Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Poll Poll
Question: Who can we blame for the war in Gaza?

Israel    
  3 (21.4%)
Hamas    
  6 (42.9%)
Palestinians    
  0 (0.0%)
The USA    
  1 (7.1%)
Egypt    
  0 (0.0%)
Iran    
  0 (0.0%)
All of the above    
  2 (14.3%)
Freemasons    
  2 (14.3%)

Total votes: 14
« Last Modified by: Bobby. on: Aug 9th, 2014 at 6:16pm »

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 45
Send Topic Print
Israel invades Gaza (Read 38095 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Israel invades Gaza
Reply #285 - Aug 1st, 2014 at 10:25am

aquascoot wrote on Aug 1st, 2014 at 8:57am:
Lord Herbert wrote on Aug 1st, 2014 at 8:47am:
aquascoot wrote on Aug 1st, 2014 at 8:30am:
I cant see how the supporters of Palestine cant see that.

They can, but it's not politically convenient for them to admit to it. It goes against their PC instincts.

It doesn't gel with the Poor Arab Victimhood narrative they want to peddle to the naive and the ignorant.

I cant get my head around these bizarre thought processes from the left.

Grin

Leftwing perspective is basically a case of the feminisation of logic and rational perspective.

Tongue

if just one random bomb from some terrorist group landed at the café where inner city leftard journos eat their rocket and smashed avocado salad, if david marr got one scratch on his forehead , he would be calling for the jets to bomb the perpetrators into oblivium.  if he was dining with sarah Hansen young at the time, he may be shielded from the blast though

nah you are so wrong... they would get their white flag and say come on lets talk about this... because no one has ever tried the talk way yet....

SHY would definitely see the other sides point of view... and tell them to take what ever they need...as long as it didnt have her name on it..lol... only so much sacrifice from the hard left.. Roll Eyes Roll Eyesbut all in all.. they would never raise arms against the enemy....is all about spreading the peace.. and we know dont we   "peace" is just what terrorist want as well..

how about we send them SHY?

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #286 - Aug 1st, 2014 at 10:29am

Annie Anthrax wrote on Aug 1st, 2014 at 9:35am:
yadda,  while your font changes give me a migraine  Wink Wink.

that's the basic truth.

if rockets were being fired willy nilly into Sydney or Melbourne from the clubhouse of the banditos motorcycle gang, the public of Sydney or Melbourne (who would be spending half their lives in underground car parks would be screaming for the authorities to use every means at their disposal to end it.

Like murdering thousands of kids in the surrounding homes and suburbs? To get at a criminal element?

You really believe that?

do you really believe its murder?
do you really believe the Israelis are deliberately targeting schools and hospitals .
I don't.
I heard one of the hospitals was hit when Israeli tanks and Palestinians with RPG's were in a fire fight.
that is not murder. far from it and tragic as it is.
I honestly truly believe the aim of the Israelis is to kill armed Hamas fighters and I honestly believe the aim of Hamas is just to kill any jew they can.
thoughts?

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #287 - Aug 1st, 2014 at 10:52am

aquascoot wrote on Aug 1st, 2014 at 10:29am:
thoughts?

Grin Grin Grin

Being a bit optimistic there, aren't you aqua?

The question should be: "feelings?"

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #288 - Aug 1st, 2014 at 10:53am

that's the basic truth.

if rockets were being fired willy nilly into Sydney or Melbourne from the clubhouse of the banditos motorcycle gang, the public of Sydney or Melbourne (who would be spending half their lives in underground car parks would be screaming for the authorities to use every means at their disposal to end it.

Like murdering thousands of kids in the surrounding homes and suburbs? To get at a criminal element?

You really believe that?

do you really believe the Israelis are deliberately targeting schools and hospitals .
I don't.
I heard one of the hospitals was hit when Israeli tanks and Palestinians with RPG's were in a fire fight.
I honestly truly believe the aim of the Israelis is to kill armed Hamas fighters

and I honestly believe the aim of Hamas is just to kill any jew they can.

thoughts?

The combat strategy of Hamas [in Gaza] has at least two objectives.....

1/ The aim of Hamas is to kill as many Jews as they can.

AND.

