Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Amazing mathematics Aussie wizz-kid. (Read 1230 times)
Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Amazing mathematics Aussie wizz-kid.
Jul 17th, 2014 at 9:07am

link

I think a lot of people would be surprised it wasn't an Asian or Indian kid who took out this prize.

What's the future for a kid like this? NASA?

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Re: Amazing mathematics Aussie wizz-kid.
Reply #1 - Jul 17th, 2014 at 9:08am

Hosting breakfast radio if Adam Spencer is anything to go by.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #2 - Jul 17th, 2014 at 12:37pm

Awesome achievement. I hope he gets all the recognition and sponsorship that he deserves.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Jul 17th, 2014 at 1:38pm

this should be news headlines...instead of the crime and bashings we regularly have to endure..

what a marvelous achievement .

where can a maths lead one these days???....it didnt say where this will lead his career.. I wish him well.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #4 - Jul 17th, 2014 at 1:48pm

cods wrote on Jul 17th, 2014 at 1:38pm:
this should be news headlines...instead of the crime and bashings we regularly have to endure..

where can a maths lead one these days???....it didnt say where this will lead his career.. I wish him well.

If he's not lured to America with a lucrative deal he;d be mad to pass up, I'd be very surprised.

The US sucked away Britain's best minds for the first 20 years after the end of WWII ... and this was made possible because of the British government's notorious and well-earned reputation for ignoring requests for funding and subsidies to allow its budding scientists to develop projects and work on new inventions.

Same thing happened here with Ralph Sarich and his Orbital engine. The Americans ending up financing him instead of the Australian government's Business Initiatives program.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Jul 17th, 2014 at 2:21pm

It is when people have fear in their hearts that they are easier to control and are more open to suggestion.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #6 - Jul 17th, 2014 at 2:27pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 17th, 2014 at 2:21pm:

It is when people have fear in their hearts that they are easier to control and are more open to suggestion.

I've had Open Heart surgery, Greg, and I can assure you they didn't find any fear in there.  Tongue

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Jul 17th, 2014 at 2:32pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Jul 17th, 2014 at 2:27pm:

I've had Open Heart surgery, Greg, and I can assure you they didn't find any fear in there.  Tongue

My prescription: watch ACA and 60 Minutes, and believe everything the Government tells you.

It'll fill up quick enough.

IP Logged

George_Orhell

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Jul 17th, 2014 at 2:58pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Jul 17th, 2014 at 2:27pm:

It's a bastard for a few weeks when you cough or sneeze after that.

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
"Holy Sh!t ... What a Ride!"

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Jul 17th, 2014 at 3:15pm

well done to this kid ....

I hope he keeps his head screwed on right and he doesn't let temptation waste all that talent

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #10 - Jul 17th, 2014 at 8:46pm

Quote:
Same thing happened here with Ralph Sarich and his Orbital engine.

The engine was stuffed, hence it is not out here.  Some vital parts of it were pretty clevah and did survive.  Sarich was lucky he sold out.

IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

MediocrityNET: because
people died for this!

Reply #11 - Jul 17th, 2014 at 9:06pm

Aussie wrote on Jul 17th, 2014 at 8:46pm:
Quote:
Same thing happened here with Ralph Sarich and his Orbital engine.

The engine was stuffed, hence it is not out here.  Some vital parts of it were pretty clevah and did survive.  Sarich was lucky he sold out.

Why was the engine 'stuffed'?

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *

IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

people died for this!

Reply #12 - Jul 17th, 2014 at 9:10pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Jul 17th, 2014 at 1:48pm:

If he's not lured to America with a lucrative deal he;d be mad to pass up, I'd be very surprised.

The US sucked away Britain's best minds for the first 20 years after the end of WWII ... and this was made possible because of the British government's notorious and well-earned reputation for ignoring requests for funding and subsidies to allow its budding scientists to develop projects and work on new inventions.

Same thing happened here with Ralph Sarich and his Orbital engine. The Americans ending up financing him instead of the Australian government's Business Initiatives program.

China took one of their own man back who founded one of the biggest solar panel companies in China after studying here and Dr David Mills studied here and got no love and went to America...

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *

IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

people died for this!

Reply #13 - Jul 17th, 2014 at 9:12pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jul 17th, 2014 at 9:08am:

Cheesy yeh well, atleast no one can say he's no traitor to his aussie lifestyle roots  Cool Cool Cool Cool

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #14 - Jul 17th, 2014 at 9:21pm

BatteriesNotIncluded wrote on Jul 17th, 2014 at 9:12pm:
Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jul 17th, 2014 at 9:08am:

Cheesy yeh well, atleast no one can say he's no traitor to his aussie lifestyle roots  Cool Cool Cool Cool

Adam Spencer is half Chinese anyway, so there's no problem there.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print