Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 28
Send Topic Print
Multiculturalism is an anti-Western ideology (Read 31497 times)
vikaryan

Australian Politics

Re: Multiculturalism is an anti-Western ideology
Reply #270 - Jan 13th, 2015 at 12:47pm

Quote:
Freedom of speech can't just be there when it suits the purpose of certain people. Freedom of speech is freedom of speech. Full stop.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/reader-comments/p/comment/link/73710385

Quote:
Tim Wilcox has nothing to apologise for. Long live free speech. Isn't this what caused the recent events in Paris- IDIOTS trying to suppress free speech!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/reader-comments/p/comment/link/73763840

Quote:
Once again we hear the outcry from a section of society when a comment or question is uttered which point out a glaring hypocritical situation concerning the Israel/Palestinian situation. Je Sui Tim Wilcox!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/reader-comments/p/comment/link/73763697

Quote:
He didn't just say "Palestinians suffer hugely at Jewish hands as well".....which implies he's giving his own opinion. He actually said "Many critics though of Israel's policy would suggest that the Palestinians suffer hugely at Jewish hands as well" which is an entirely different matter and is simply a fair comment on what OTHERS are saying. I can't see why he felt he had to apologise

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/reader-comments/p/comment/link/73709430

Quote:
He spoke the truth. And the whole point of the rally was to remember the victims and defend freedom of speech!! He can voice his opinion in a free Europe!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/reader-comments/p/comment/link/73709403
« Last Edit: Jan 13th, 2015 at 12:59pm by vikaryan »  

55082499.jpg (117 KB | 41 )
55082499.jpg

We fight a holy war against the fat and the corrupt and the sinful and the unbelieving!

IP Logged

vikaryan

Australian Politics

Reply #271 - Jan 16th, 2015 at 6:29pm

Joshua Bonehill ‏@VoiceOfBonehill

Quote:
Multiculturalism is #WhiteGenocide, those who support it are #AntiWhite Genocidal tyrants

https://twitter.com/VoiceOfBonehill/status/555887414804111360/photo/1

mult.jpg (56 KB | 43 )
mult.jpg

We fight a holy war against the fat and the corrupt and the sinful and the unbelieving!

IP Logged

vikaryan

Australian Politics

Reply #272 - Jan 17th, 2015 at 5:06pm

The shameful truth is that this planet now has 12 new martyrs among countless more because we are not all civilized enough to see an image, read a page, and not murder the author when we disagree.

Of course squelching free speech does not succeed for long, if at all, in stifling opinions with which we disagree. Rude or not, inflammatory or not, appropriate or not, those terrorists did nothing of lasting impact for their cause. Rather, they have ennobled and enabled their enemies.

Rest in Peace:

Frédéric Boisseau
    Franck Brinsolaro
    Jean Cabut
    Elsa Cayat
    Stéphane Charbonnier
    Philippe Honoré
    Bernard Maris
    Ahmed Merabet
    Mustapha Ourrad
    Michel Renaud
    Bernard Verlhac
    Georges Wolinski

http://thenuherald.com/opinion/2015/01/14/letter-editor-charlie-hebdo-cost-free-speech/

IP Logged

vikaryan

Australian Politics

Reply #273 - Jan 20th, 2015 at 7:25am

I am Charlie Hebdo and you have a right to be too. In his letter to the editor, David W. Polhemus states that Charlie Hebdo is a "malignant, hatred filled periodical," This is an opinion that offers no clear examples as to why it is "hatred filled." His claim that Charlie Hebdo is a bully is a poor one as you can only be "bullied" by Charlie Hebdo if you actually read it. Mr. Polhemus certainly has his right to express his opinion on Charlie Hebdo as do the rest of us. However, I find Mr. Polhemus' opinion hypercritical as he denies the use of violence against such a "hatred filled periodical" but sympathetically suggest "but what do you expect"? Well Mr. Polhemus, I expect that if you take issue with my periodical, opinion, beliefs or sense of humor that you either conduct yourself in a reasonable and civil manner when disagreeing or remove yourself from it. There is nothing that compelled the Kouachi brothers from reading Charlie Hebdo other than their already misguided hatred towards the West.

The problem I have with the letter is that although Mr. Polhemus explicitly denounces the use of violence, he also expects it and even justifies it. Placed in that context only suggests that the comments are disingenuous.The Kouachi brothers rallied around Islam and held Charlie Hebdo in contempt justifying their use of deadly violence when they could have just walked past the magazine stand that carried it. Where is the justification in that?

