Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Taking the phone for a walk (Read 1233 times)
BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

MediocrityNET: because
people died for this!

Re: Taking the phone for a walk
Reply #15 - Jul 7th, 2014 at 10:38am

sherri wrote on Jul 5th, 2014 at 9:20am:
Grin Grin This post has really shown up how old I am.

I've never talked and walked on a mobile in my entire life.

Most of the time, I forget to even pack it in my bag with me and I have been shamed a few times when shopkeepers/medical staff have asked for a record of my number and I don't know it. Huh

I'm possibly the last person on the planet who isn't obsessed with it. I find myself getting annoyed at times-not with people who answer it, but with people who insist on texting back when we are together, when it isn't really necessary and could easily wait for half an hour or so.
I have a friend-a lovely, lovely person-but she does this. She can be having a cup of coffee with you then look at her phone and say-I'll just answer this. And be looking down at her phone for the next 15 minutes.

A lot of people are over mobiles!!

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *

IP Logged

sherri
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne, Australia
Re: Taking the phone for a walk
Reply #16 - Jul 10th, 2014 at 8:06am

I actually think they are a useful tool. And I don't mind someone taking a message or sending a message  when they are with me, if they need to.

I guess the key word is need.

I have seen a whole table of young ones where no one is talking, they are all on their phone apps. That's a bit sad.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print