Aliens    
  1 (1.8%)
I don't know    
  9 (16.1%)

Total votes: 56
« Last Modified by: Bobby. on: Jul 19th, 2014 at 10:35pm »

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 53
Send Topic Print
MH17 Malaysian jet shot down over Ukraine (Read 51736 times)
Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: MH17 Malaysian jet shot down over Ukraine
Reply #285 - Jul 23rd, 2014 at 5:34pm

red baron wrote on Jul 23rd, 2014 at 5:25pm:
As a matter of fact I'm still here. I'm not going to do your homework for you, lazy feller.

If you have followed this from the start, you would know only too well, as most others posters know, that Abbott had strong feelings that Russia had played a hand in this. I clearly remember his speech that evening on the national news the day the story broke.

You will get a link when hell freezes over, because you are too lazy to look up, what is a simple task.

You are the self proclaimed student if the matter.

Quote:
I have followed this tragedy extremely closely and no doubt, astute as you are, you no doubt have read my posts seeing that you kicked this post off.

I am not about to waste any time finding a link which does not exist which supports your completely false claim that:

Quote:
His last post about Abbott and Bishop not accusing Russia of being involved is complete balderdash.

Anyone who has watched the 6 o'clock news knows full well they have ripped it up Russia from the start.

They did not, ever, not even tonight when Abbott was handed another golden opportunity to lay fault at the feet of Russia.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #286 - Jul 23rd, 2014 at 5:35pm

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #287 - Jul 23rd, 2014 at 5:35pm

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #288 - Jul 23rd, 2014 at 5:36pm

Like Humphrey would say about you Pec, your comments, 'don't amount to a hill of beans'.

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #289 - Jul 23rd, 2014 at 5:37pm

Ever's a long time Aussie

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #290 - Jul 23rd, 2014 at 5:39pm

red baron wrote on Jul 23rd, 2014 at 5:36pm:
Like Humphrey would say about you Pec, your comments, 'don't amount to a hill of beans'.

Mr Peccarry is many things but he is not all Stetson and no Texan like some.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #291 - Jul 23rd, 2014 at 5:42pm

red baron wrote on Jul 23rd, 2014 at 5:37pm:

Turn it up Mr Baron. Yev been busted, and if I'm wrong, a student of recent events like you tell us you are, can readily blow me out of the water with just one link.  You can't because you have not acted objectively, and have been swept up in the Credlin inspired propagada.

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #292 - Jul 23rd, 2014 at 5:47pm

Well Aussie, I guess I just can't help myself, here you go have a read, doesn't this say Abbott accuses Russia of involvement? It sure reads that way to me.

Tony Abbott says Moscow must not protect Russian-backed rebels accused of downing MH17 

The Australian  |
July 18, 2014 5:46PM

Source: The Australian Newspaper,

TONY Abbott has lashed Russia’s response to the downing of the Malaysia Airlines jet, as he demanded Moscow not stand in the way of a full investigation, or protect those responsible. 

The Prime Minister has pointed the finger of suspicion at Russian-backed rebels for the shooting down of flight MH17, killing 298 on board, including 28 Australians.

US intelligence officials believe the aircraft was shot down by a surface-to-air missile and Ukraine has accused pro-Russian separatists of carrying out the attack.

Mr Abbott also thinks it “highly probable” Moscow-backed rebels shot down the Boeing 777.

Russian Ambassador Vladimir Morozov was today summoned for a meeting in Sydney with Foreign Minister Julie Bishop, who sought assurances of Moscow’s cooperation in the disaster investigation.

Mr Abbott said the ambassador’s initial response was to blame Ukraine, where the jet came down.

“This was deeply, deeply, unsatisfactory,” said Mr Abbott, who said he was angry that it appeared the jet was shot down and Australians killed by Russian-backed rebels with what could turn out to be Russian-supplied missiles.

Russian President Vladimir Putin has also said Ukraine must bear responsibility.

But Mr Abbott said the idea that Russia could claim it had nothing to do with the disaster because it happened in Ukraine’s air space did not stand up to scrutiny.

The Prime Minister said Russia must not be allowed to stand in the way of an “absolutely comprehensive” investigation.

“No prevarication, no excuses, no blame-shifting, no protecting of people who may be backed by Russia but who may have been involved in this terrible event,” he said.

“It was not an accident, it was a crime, and criminals should not be allowed to get away with what they have done,” Mr Abbott said.

“It did not crash, it was downed. And it was downed over territory controlled by Russian-backed rebels,” Mr Abbott said.

“It was downed by a missile which seems to have been launched by Russian-backed rebels, and again I want to stress that Australia takes a very dim view of countries which are facilitating the killing of Australian citizens.”

Mr Abbott said the issue was a test for Russia and how transparent it was going to be.

“Based on what we’re hearing from Russia, it’s hard to have much confidence that there will be the kind of open and honest and transparent cooperation that you would expect, and this really is a test for Russia. It really is a test for Russia. How transparent and fair dinkum is it going to be?”

Mr Abbott declined to indicate whether Australia would refuse to allow Mr Putin to attend the G20 leaders summit in Brisbane later in the year, saying it was unlikely the government would act without consulting other nations.

Ms Bishop, speaking earlier, said Mr Morozov had denied Russian involvement but couldn’t give details of what had occurred, so supported an independent investigation.

Russia had also given an assurance it would do what it could to find who was responsible.

Earlier, Mr Abbott demanded “the perpetrators must be brought to justice’’.

In an apparent swipe at Russia, Mr Abbott also told parliament: “The bullying of small countries by big ones, the trampling of justice and decency in the pursuit of national aggrandisement, and reckless indifference to human life should have no place in our world.”

Mr Abbott said the world should be “filled with revulsion” after the apparent confirmation the Boeing 777 was shot down by a missile over Ukraine.

