this plea out of hand.

https://quadrant.org.au/magazine/2010/10/the-left-rewrites-its-history-on-refuge
es/

I never knew Whitlam was such a bigoted wanker....Thanks for that revelation.....But how does this excuse the treatment of children in detention now???

Huh Huh Huh

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #85 - Aug 1st, 2014 at 10:29am

ian wrote on Aug 1st, 2014 at 10:25am:
what we do know is that people arent drowning in numbers anymore attempting to reach australia by people smuggling boats. This is a positive.

We don't know anything of the sort because the Government will not tell us....All we know is children who are here are being treated inhumanly and this Government is trying to cover it up!!!

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Datalife
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #86 - Aug 1st, 2014 at 10:36am

philperth2010 wrote on Aug 1st, 2014 at 10:27am:
I never knew Whitlam was such a bigoted person....Thanks for that revelation.....But how does this excuse the treatment of children in detention now???

Huh Huh Huh

I was addressing the laughable claim that labor is humane to country shoppers when a look at the legislation and punitive rules imposed by labor far exceed anything even attempted by libs.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #87 - Aug 1st, 2014 at 10:39am

what we do know is that people arent drowning in numbers anymore attempting to reach australia by people smuggling boats. This is a posiitve.

We don't know that at all.

The government doesn't release details.

They could be drowning in the hundreds, for all we know.

What we do know, however, is that children are being treated appallingly and the government are covering it up.

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #88 - Aug 1st, 2014 at 11:32am

Datalife wrote on Aug 1st, 2014 at 10:36am:
philperth2010 wrote on Aug 1st, 2014 at 10:27am:
I never knew Whitlam was such a bigoted person....Thanks for that revelation.....But how does this excuse the treatment of children in detention now???

Huh Huh Huh

I was addressing the laughable claim that labor is humane to country shoppers when a look at the legislation and punitive rules imposed by labor far exceed anything even attempted by libs. 

Who ever claimed Labor where humane towards asylum seekers.....I condemn the inhumane treatment of asylum seekers from both major parties which you seam to excuse when it comes to the Liberal party.....Scott Morrison is responsible for children in detention and has shown a complete disregard for due process and any accountability for his department.....To claim the Liberal party are in any way less punitive than the Labor party is either ignorance or denial!!!

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

ian
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #89 - Aug 1st, 2014 at 11:53am

greggerypeccary wrote on Aug 1st, 2014 at 10:39am:

We don't know that at all.

The government doesn't release details.

They could be drowning in the hundreds, for all we know.

The Indonesian press arent muzzled, they would be the first to start reporting and sensationalising asylum seeker deaths. They arent. Thats good enough for me.

Quote:
What we do know, however, is that children are being treated appallingly and the government are covering it up.
No, we dont know that.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print