Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Is Kathy Jackson guilty (Read 7368 times)
longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Is Kathy Jackson guilty
Reply #60 - Jul 23rd, 2014 at 1:11pm

Dsmithy70 wrote on Jul 23rd, 2014 at 12:23pm:
John Smith wrote on Jul 23rd, 2014 at 12:17pm:
How about you contest the facts they put up rather than attack them?

Because facts can't be contended

And when you cant contend you obfuscate by

1) information overload, flood discussion with unimportant information thereby burying the important stuff

2) attacking the messenger thereby ignoring the message.

Longy loves number 2, quick & easy

if any of you even bothered to read my posts you would see that I am criticising IA as a worthless source of information and not Kathy Jackson per se.  I not that none of you have used IA either.  Why is that????

because it is nonsense.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #61 - Jul 23rd, 2014 at 2:28pm

1) information overload, flood discussion with unimportant information thereby burying the important stuff

here is a challenge (which I know you wont accept).  go to IA and then come back to me with your assessment of the site.

I await your refusal to do so.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

John S
Gold Member

Fascist Party = Liberal
Party

Reply #62 - Jul 23rd, 2014 at 3:26pm

longweekend58 wrote on Jul 23rd, 2014 at 2:28pm:

here is a challenge (which I know you wont accept).  go to IA and then come back to me with your assessment of the site.

I have ask you before longy. Who on the IA site that contribute article to IA don't you agree with?

Last time I ask you you ran and hid under a rock

FYI here is the list of contributors to Independent Australia web site.

So tell us who you don't like and why you don't like them. Will you be man enough this time?

'The worst Labor Government is always better then the best Liberal government for Australians workers'
IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #63 - Jul 23rd, 2014 at 3:32pm

John S wrote on Jul 23rd, 2014 at 3:26pm:

I have ask you before longy. Who on the IA site that contribute article to IA don't you agree with?

So tell us who you don't like and why you don't like them. Will you be man enough this time?

every single one and especially Bob Ellis who before the last election was literally predicting a LANDSLIDE labor victory.

IP Logged

Dsmithy70
Gold Member

ire futuis vobismetipsis

Newy
Reply #64 - Jul 23rd, 2014 at 3:43pm

I read the site about once a month or when I see an article posted to my FB or other places I haunt.

I read W/Ones post (mainly)

I don't quote IA or any other internet site because of exactly this

Instead of discussion about issues & points raised it becomes a thread about shooting the messenger.

We have enough of those & frankly if something isn't C&P'd from The AUS or whatever state flavour of Murdoch crap that's all you guys do.

I really don't know what you'll do if Murdoch ever turns on the Liberal party, if he turns on Tone for say Hockey you'll drop poor old Tone quicker than he drops his speedo's in the clubhouse.

But the whole party????
That would be the stuff of nightmares for you I'm sure.

REBELLION is not what most people think it is.
REBELLION is when you turn off the TV & start educating & thinking for yourself.
Gavin Nascimento

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #65 - Jul 23rd, 2014 at 4:49pm

longweekend58 wrote on Jul 23rd, 2014 at 1:11pm:

if any of you even bothered to read my posts you would see that I am criticising IA as a worthless source of information and not Kathy Jackson per se.  I not that none of you have used IA either.  Why is that????

because it is nonsense.

Yet no comment on the Pickering post which gets regularly referenced by the right.

IP Logged

Bam
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #66 - Jul 23rd, 2014 at 6:42pm

Here is a challenge (which I know you won't accept). Read all the articles on IA that accuse Kathy Jackson of wrongdoing and then come back to me with your rebuttal of every single accusation, with supporting evidence.

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are only entitled to hold opinions that you can defend through sound, reasoned argument.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #67 - Jul 23rd, 2014 at 6:49pm

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

stop trying to make this about IA  ... either contest the facts they put up or shut up!

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

MOTR
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #68 - Jul 23rd, 2014 at 6:57pm

Dnarever wrote on Jul 22nd, 2014 at 2:47pm:
I think that she deserves the same presumption of innocence as Craig Thomson didn't get.

Exactly.

Hunt says Coalition accepts IPCC findings

"What does this mean? It means that we need to do practical things that actually reduce emissions."

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #69 - Jul 23rd, 2014 at 8:56pm

I posted this earlier Longy with links you would consider trustworthy.....Would you care to comment on the allegations and Kathy Jacksons behaviour???

philperth2010 wrote on Jul 22nd, 2014 at 7:01pm:
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/kathy-jacksons-book-of-secrets-struggl...