“This is a grim day for our country and it’s a grim day for our world,’’ he said.

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #293 - Jul 23rd, 2014 at 5:50pm

red baron wrote on Jul 23rd, 2014 at 5:47pm:
Well Aussie, I guess I just can't help myself, here you go have a read, doesn't this say Abbott accuses Russia of involvement? It sure reads that way to me.

Source: The Australian Newspaper,

TONY Abbott has lashed Russia’s response to the downing of the Malaysia Airlines jet, as he demanded Moscow not stand in the way of a full investigation, or protect those responsible. 

The Prime Minister has pointed the finger of suspicion at Russian-backed rebels for the shooting down of flight MH17, killing 298 on board, including 28 Australians.

US intelligence officials believe the aircraft was shot down by a surface-to-air missile and Ukraine has accused pro-Russian separatists of carrying out the attack.

Mr Abbott also thinks it “highly probable” Moscow-backed rebels shot down the Boeing 777.

Russian Ambassador Vladimir Morozov was today summoned for a meeting in Sydney with Foreign Minister Julie Bishop, who sought assurances of Moscow’s cooperation in the disaster investigation.

Mr Abbott said the ambassador’s initial response was to blame Ukraine, where the jet came down.

“This was deeply, deeply, unsatisfactory,” said Mr Abbott, who said he was angry that it appeared the jet was shot down and Australians killed by Russian-backed rebels with what could turn out to be Russian-supplied missiles.

Russian President Vladimir Putin has also said Ukraine must bear responsibility.

But Mr Abbott said the idea that Russia could claim it had nothing to do with the disaster because it happened in Ukraine’s air space did not stand up to scrutiny.

The Prime Minister said Russia must not be allowed to stand in the way of an “absolutely comprehensive” investigation.

“No prevarication, no excuses, no blame-shifting, no protecting of people who may be backed by Russia but who may have been involved in this terrible event,” he said.

“It was not an accident, it was a crime, and criminals should not be allowed to get away with what they have done,” Mr Abbott said.

“It did not crash, it was downed. And it was downed over territory controlled by Russian-backed rebels,” Mr Abbott said.

“It was downed by a missile which seems to have been launched by Russian-backed rebels, and again I want to stress that Australia takes a very dim view of countries which are facilitating the killing of Australian citizens.”

Mr Abbott said the issue was a test for Russia and how transparent it was going to be.

“Based on what we’re hearing from Russia, it’s hard to have much confidence that there will be the kind of open and honest and transparent cooperation that you would expect, and this really is a test for Russia. It really is a test for Russia. How transparent and fair dinkum is it going to be?”

Mr Abbott declined to indicate whether Australia would refuse to allow Mr Putin to attend the G20 leaders summit in Brisbane later in the year, saying it was unlikely the government would act without consulting other nations.

Ms Bishop, speaking earlier, said Mr Morozov had denied Russian involvement but couldn’t give details of what had occurred, so supported an independent investigation.

Russia had also given an assurance it would do what it could to find who was responsible.

Earlier, Mr Abbott demanded “the perpetrators must be brought to justice’’.

In an apparent swipe at Russia, Mr Abbott also told parliament: “The bullying of small countries by big ones, the trampling of justice and decency in the pursuit of national aggrandisement, and reckless indifference to human life should have no place in our world.”

Mr Abbott said the world should be “filled with revulsion” after the apparent confirmation the Boeing 777 was shot down by a missile over Ukraine.

“This is a grim day for our country and it’s a grim day for our world,’’ he said.

Was there a semi-naked woman on page 3? If not, source not credible.

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #294 - Jul 23rd, 2014 at 5:50pm

And nowhere there is he quoted as laying any fault at the feet of Russia.  'I want to make it perfectly clear,'  nowhere there is he quoted as laying any fault at the feet of Russia.

Nowhere there is he quoted as laying any fault at the feet of Russia.

Have I made that clear?

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #295 - Jul 23rd, 2014 at 5:56pm

I said, Abbott said, Russia was involved Aussie and that's sure the way it reads to me. Of course you being a Lawyer, will try and make the blackest night seem like the shiniest day the earth has ever seen.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #296 - Jul 23rd, 2014 at 5:59pm

red baron wrote on Jul 23rd, 2014 at 5:56pm:

I said, Abbott said, Russia was involved Aussie and that's sure the way it reads to me. Of course you being a Lawyer, will try and make the blackest night seem like the shiniest day the earth has ever seen.

That is not a direct quote of what Abbott said.  It is a journalist's beat up.  Mr Baron.......where there did Abbott lay fault for the shooting down of this plane at the feet of Russia?  Just quote his words where he does that, and this will go away.

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #297 - Jul 23rd, 2014 at 6:01pm

Aussie wrote on Jul 23rd, 2014 at 5:42pm:

Turn it up Mr Baron. Yev been busted, and if I'm wrong, a student of recent events like you tell us you are, can readily blow me out of the water with just one link.  You can't because you have not acted objectively, and have been swept up in the Credlin inspired propagada.

now its credlin????  but of course... Palmer attackers her for having no kids so you must obey your master and do likewise.

you are quite the fool.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #298 - Jul 23rd, 2014 at 6:15pm

Aussie, know your WW11 history?......Nuts!

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #299 - Jul 23rd, 2014 at 6:16pm

longweekend58 wrote on Jul 23rd, 2014 at 6:01pm:
Aussie wrote on Jul 23rd, 2014 at 5:42pm:

now its credlin????  but of course... Palmer attackers her for having no kids so you must obey your master and do likewise.

you are quite the fool. 

Huh.....you don't think she is doing her job anymore?  If she didn't come up with Operation Bring Them Home, was it Abbot himself?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 53
Send Topic Print