Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
First RAAF F-35 JSF Lightning II fighter unveiled (Read 4801 times)
BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Re: First RAAF F-35 JSF Lightning II fighter unveiled
Reply #15 - Jul 30th, 2014 at 6:52pm

|dev|null wrote on Jul 30th, 2014 at 6:18pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jul 29th, 2014 at 10:53pm:
|dev|null wrote on Jul 29th, 2014 at 11:15am:
Why are we wasting so much money on these useless planes?  We'd be better off purchasing Russian anti-aircraft missiles like the Buk system.  It is now combat proven!   Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin

I hardly call shooting down a harmless airliner flying in a straight line at a fixed altitude "combat".  HB, you should continue with your tuition from your Sensei.  You have a long way to go before you can take over his mantle.    Roll Eyes

It hit the target.  It was fired by combatant forces.  Looks like combat to me!

So, why are we wasting all this money on these useless jets?   Grin Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

That's because you are an idiot with little to no knowledge of this subject matter and I dare say most subjects.

IP Logged

|dev|null
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Jul 31st, 2014 at 10:43am

BigOl64 wrote on Jul 30th, 2014 at 6:52pm:
That's because you are an idiot with little to no knowledge of this subject matter and I dare say most subjects.

So, how does that make me any different to you, then?   Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin

So, why did you avoid the questions I asked?  Too hard?   Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy

"Pens and books are the weapons that defeat terrorism." - Malala Yousefzai, 2013.

"we will never ever solve violence while we grasp for overly simplistic solutions."
Freediver, 2007.

IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

MediocrityNET: because
people died for this!

Reply #17 - Jul 31st, 2014 at 11:31am

BigOl64 wrote on Jul 29th, 2014 at 1:13pm:
Why are we wasting so much money on these useless planes?  We'd be better off purchasing Russian anti-aircraft missiles like the Buk system.  It is now combat proven!   Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin

Good to see you lefty w@nkers can still find the joy in the death and misery of others.

You certainly lessen everything around you, don't you?

wow, from the lips of a trained murderer no less  Roll Eyes

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #18 - Aug 1st, 2014 at 7:47pm

|dev|null wrote on Jul 30th, 2014 at 6:18pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jul 29th, 2014 at 10:53pm:

I hardly call shooting down a harmless airliner flying in a straight line at a fixed altitude "combat".  HB, you should continue with your tuition from your Sensei.  You have a long way to go before you can take over his mantle.    Roll Eyes

It hit the target.  It was fired by combatant forces.  Looks like combat to me!

I suspect a Space Invaders game looks like combat to you...   Roll Eyes

Quote:
So, why are we wasting all this money on these useless jets?   Grin Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Because we aren't and they aren't?   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Cofgod
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Bolton, Great Britain
Reply #19 - Dec 25th, 2014 at 5:28am

Yadda wrote on Jul 25th, 2014 at 11:43pm:
The F-35 sounds like a - 'no show' - 'show pony'.   i.e. Its looks pretty. But it is next to useless - in its present form.

I'd rather have an efficient and capable 'working dog' of an aircraft.

US aviation industry once use to turn out fighting aircraft like the Grumman F6 Hellcat - a capable aircraft which 'whooped' the Japanese Zero, and won the air war for the US in the Pacific.

From reports so far, it sounds like the F-35 can't even fly yet [in combat], as the software which is required to fly the aircraft, is 'not fit for purpose' atm.

The F-35 sounds like a 'kite' that could 'very well', fall out of the sky ?

As its name suggests, the Joint Strike Fighter isn't an American plane.  It's a multinational project.

The Lightning II is named after the English Electric Lightning.

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #20 - Dec 26th, 2014 at 11:28am

Cofgod wrote on Dec 25th, 2014 at 5:28am:
Yadda wrote on Jul 25th, 2014 at 11:43pm:
The F-35 sounds like a - 'no show' - 'show pony'.   i.e. Its looks pretty. But it is next to useless - in its present form.

I'd rather have an efficient and capable 'working dog' of an aircraft.

US aviation industry once use to turn out fighting aircraft like the Grumman F6 Hellcat - a capable aircraft which 'whooped' the Japanese Zero, and won the air war for the US in the Pacific.

From reports so far, it sounds like the F-35 can't even fly yet [in combat], as the software which is required to fly the aircraft, is 'not fit for purpose' atm.

The F-35 sounds like a 'kite' that could 'very well', fall out of the sky ?

As its name suggests, the Joint Strike Fighter isn't an American plane.  It's a multinational project.

The Lightning II is named after the English Electric Lightning.

Bullsht.  It's actually named after the US Lockheed P-38 Lightning of WWII fame.

The US has only operated one jet which was British in origin and it retained it's British name - the Martin B-57 Canberra.

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print