Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print
Julie bishop. Australia's woman of steel (Read 3340 times)
labor are corrupt
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Julie bishop. Australia's woman of steel
Jul 23rd, 2014 at 11:11am

Well done julia.

Russia's hard-nosed Ambassador to the United Nations could not disguise his tears when told of the heartbreaking loss of three WA children aboard MH17.

Vitaly Churkin, who has been fiercely denying any Moscow involvement in the tragedy, choked up when told by Foreign Affairs Minister Julie Bishop about the deaths of Mo, Otis and Evie Maslin and their grandfather Nick Norris.

Ms Bishop revealed to The West Australian yesterday that a conversation she had with the Maslin children's devastated parents on Sunday had galvanised her resolve to seek justice for the 39 Australians among the 298 killed by a missile strike on the Malaysia Airlines' jet. She spoke to Anthony Maslin and Rin Norris while en route to the US where she led Australia's successful bid for a United Nations Security Council resolution ensuring an independent probe of the MH17 incident.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/wa/a/24524529/australias-woman-of-steel/

The greens are poison.

IP Logged

Armchair_Politician
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Julie bishop. Australia's woman of steel
Reply #1 - Jul 23rd, 2014 at 11:16am

The leadership of Abbott has been nothing less than spectacular and Bishop will now be known as the other Iron Lady. We're lucky to have had these two leading this effort to hold Russia to account and to secure access to the crash site. Respect for Abbott globally has risen considerably because of his handling of this incident.

Scott Morrison DID wipe the floor with Bull Shitten!!! Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

labor are corrupt
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Jul 23rd, 2014 at 11:19am

Armchair_Politician wrote on Jul 23rd, 2014 at 11:16am:
The leadership of Abbott has been nothing less than spectacular and Bishop will now be known as the other Iron Lady. We're lucky to have had these two leading this effort to hold Russia to account and to secure access to the crash site. Respect for Abbott globally has risen considerably because of his handling of this incident.

Absolutely Armchair they have handled this disaster remarkably.

The greens are poison.

IP Logged

labor are corrupt
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Jul 23rd, 2014 at 11:27am

http://www.skynews.com.au/video/program_agenda/2014/07/23/agenda-progress-being-made-on-mh17.html

The greens are poison.

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Jul 23rd, 2014 at 12:04pm

everything labor and greens have said about Abbott and Bishop on the international stage has proven to be spectacularly wrong. they have been superb.

and the abbott-haters just keep on hating.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Jul 23rd, 2014 at 12:06pm

longweekend58 wrote on Jul 23rd, 2014 at 12:04pm:
everything labor and greens have said about Abbott and Bishop on the international stage has proven to be spectacularly wrong. they have been superb.

Perhaps you, Tony and Julie should get a room    Undecided

IP Logged

Cliff48
Gold Member

Australian Politics />

Canberra
Reply #6 - Jul 23rd, 2014 at 12:10pm

wow longie, can I borrow your rose coloured glasses?

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #7 - Jul 23rd, 2014 at 12:18pm

Rubbish - normal argument to make in the UN.  No more nor less than you would expect from any political appointee.

High praise and lots of hyperbole there over someone doing the job they are very well paid for.

You don't see heroes coming out and saying anything more than -"I only did what anyone would do", or "this medal is for all of us in my unit - those guys are the heroes, not me".

Your cult of personality is falling on deaf ears.  I judge by results, and while I applaud the move and the effort, I do not accord to the messenger any more kudos than is warranted by the simple performance of job.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

sir prince duke alevine
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Jul 23rd, 2014 at 12:26pm

Longie, Arpmit et al, how have they been spectacular?

Longie, by your own admission, the resolution sought by Bishop is a waste of time. How is a waste of time spectacular?

And how is Tony's fists against his chest spectacular.  What has it achieved?

I eagerly await Armpit running off into a corner and crying and Longie coming up with some nonsense.

Disclaimer for Mothra per POST so it is forever acknowledged: Saying 'Islam' or 'Muslims' doesn't mean ALL muslims. This does not target individual muslims who's opinion I am not aware of.

IP Logged

Swagman
Gold Member

Beware of cheap imitations......

Illawarra NSW
Reply #9 - Jul 23rd, 2014 at 12:31pm

and the abbott-haters just keep on hating

...whilst pretending that they are the fine upstanding, politically correct, caring, generous, compasionate citizens that their collective tells them to be  Cheesy

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Jul 23rd, 2014 at 12:33pm

Swagman wrote on Jul 23rd, 2014 at 12:31pm:
and the abbott-haters just keep on hating

...whilst pretending that they are the fine upstanding, politically correct, caring, generous, compasionate citizens that their collective tells them to be  Cheesy

who ever said they were all that? apart from you?

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #11 - Jul 23rd, 2014 at 12:37pm

Exactly.

I'm expecting a conga-line of world leaders to start visiting Canberra as a shrine to Abbott's style of tough leadership where he speaks softly but with a certain menace to his voice that has even Iceman Putin careful not to give him any crap.

I didn't expect to see Abbott emerging as a world Statesman, but he has certainly now earned his credentials as a worthy player on the world stage ... and isn't this making the Lefties burn up with incandescent anger.

IP Logged

Vic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne Victoria
Reply #12 - Jul 23rd, 2014 at 12:38pm

They had better bolt some sacrificial anodes to her ar*e.  She is starting to rust around the eyes...

Football, Meat Pies, Kangaroos and Liberal Lies
Football, Meat Pies, Kangaroos and Liberal Lies

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #13 - Jul 23rd, 2014 at 12:39pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Jul 23rd, 2014 at 12:37pm:

Exactly.

I'm expecting a conga-line of world leaders to start visiting Canberra as a shrine to Abbott's style of tough leadership where he speaks softly but with a certain menace to his voice that has even Iceman Putin careful not to give him any crap.

I didn't expect to see Abbott emerging as a world Statesman, but he has certainly now earned his credentials as a worthy player on the world stage ... and isn't this making the Lefties burn up with incandescent anger.

What did he do apart from flaunt himself centre stage at every opportunity?

IP Logged

Dsmithy70
Gold Member

ire futuis vobismetipsis

Newy
Reply #14 - Jul 23rd, 2014 at 12:40pm

Seriously it's getting nauseating.

But well Tony's & crew have done NOTHING since September except break promises & provide disappointment.

One prominent poster even totally disappeared from basically April to now, so I suppose you would try & turn a decent performance into a history making event.

REBELLION is not what most people think it is.
REBELLION is when you turn off the TV & start educating & thinking for yourself.
Gavin Nascimento

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print