Quote:
HEALTH Services Union whistleblower Kathy Jackson claims she could only guess at what payments of up to $50,000 from a $250,000 union fund were used for following the loss of the exercise book detailing the account

She yesterday struggled to answer questions before the trades union royal commission about numerous transactions from the account, blaming the disappearance of the book after her office was ransacked while she was receiving psychiatric treatment

Quote:
Yesterday she confirmed she controlled a slush fund, which she called a “fighting fund”, financed from more than $250,000 of unpaid members’ entitlements money paid to the union by the Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre.

Ms Jackson said she was given carte blanche to use the money for union purposes such as election funding or Christmas parties, and $4000 a year for personal use.

But as Mr Stoljar went through the bank records for the National Health Development Account, into which the entitlement money was paid, Ms Jackson struggled to recall what the payments were for.

When Mr Stoljar asked what withdrawals of $5000, $8000 and even $50,000 were used for Ms Jackson repeatedly replied “No” or “They were used for either political or industrial purposes”.

She said she kept a tally of all payments from the ­account in an exercise book. “If I had my exercise book every transaction would have been recorded,” she said.

Quote:
WHISTLEBLOWER Kathy Jackson continued to make large withdrawals from a union slush fund account that she controlled until as recently as last August — more than three years after she ceased to be an elected official of the Health Services Union branch concerned

Commonwealth Bank records show Ms Jackson continued to withdraw large sums of cash and buy goods using money transferred to a $284,500 slush fund she operated alone as an “off-line” account, even after her HSU No 3 branch in Victoria was ­dissolved in 2010 and she went to a national position within the union.

At the centre of attention is Ms Jackson’s CBA account, which she says she established with the backing of her No 3 branch committee of management for spending as she saw fit, after a $250,000 “windfall” settlement from a Melbourne cancer hospital after a dispute over backpay.

Ms Jackson says she had pre-authorisation to spend the money for union political purposes, and was permitted to spend $4000 a year on personal items.

Asked this week about her spending after 2010, when she was no longer HSU No 3 branch secretary, and whether she might no longer have had exclusive authority to spend the money, Ms Jackson told The Weekend ­Australian: “So what?”

Asked further how she could spend money from the fund when she was no longer an elected official of the branch, Ms Jackson said: “Because that’s how it worked.”

Who keeps financial records detailing hundreds of thousands of dollars in transactions in an exercise book.....No doubt some union thug stole the book knowing Kathy would not be able to defend herself of alleged corruption.....What a shame she did not have anything on computer or a thumb drive.....Now all is lost and we must take Kathy's word for it???

Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/kathy-jacksons-book-of-secrets-struggl...

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/peter-maccallum-scientists...

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/state-politics/kathy-jackson-sp...

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #70 - Jul 23rd, 2014 at 9:31pm

MOTR wrote on Jul 23rd, 2014 at 6:57pm:
I think that she deserves the same presumption of innocence as Craig Thomson didn't get.

Exactly.

None? Well it was good for the gander...

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #71 - Jul 23rd, 2014 at 9:55pm

Setanta wrote on Jul 23rd, 2014 at 9:31pm:

Exactly.

Presumption of innocence?  This is AUSTRALIA, mate - not some civilised Western country governed by the rule of Law!

We still run on the idea that the accuser is always right!  Check your last traffic ticket!

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #72 - Jul 23rd, 2014 at 10:13pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jul 23rd, 2014 at 9:55pm:

Exactly.

Presumption of innocence?  This is AUSTRALIA, mate - not some civilised Western country governed by the rule of Law!

We still run on the idea that the accuser is always right!  Check your last traffic ticket!

I know Grap, it'd be nice to see due process supported publicly in this nation rather than the trial by media we seem to relish in...  Cry

IP Logged

skippy.
Gold Member

Reply #73 - Jul 23rd, 2014 at 10:14pm

longweekend58 wrote on Jul 23rd, 2014 at 3:32pm:
John S wrote on Jul 23rd, 2014 at 3:26pm:

every single one and especially Bob Ellis who before the last election was literally predicting a LANDSLIDE labor victory.

You sound like you lost money taking his advice. Huh

freedivers other forum- POLITICAL ANIMAL
Click onWWW below 
IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #74 - Jul 23rd, 2014 at 11:21pm

Setanta wrote on Jul 23rd, 2014 at 10:13pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jul 23rd, 2014 at 9:55pm:

Exactly.

I know Grap, it'd be nice to see due process supported publicly in this nation rather than the trial by media we seem to relish in...  Cry

Well - the more this issue is aired the more chance there is that those who actually do this theft will see the error of their ways.

It's a slow process.. like water dripping on stone.....

On the issue - I may well consider that this lady is covering her own assets and has become a grass to save her own skin - but - again - I will await the facts.

What IS of serious concern here is the prevalence of this kind of theft as an employee/responsible person etc, that is becoming more and more obvious is the way of life for any organisation in this (cry the beloved) country of mine.

It seems that the only standard for handling anything on behalf of others is to steal as much as you can for yourself as a matter of right.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print