I support the right to articulate views in a manner that offers debate without a violent reprisal. However, I absolutely refuse to support or try to understand the use of violence against anyone that does not share my beliefs, opinion or even sense of humor. And for that, I am Charlie Hebdo.

Dennis Greco
Syracuse

http://www.syracuse.com/opinion/index.ssf/2015/01/i_am_charlie_hebdo_and_you_have_the_right_to_be_too_your_letters.html

58172240.jpg (144 KB | 41 )
58172240.jpg

IP Logged

Rocketanski
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #274 - Jan 20th, 2015 at 7:32am

Frequency,  I agree with what you say except I have kids. Anyone who has kids has to mourn the fact that they will grow to be stangers in their own land.

IP Logged

vikaryan

Australian Politics

Reply #275 - Jan 20th, 2015 at 8:58am

The assumption, which may or may not be true, is that this is Islamic terrorism. Unfortunately, it probably is a good assumption and, if true,
adds fuel to Egyptian President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi’s assertion that Islam needs reforming, as if we didn’t already know
. France needs to do a lot of soul searching to answer for its ambiguity regarding its position on Islamic ideology, as does the rest of Europe.

My heart goes out to the families of those who died. If this turns out to be religious terrorism, which is highly likely, it is a terrible price to pay for exposing religious fanaticism.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2015/01/08/todays-letters-on-charlie-hebdo-an-assault-on-the-western-tradition-of-free-speech/

58185262.jpg (171 KB | 43 )
58185262.jpg

IP Logged

|dev|null
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #276 - Jan 21st, 2015 at 5:26pm

You know vik you should be glad we have Multiculturalism.  Without it, you'd have nothing to rail against.  Oh, wait you could pick on the Jews, I suppose.  Oh, wait, you already do!  So it's like Christmas for you.  You get an extra pressie!  A toy to play with and another toy to trash.  Lucky you!  Now go and play in the corner.  I'm sure you'll be able to conquer Poland by dinner time, dear.    Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin

"Pens and books are the weapons that defeat terrorism." - Malala Yousefzai, 2013.

"we will never ever solve violence while we grasp for overly simplistic solutions."
Freediver, 2007.

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #277 - Jan 21st, 2015 at 7:26pm

I would like vika just once to answer a bloody question

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

|dev|null
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #278 - Jan 22nd, 2015 at 4:04pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jan 21st, 2015 at 7:26pm:

Everybody should have a hope.   Grin Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

"Pens and books are the weapons that defeat terrorism." - Malala Yousefzai, 2013.

"we will never ever solve violence while we grasp for overly simplistic solutions."
Freediver, 2007.

IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #279 - Jan 22nd, 2015 at 4:07pm

It helps if you actually ask one.

In the fullness of time...

IP Logged

vikaryan

Australian Politics

Reply #280 - Jan 24th, 2015 at 5:57pm

Outdated notions of religion leads to violence

http://www.athensmessenger.com/blogs/guest_columnists/outdated-notions-of-religion-leads-to-violence/article_3f4299c6-12b1-506a-86a1-50c24f2f4007.html

On Jan. 7, I, alongside the rest of the world, learned of the terrible triumph of ignorance that occurred at the offices of Charlie Hebdo. There was no evil inherent there, it was simply the furthered crusade against reason that religion has waged since the inception of sentience in the course of human evolution; ignorance turning to violence to cling to the ever–fading power it once had over the world.

You sitting here in Athens, Ohio might look at that as being strictly a problem of Islam, of the Middle East, of anywhere but in your own heart; but that ignorance isn’t just a symptom of Islam, but one of religion in general. You see, religion is an example of what is called cultural evolution, a derivative of meme theory that provides value and definition to trends in a society’s culture, and how effective an aid in survival it is. Religion was man’s first steps at gaining understanding of the world, ironically enough filling the role that scientific study fills today. Like most initial conclusions based out of ignorance, they’re all wrong. Or all of them save the truth, as the world’s entire breadth of major religions postulate that they, above all else, are the sole source of foundation to the world. I hope you can see the paradox here, they can not all be right, only one can.

It’s okay though, just because they’re wrong doesn’t mean that they aren’t important in history, that they didn’t further the progress of mankind, but they should now fall along the wayside with Darwin’s conclusions on Evolution, Einstein’s understanding of Relativity, and Freud’s grasp on psychology.

