Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print
Qantas "customer care" (Read 4813 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Qantas "customer care"
Jul 11th, 2014 at 12:29pm

I recently tried to make a complaint to Qantas about inappropriate excess baggage charges. Everyone I spoke to in person (at the airport) or over the phone told me to contact "customer care". The guy on the phone explained that you can contact them by (snail) mail, fax or email. I suggested this was a dodgy way to avoid dealing with angry customers over the phone, which he politely denied. OK, so I ask for the email address. Well, they don't actually give you their email address. Instead they direct you to an online form. I filled this out over 24 hours ago, and still have not received a response - not even a confirmation email.

Has anyone gone through this process before? How long does it take to get a response?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Re: Qantas "customer care"
Reply #1 - Jul 11th, 2014 at 12:33pm

Didnt send it with a read receipt?

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Phemanderac
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Jul 11th, 2014 at 12:44pm

QANTAS has such a fantastic track record in this country I am surprised that there would be any need to complain about any aspect of the service it provides...

Perhaps write to Mr Joyce directly, he is a bit of an action man when it comes to protecting his brand...

On the 26th of January you are all invited to celebrate little white penal day...

"They're not rules as such, more like guidelines" Pirates of the Caribbean..

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Jul 11th, 2014 at 2:01pm

Dodgy.

You could try faxing them:  1800 613 844

IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #4 - Jul 11th, 2014 at 3:27pm

freediver wrote on Jul 11th, 2014 at 12:29pm:
I recently tried to make a complaint to Qantas about inappropriate excess baggage charges. Everyone I spoke to in person (at the airport) or over the phone told me to contact "customer care". The guy on the phone explained that you can contact them by (snail) mail, fax or email. I suggested this was a dodgy way to avoid dealing with angry customers over the phone, which he politely denied. OK, so I ask for the email address. Well, they don't actually give you their email address. Instead they direct you to an online form. I filled this out over 24 hours ago, and still have not received a response - not even a confirmation email.

Has anyone gone through this process before? How long does it take to get a response?

Having a bad day were you?

usually these complaints are just some nice person pissed off at something else and want to someone to vent to.  As soon as the person calms down, they realise it was nothing and don't take it any further - sounds like you just need to chill. 

Baggage charges are what they are.  If you had an airline you could charge what you want, but you don't and they do....

No, it's not really fair, but venting at some poor bitch in a call centre has precisely 0.0% chance of changing that, but it does make you a jerk.  Do you really want to be that guy?

In the fullness of time...

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Jul 11th, 2014 at 3:42pm

... wrote on Jul 11th, 2014 at 3:27pm:

usually these complaints are just some nice person pissed off at something else and want to someone to vent to.  As soon as the person calms down, they realise it was nothing and don't take it any further - sounds like you just need to chill. 

Baggage charges are what they are.  If you had an airline you could charge what you want, but you don't and they do....

No, it's not really fair, but venting at some poor bitch in a call centre has precisely 0.0% chance of changing that, but it does make you a jerk.  Do you really want to be that guy?

IP Logged

Alinta
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #6 - Jul 11th, 2014 at 4:06pm

"How long does it take to get a response?"

5 business days............

But had a quiet chuckle over the wording of this question in the online form...."Would you like a response from us?"

IP Logged

fezz

Where's my red hat?

Reply #7 - Jul 11th, 2014 at 4:51pm

are you a frequent flyer...bronze, silver, gold or platinum? If it's one of the first three, good luck with that, if it's the latter - we can't refuse you sir / we'll lick your erm, well we'll lick what ever you want sir.

Seriously, you could be waiting up to a week for a replay, and then only a serious one at that if your complaint is valid.

I would rather be poor and produce nothing than be an arsehole and conquer the world

IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

MediocrityNET: because
people died for this!

Reply #8 - Jul 11th, 2014 at 4:53pm

He has the right to complain: the protected industrys of so called 'commerical' air travel must provide goods and sevices to the voting consumer at a competitive price(I mean, commerce is apparently taking place here  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes) or anarchy will result!

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *

IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

people died for this!

Reply #9 - Jul 11th, 2014 at 4:55pm

Phemanderac wrote on Jul 11th, 2014 at 12:44pm:
QANTAS has such a fantastic track record in this country I am surprised that there would be any need to complain about any aspect of the service it provides...

Perhaps write to Mr Joyce directly, he is a bit of an action man when it comes to protecting his brand...

who flies qun tu s??

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Jul 11th, 2014 at 5:19pm

I once had to run an employment check on a Jetstar pilot who applied for a property I manage  ..... after 2 hrs of trying all the different numbers they kept giving me, I gave up ... every number for Quantas (or Jetstar) led to the call centre in the Phillipines .... 3 weeks after he moved in Quantas finally replied to an automatic online enquiry  ... friggen useless

When I asked the pilot in question, he says they (staff) have the same problem ... if he wants to call HR to arrange holidays or enquire over a discreptancy with his pay, he gets the run around too and usually ends up at the Manilla call centre. They are supposed to use that automated email crap but that can take weeks to get a response.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Reply #11 - Jul 11th, 2014 at 5:30pm

fezz wrote on Jul 11th, 2014 at 4:51pm:
are you a frequent flyer...bronze, silver, gold or platinum? If it's one of the first three, good luck with that, if it's the latter - we can't refuse you sir / we'll lick your erm, well we'll lick what ever you want sir.

Seriously, you could be waiting up to a week for a replay, and then only a serious one at that if your complaint is valid.

My greatest days flying around with Qantas were as a Platinum flyer.
They literally would do anything you wanted!!!!

I dropped down to Gold because obviously don't fly them too much from here and the level of customer care is noticeably worse!!

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination - Oscar Wilde

IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

people died for this!

Reply #12 - Jul 11th, 2014 at 5:41pm

Andrei.Hicks wrote on Jul 11th, 2014 at 5:30pm:
fezz wrote on Jul 11th, 2014 at 4:51pm:

My greatest days flying around with Qantas were as a Platinum flyer.
They literally would do anything you wanted!!!!

I dropped down to Gold because obviously don't fly them too much from here and the level of customer care is noticeably worse!!

... ......

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #13 - Jul 11th, 2014 at 7:32pm

I want to ask for a refund. I realise that they can charge whatever they want, but I checked with them beforehand and they said they would not charge me. Then I turn up at the counter and they basically hold me to ransom over it. If I had known in advance i may not have bothered with the extra baggage. It is a bit complicated because there are two airlines involved. I was expecting the typical runaround with them both denying responsibility for the fee, but it looks like I will be lucky to get to that stage.

So far my success rate with getting refunds has been 100%.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Reply #14 - Jul 11th, 2014 at 7:45pm

freediver wrote on Jul 11th, 2014 at 7:32pm:

I want to ask for a refund. I realise that they can charge whatever they want, but I checked with them beforehand and they said they would not charge me. Then I turn up at the counter and they basically hold me to ransom over it. If I had known in advance i may not have bothered with the extra baggage. It is a bit complicated because there are two airlines involved. I was expecting the typical runaround with them both denying responsibility for the fee, but it looks like I will be lucky to get to that stage.

So far my success rate with getting refunds has been 100%.

Your percentage is about to drop.
I deal with airlines a lot of my life - unless you are a platinum flyer you can whistle dixie for that refund from Qantas.

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination - Oscar Wilde

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print