2/ To cause as many casualties as they can among Gazan non-combatants - so that those casualties among non-combatants can be reported, and that in turn will cause a very - PUBLIC- outrage among the citizens of those nations who are 'witnessing' those casualties of Gazan non-combatants.i
"....the death of those who are killed for the cause of God gives more impetus to the cause, which continues to thrive on their blood."

ISLAMIC scholar, Sayyid Qutbi+++

Quote:
"We love death.
The US loves life.
That is the difference between us two."

- Osama bin Laden, November 2001

Quote:
"The Jews love life, .....they love life and we love death."

Hezbollah’s Secretary General Hassan Nasrallah

Quote:
".....On the one hand, Israeli culture values life in all its aspects, including the sanctity of the life of others. Their soldiers take risks to spare civilians on the other side, unprecedented in the history of warfare. Aware of Israeli inhibitions, Jihadi groups use their own people as human shields in fighting the Israelis.
Over the last few years, these Jihadi groups have developed a full-blown death cult in which they raise their children to want to die killing others."

Quote:
"We have discovered how to hit the Jews where they are the most vulnerable. The Jews love life, so that is what we shall take away from them. We are going to win, because they love life and we love death."

Hezbollah’s Secretary General Hassan Nasrallah

Quote:
"Our blood is cheap compared with the cause which has brought us together and which at moments separated us, but shortly we will meet again in heaven…"

Yasser Arafat (Maariv, Oct. 4, 1996)

Quote:
"Why do other people love life, while we love death and violence, slaughter and suicide, and [even] call it heroism and martyrdom?"

Tunisian intellectual Al-Afif Al-Akhdar

Those "...we love death" quotes, above, were sourced here...
http://www.theaugeanstables.com/2006/08/02/501/

Google;
jihad - "we love death"

Google;
muslims "we love death"

+++

Is the following claim made by Mohammed Morsi, true ?

And if it is, what does it imply about the expected behaviour and the expected obligation upon the moslem [that is held within the moslem community] ???

Mild mannered - Mohammed Morsi -
Ex-President of Egypt

"The Koran is our constitution"
"The Prophet Muhammad is our leader"
"Jihad is our path"
"AND DEATH FOR THE SAKE OF ALLAH IS OUR MOST LOFTY ASPIRATION!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8NtiUMOFFg

"O ye who believe! what is the matter with you, that, when ye are asked to go forth in the cause of Allah, ye cling heavily to the earth? Do ye prefer the life of this world to the Hereafter?...."
Koran 9.38,39

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #289 - Aug 1st, 2014 at 11:03am

People like Annie
           know this information - post #288 - but they choose to ignore and deny this information/knowledge.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #290 - Aug 1st, 2014 at 12:05pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Aug 1st, 2014 at 10:52am:
thoughts?

Grin Grin Grin

Feelings  are a very individual thing.
I must be wired up differently.
When lady Di died and all those strangers went ballistic in grief, I couldn't quite "get it"
I don't get it over the Palestinian issue, I don't get it over boat people.
I want to spend my life trying to do practical things to help.
I find there is absolutely nothing that will be achieved over crying over lady Di or crying over Palestine. They are totally outside my scope of influence and it would seem really embarrassing to become emotional over such things.
Maybe those who do are morally superior,   I don't know and I don't care.

I was following a lady with a flat tyre just yesterday (amazed she was driving at 100 Wink).
I pulled up next to her and signalled at her .
She wound down her window and yelled abuse at me.
I yelled back "flat tyre"
She pulled over and I changed it for her.
I try to be very helpful to all I meet.
To all I don't meet, how is it being helpful to cry about you. Crocodile tears need to be seen for what they are.
The person doing the crying is just weeping because they are thinking about themselves and imagining themselves in the situation.'
This is not empathy. this is a type of selfish thinking

IP Logged

wally1
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #291 - Aug 1st, 2014 at 12:06pm

that's the basic truth.

You really believe that?

I don't.
I honestly truly believe the aim of the Israelis is to kill armed Hamas fighters and I honestly believe the aim of Hamas is just to kill any jew they can.
thoughts?

Yes the aim of israelis is to kill hamas, honest, jewish people are a great people. Israelis would never kill children,

IP Logged

Shakey
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #292 - Aug 1st, 2014 at 12:09pm

How many muslims did other muslims kill today??