But they won’t, instead we’ll continue to murder, torture, rape, and terrorize each other because of our animalistic, and well-grounded, fear that our 2,000 year-old suppositions concerning the machinations of the universe are wrong.

I know, “How dare I!” you’re so offended, I know. Well shoot me, alright? As an atheist, my belief system is based on what is quantifiable and testable. I am not afraid to be wrong; I don’t get angry when my beliefs are challenged. I live to evolve. Some of you sitting at home reading this will tune me out now, or did a while back. Growing up in Southeastern Ohio has exposed me to the bitterness of faith on a massive scale. I have been called every name in the book, denied having my voiced heard, and victimized because I dare challenge the beliefs of the many as I challenge myself. Now what does that sound like? I can’t seem to place the familiarity clawing on the back of my mind.

I challenge you now to look past your suppositions, to switch perspective, and critique the world around you. Leave no “truth” challenged, no legend uninvestigated, and no fallacy uncontested. Your reason and logic is the only real moral compass out there, it’s time we stopped making its use a capital punishment.

It’s OK, I’m done. I’m just going to go back to watching the religious right insist that they’re beliefs infect every aspect of government and education. Wouldn’t want to postulate the idea that my freedom from religion is being emaciated in the wake of the glutton that is freedom to religion; That might be dangerous, as all the peaceful folk are armed.

May the Force be with you; Je Suis Charlie.

54895849.jpg (200 KB | 40 )
54895849.jpg

IP Logged

vikaryan

Australian Politics

Reply #281 - Jan 28th, 2015 at 10:32am

Religious fundamentalism is an intractable problem for our world. Yes, some world strife arises from ethnic differences and some as a result of power grabs by one nation-state or another. Yet, the greatest predictor in the ongoing idiocy of war after war, civilian rape, murder and genocide is religious fundamentalism run amok.

Whether the believer is Muslim, Jew, Christian, Buddhist or Sikh, the primary motivator for fundamentalists is fear that the modern world is out to annihilate them. They see themselves as God’s chosen under constant attack from “others” and “otherness.” In fact, their sense of constant assault and persecution becomes the excuse both for warring against those “others” and for imposing their narrow beliefs on whole societies.

The open-mindedness necessary for a democracy is diametrically opposed to the absolutist thinking required by fundamentalism. We’re often told that religion is not to blame for its perversion by fundamentalists. But that’s a cop-out. The freedom to practice religion comes with the responsibility to counter and repudiate its distortion. Hatred is never sacred, nor is “God” – however perceived – the source for intolerant, politicized spirituality.

http://www.inforum.com/opinion/columnists/3663223-jane-ahlin-freedoms-true-test-how-we-respond-fundamentalism

With the possible exception of Buddhism, the world’s most powerful religions give wildly contradictory messages about violence.  The Christian Bible is full of exhortations to kindness, compassion, humility, mercy and justice.  It is also full of exhortations to stoning, burning, slavery, torture, and slaughter. 
If the Bible were law, most people you know would qualify for the death penalty. The same can be said of the Quran.
  The same can be said of the Torah. Believers who claim that Islam or Christianity or Judaism is a religion of peace are speaking a half-truth—and a naive falsehood.

http://www.salon.com/2015/01/17/why_religion_unleashes_humanitys_most_violent_impulses_partner/#

58539016.jpg (153 KB | 42 )
58539016.jpg

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #282 - Jan 28th, 2015 at 10:45am

... wrote on Jan 22nd, 2015 at 4:07pm:

It helps if you actually ask one.

I actually did ages ago.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Mnemonic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #283 - Feb 10th, 2015 at 9:48pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 6th, 2014 at 1:34pm:
All are multicultural, Soren   Roll Eyes

Actually, Korea claims to be a pure race. There are, at least, some groups in Korea that claim that.

IP Logged

vikaryan

Australian Politics

Reply #284 - Feb 12th, 2015 at 7:06am

One's right to the free expression of religious views should not be trampled on by any governmental authority, but that does not give any protection against individuals who wish to express their views about a particular religion. A vital part of religious freedom is the right to say, in effect, that my religion is better than yours, or even that I am entirely disdainful of your religion or of any religion at all.

We all have the right to take umbrage to the views of others, and we can choose to shun those with views, religious or otherwise, abhorrent to us, or we can counter those views with our own. We do not need the government to protect our sensibilities.

http://www.nj.com/opinion/index.ssf/2015/01/new_congress_speech_vs_religion_sunday_hunting_let.html

g.jpg (58 KB | 43 )
g.jpg

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 28
Send Topic Print