IP Logged

See Profile For Update
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Hamilton Ontario Canada
Reply #293 - Aug 1st, 2014 at 12:13pm

wally1 wrote on Aug 1st, 2014 at 12:06pm:
Yes the aim of israelis is to kill hamas, honest, jewish people are a great people. Israelis would never kill children

There's the vomiting spew of someone I do not trust for the most part. You can trust that all some people know how to primarily do is lie as sad as that is they even try to spin it off as a good thing in attempt to subliminally attract others.

love

David Jeffrey Spetch
Ps. Be good, be strong!

Fighting for the well being of the future of the life on this planet.

IP Logged

adelcrow
Gold Member

Australian Politics

everywhere
Reply #294 - Aug 1st, 2014 at 2:56pm

Israel is the occupying force in Palestine so blaming Hamas for the deaths caused by Israels most recent invasion and bombing of Gaza is like the Nazis in WW 2 murdering tens of thousands of French civilians and then blaming the Partisans because they live in the same area.
Due to the blockade by Israel the residents of Gaza have no where to go when the Jews started their murderous rampage so the only people to blame are the Jews.

Go the Bunnies

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #295 - Aug 1st, 2014 at 3:03pm

adelcrow wrote on Aug 1st, 2014 at 2:56pm:
Israel is the occupying force in Palestine so blaming Hamas for the deaths caused by Israels most recent invasion and bombing of Gaza is like the Nazis in WW 2 murdering tens of thousands of French civilians and then blaming the Partisans because they live in the same area.
Due to the blockade by Israel the residents of Gaza have no where to go when the Jews started their murderous rampage so the only people to blame are the Jews.

There are millions of 'Palestinians' (Trans-Jordanians) occupying Egypt, Lebanon, Jordan, and Syria as unwelcome guests. They are regarded as pests and vermin and not allowed to be registered as one of the locals.

IP Logged

gizmo_2655
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South West NSW
Reply #296 - Aug 1st, 2014 at 3:15pm

How are Israel an 'occupying force' when they pulled all their troops and citizens out almost a decade ago??

That's like Poland claiming Germany is occupying Warsaw in 1956....

"I just get sick of people who place a label on someone else with their own definition.

It's similar to a strawman fallacy"
Bobbythebat

IP Logged

wally1
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #297 - Aug 1st, 2014 at 3:15pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Aug 1st, 2014 at 3:03pm:

There are millions of 'Palestinians' (Trans-Jordanians) occupying Egypt, Lebanon, Jordan, and Syria as unwelcome guests. They are regarded as pests and vermin and not allowed to be registered as one of the locals.

No difference with you your a unwanted guest to this country.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #298 - Aug 1st, 2014 at 5:01pm

aquascoot wrote on Aug 1st, 2014 at 12:05pm:
Lord Herbert wrote on Aug 1st, 2014 at 10:52am:
thoughts?

Grin Grin Grin

Feelings  are a very individual thing.
I must be wired up differently.

No you're not. If you were there witnessing men, women and children being wheeled into hospital with missing limbs, etc, you'd be traumatised too. With the exception of psychopaths, everyone is capable of empathy. It's an automatic response.

The reason you don't feel anything about the war in Gaza is you don't know anything. A UN official being interviewed on Lateline last night burst into tears. He didn't do this because he was "morally superior". He did this because he'd spent the day travelling around bomb sites and hospitals. The UN official was suffering from what psychologists call vicarious trauma. He was in shock from seeing dead, dying and disfigured people all day.

If you were there, you'd feel the same way. It's only possible for you to feel nothing because you have no idea of what's happening. This is what psychologists call called cognative dissonance. In the past, we called it ignorance.

When it comes to war, and all the moral judgements we make about it, this is an extremely privalledged position to be in.
« Last Edit: Aug 1st, 2014 at 5:16pm by Mattyfisk »  

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #299 - Aug 1st, 2014 at 5:13pm

wally1 wrote on Aug 1st, 2014 at 3:15pm:
Lord Herbert wrote on Aug 1st, 2014 at 3:03pm:

No difference with you your a unwanted guest to this country.

Actually, I think Herbie classifies them as "rodents".

Shurely shome mishtake.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 45
Send Topic Print